Legend of Korra

Ren✧

tumblr_mwhdarZ4ef1shyazao3_r1_500.png

Alright, I was gonna wait until we got a release date to make this topic, but with recent leaks of the episodes, I can't help but feed into the hype that is going around. I'll do my best to spoilers in...well...spoilers, but know that from here on in you are risking spoiling episodes three through six of Book 3. Do note that I have not been able to get my hands on these leaks, as they were taken down, plus they weren't in english anyway. But I have found a few screen shots that might be interesting to discuss. 

However, if you want to talk about something that won't spoil the episodes. When do you think Book 3 is coming out? I had hoped that it would come out in summer, but now that we've entered June, I highly doubt that. My guess is for September. What are wanting/expecting from Book 3?

[spoiler=Spoilers!!!]

These are from a few tumblr blogs that I was able to get some screenshots from. Again, there are some pretty major reveals in here, so if you aren't wanting to spoil things, turn back now. These screenshots don't reveal anything about the plots of the episodes though. The first bit here is just episode title reveals, nothing major. 

tumblr_inline_n6tkkpPF7G1qdld5l.png

Alright, we already knew that the Earth Queen would play a part in this next book. NEXT!

tumblr_inline_n6tkkvSisg1qdld5l.png

Who is harm's way, I wonder? The queen? Or is Korra herself? And who is doing the harming?

tumblr_inline_n6tkkzyR4Y1qdld5l.png

Now this interesting! A look at the antagonists maybe? Would definitely make sense why the metal bending police force is dramatized in the trailer shot at the top. Perhaps this the group that is doing the harming?

tumblr_inline_n6tkl39feF1qdld5l.png

Who's wounds? The Earth Kingdom's old wounds? Perhaps a past that we don't know about? Something that happened in the 70 year gap? Or is it Korra's old wounds? Playing on her insecurities maybe?

[spoiler=Spoilers!!!]

Alright here are a few shots from the actual episodes. A few reveals spoiled here.

tumblr_inline_n6tkraSHnf1qdld5l.jpg

It looks like Korra, Tenzin, air-babies, and of course Naga are taking a little trip on an airship and judging by the wall I see in the background, I'd guess they are heading to Ba Sing Se. 

tumblr_inline_n6tkriWs5p1qdld5l.jpg

Did I call it or did I call it? Who could forget this scenery? Welcome to Ba Sing Se!

tumblr_inline_n6tkbsVzvA1qdld5l.jpg

Nice little view of the city. Looks like it has become even more urbanized, and of course industrialized, in the 70 years we haven't got to look at it.

tumblr_inline_n6tkc502jx1qdld5l.jpg

Taking it to the streets! Does this beggar have any significance to the plot or is just giving us a look at the slums near the outerwall?

tumblr_inline_n6tkcbpJ461qdld5l.jpg

What's going on here? It looks like that line might be people in poverty. Maybe getting food or supplies? Is the Earth Kingdom undergoing financial trouble? Perhaps suffering from the Metal Clan? 

I think I can just make out Korra in her blue outfit there though, so maybe it has more to do with entering the city?

tumblr_inline_n6tkciIytY1qdld5l.jpg

tumblr_inline_n6tkcowbYG1qdld5l.jpg

Nothing major there. More of a look into Ba Sing Se.

tumblr_inline_n6tkcuNFpf1qdld5l.jpg

Servant of Earth Queen maybe? Looks like they are meeting someone that is significant anyway 

tumblr_inline_n6tkd58cgY1qdld5l.jpg

And here we have a scene from 'this is what happened last episode' and it looks like Korra is meeting with the Earth Queen.

tumblr_inline_n6tkdcoATM1qdld5l.jpg

Is that the Dai Li? I still hate those guys for their traitorous ways...and slightly admire them for the same reason. Also, who is this kid in the foreground? I am thinking someone significant. For some reason, his haircut reminds me of Sokka

tumblr_inline_n6tke0dcXK1qdld5l.jpg

Now this looks like a significant scene. Is that Korra standing over a defeated opponent? A stranger? And where are they? Doesn't like any part of the Earth Kingdom I've ever seen.

tumblr_inline_n6tke7jlNs1qdld5l.jpg

Could this be the person that is on the ground in the above picture? Or is it the water bender that is in the above picture? Idk, but I am getting some mysterious vibes here.

tumblr_inline_n6tkedN7Td1qdld5l.jpg

Alright, something big is definitely going to happen in this place. 

tumblr_inline_n6tkeqUAwN1qdld5l.jpg

Anyone that has been following the reveals has already seen this scene. I wonder why they are training together though? What could Asami teach Korra about combat?

tumblr_inline_n6tkewUNwb1qdld5l.jpg

Advisor to the Earth Queen, maybe? Good to see that it isn't the Dai Li that serve as the higher up body guards anymore

tumblr_inline_n6tkf794pO1qdld5l.jpg

tumblr_inline_n6tkfd8oA01qdld5l.jpg

Not really much to glean off these images.

tumblr_inline_n6tkfivEhd1qdld5l.jpg

tumblr_inline_n6tkfn7vPw1qdld5l.jpg

Is this water bending or maybe metal bending(???) something significant is definite happening. Who are these people?

tumblr_inline_n6tkftDrAe1qdld5l.jpg

LIN! There you are! You look a lot like this other woman. Could that be the Earth Queen? Looks a little young to me. Lin's sister, maybe?

tumblr_inline_n6tkglLdhn1qdld5l.jpg

This is interesting. To me, this means that the book will have global impacts,.

