Spellbound Omens - A 9 Card Spirit-type Archetype

magemeek22

Preface:

Okay, so basically, this set revolves around manipulating a set of three Spell cards, the "Spellbinding" Equip Spells. Now, in short, all of these cards have the following effects:

• This card can only be activated by a "Spellbound Omen" and must be equipped to a "Spellbound Omen" on activation, or the card is destroyed
  • When the monster this card is equipped to leaves the field, the equip target of this card changes to another face-up monster
  • The equipped monster cannot attack
  • The equipped monster cannot be used as a tribute or material for Special Summon
  • The equipped monster is treated as a "Spellbound" monster
  • When this card leaves the field: (do something that provides you utility)

Now, clearly, these Spells can't do anything - literally - on their own. That's where the "Spellbound Omen" Spirit monsters come into play. These cards all do the following:

• Upon Summon, you MUST equip a Spellbinding equip spell from your hand or Graveyard to the monster.
  • Since these are Spirit monsters, they leave the field during the End Phase; thus, the Equip Spell changes its target to an opponent's monster
  • Various effects can be utilized that act on Spellbound monsters and/or Spellbinding Equip