[spoiler=Spoilers!!!]

Alright, time for the big reveals!

tumblr_inline_n6tkg88oZH1qdld5l.jpg

There's that kid again! Is he bending? Could it be? That almost looks like... AIRBENDING?!?!

tumblr_inline_n6tkgePzYr1qdld5l.jpg

ZUKO! ZUKO! ZUKO!

tumblr_inline_n6tkejTA3I1qdld5l.jpg

Sparky sparky boom...woman?! Definitely want to know what is going on here.

EDIT: Just remembered that Grey DeLisle(the voice of Azula, I believe) said she was voicing a 'bad guy' character. This definitely gives me an Azula vibe. 

tumblr_inline_n6tkdsbbxS1qdld5l.jpg

tumblr_inline_n6tkdmRhjb1qdld5l.jpg

Dragons! Were the repopulated by an unknown population, similar to the sky bisons? Or were they a result of the merge between the physical and spirit world?

tumblr_inline_n6tkd0yEzp1qdld5l.jpg

tumblr_inline_n6tkni7tTv1qdld5l.jpg

Now this looks like what I would expect to be the Earth Queen. She looks like a b****. 

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Try and label your spoilers guys, we don't anyone's experience to be ruined. But please, post any other information you can find. I would LOVE to talk about some of this stuff with you guys. 

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UPDATE:

I believe that I have stumbled across some links to the leaked episodes. I, personally, haven't checked them out yet because I haven't decided whether or not I want the plot of the episodes spoiled. However, if you want to, I will be posting the links.

303: https://mega.co.nz/#!YllFzDoS!UaGRETGuz3EU5DMbbw0tMjb26ai89RJRQKSYUrThAUA

304: https://mega.co.nz/#!Mt8jgRwY!EnA1HlUhzTxWRo39PuExs3znK1Tgi9VnBgvBjGfB46g

305: https://mega.co.nz/#!o81GSYTT!BlTmgANYZLxdmq3kbAvxbFFWsbGsrpU7Oq_wtU1-wgU

306: https://mega.co.nz/#!509lnYDT!8QVIXOWdq7XabB52BBR-7v4O6-FAuyjluITiWJjpggE

These leaks were gleaned from tumblr and take no responsibility for any viruses that may come as a result(although I highly doubt that will be the case)

The links are in Spanish, I think, without subtitles. Unless you can understand them, I wouldn't download them.

A lot of the little spoilers are in the first few seconds of episode 303.

I should have mentioned that, yeah. It was leaked over the Latin American/South America Nick website, so that would make sense. 

Still, it gives us a lot to talk about. I am particularly interested in the woman with the eye on her forehead and the kid that looks like he is airbending. Now, unless Tenzin has another child or Aang fathered another child, this can't be the case. Unless of course there were other airbenders that survived. To me, that kid looks like he has water tribe heritage. 

S2 was kinda terrible for the first half and a few episode after the Avatar Wan's episodes. Hope it'll be better this time around.

I actually enjoyed most of S2, especially the avatar Wan episodes. Aside from the comical portrayal of spirits, I thought those shed some much needed light on the avatar and the avatar cycle. 

So there's a new Airbender?

Way to give the finger to the original series.

We don't know for sure if he is an airbender...unless of course you have watched the leaks and know something that we don't. 

I don't think it is a middle finger. He could be a sand bender, too. I think that they are going to introduce something that explains it. Korra is well thought out show, so something like that wouldn't really be a middle finger. 

^^THIS!!!!!!!!

Another theory that is going around, is that he is a part of those innovative people that migrated to the air temples after the air benders were extinguished and that the air bending is a result of some gizmo. 

Alright guys, first official trailer was released! I might be a little late to the party on that, but here is a link anyways.

http://www.hypable.com/2014/06/11/first-official-trailer-hits-for-the-legend-of-korra-season-3/

[spoiler=After You Watch the Trailer]

I saw A LOT of airbending. Anyone else? I began to think, why is that? The idea that it was fake airbending kinda went out the window when more and more people began to exhibit it. I think that it is something to do with the merging of the physical and spirit world. If there are now more Lion Turtles around, then the idea that more people would be graced with bending ability is not so absurd. 

And did anyone else catch something that looked like Bumi airbending? Latent talent or a part of the theory above?

Anyone, this trailer looked really badass in my opinion and gets me super pumped for book 3!

[/spoiler]

EDIT:

[spoiler=Also for after the trailer...]

Been looking around for some theories and stuff being put out by people. Stumbled across a few things that interested me. 

tumblr_n7111zPSAx1qdff3yo1_500.jpg

This scene was in the trailer.

tumblr_n7111zPSAx1qdff3yo2_500.jpg

This scene from series one

The Krew is headed back to the oasis and looks like they are going to get in some major trouble in which Korra needs rescuing by Asami.

tumblr_n713blKanZ1rmvhgjo5_250.gif

Did you guys notice this girl is a double amputee? I love how Avatar represents people with disabilities.

This women is definitely a bad guy, possibly having something to do with the trouble that goes down at the oasis, possibly in cahoots with combustion woman.

tumblr_n713sfoulw1te9vdao3_500.gif

I am thinking these guys are 'The Metal Clan' we've heard about.

tumblr_n71087xovb1rcv38bo3_500.gif

Something tells me these are the bad guys...

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Post trailer talk.]We get to see Zuko, that's awesome. Also, the waterbender with no arms that I saw earlier today on tumblr, neat.

And if the merging of the worlds did something to heighten bending or something, I guess Tenzin just started teaching a lot of airbending or something. Though there is that one old guy that looked like he was in jail or something doing airbending, so I'm curious to see what that's about.

I haven't looked too much into the trailer, merely seen it once, so I may not know exactly what I'm talking about.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Post trailer talk.]We get to see Zuko, that's awesome. Also, the waterbender with no arms that I saw earlier today on tumblr, neat.

And if the merging of the worlds did something to heighten bending or something, I guess Tenzin just started teaching a lot of airbending or something. Though there is that one old guy that looked like he was in jail or something doing airbending, so I'm curious to see what that's about.

I haven't looked too much into the trailer, merely seen it once, so I may not know exactly what I'm talking about.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Still bursting with excitement because of trailer...]

I am heavy set that it has everything to do with the merging of the worlds. I suppose the only other options would be that there was a group that survived the fire bending extinction. Which, honestly, isn't that hard to believe when you think about it. No one knew about the swamp benders until Aang stumbled across them and it didn't seem like that they were in touch with the outside world. So it is entirely possible that there was a group of nomads separate from the rest. 

Also, who else saw the guy lava bending? All these advance techniques are so interesting and I WANT TO SEE MORE.

Also, just gonna leave this here...

tumblr_n70vmz0NVg1s10p8uo1_500.jpg

I believe that is Korra being chased by a Sand Shark...

[/spoiler]

EDIT:

[spoiler=God damned Dai-Li Agents!]

tumblr_n70wrmeKi41qez005o4_500.gif

They are always stirring shit up!

[/spoiler]

I watched a fan made trailer using the episodes. Yea, they are airbending. This will be explained, but it seems strange.

What gets me is the official trailer not only gives this plot twist away it also has another. Its at .37 seconds in and I DO NOT like it. In universe it make sense, but it just undoes everything they've done with this character imo.

I watched a fan made trailer using the episodes. Yea, they are airbending. This will be explained, but it seems strange.

What gets me is the official trailer not only gives this plot twist away it also has another. Its at .37 seconds in and I DO NOT like it. In universe it make sense, but it just undoes everything they've done with this character imo.

[spoiler=About to just start assuming that everyone has watched the trailer]

So Bumi airbending? While I agree that it is a definite possibility that he is truly airbending, what with everything we've seen, it is also VERY possible that it is merely a red herring. I would hope that they wouldn't undo his character like that, but if they did hopefully the reason behind it is good. At this point we know that they are airbending, there is too much of it going on to argue against that, but with the merging of the two worlds, there is more than likely a good reason for it. 

[/spoiler]

Even with a reason, it still cheapens his character a bit imo. I'm fine with other characters getting it, but for him to feels..............wrong (if you know what I mean).

I totally understand. Giving him that characteristics seems like a backward progression with what they try to accomplish with characters like him, Sokka, Tai Li, Mai, etc. However, for all we know, perhaps the permanent merging of the two worlds allows everyone to bend. I am definitely hypothesizing this, it gives more people the talent to dual bend(lava bending for example)...or maybe that is just for the villain, idk

Okay, so apparently, a release date for Book 3 has been set in September for a South American country(I think it was Brazil), and that would mean it would air in America sometime in July, if the averages between air dates are applied. Of course, nothing has been set or officially announced yet, but it is something to hope for. Everything with a grain of salt though. 

Hopefully, if the trailer is any indication, Asami will get some much needed screen time in this season and Bolin isn't as stupid as he was in last season.

That's exactly what I was thinking. It looks like the entire group is going to get some serious character development.

You would think they would have given us a big more of a warning that the new season was starting so soon.

Yeah, the lack of communication from Nick is frustrating and causing quite a bit of anger amongst the large majority of the Korra fandom. Furthermore, it looks like what you and I were talking about is becoming worryingly more concrete. Still hoping it is a red herring of sorts, but the more and more I see of it the less I think it is a trick. 

Also, in case you guys haven't seen it yet. The second trailer has been released:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1eWFelQzd0

Also, sneak peek of the first episode has officially been released:

http://www.hypable.com/2014/06/20/the-legend-of-korra-season-3-release-date-revealed/

Archived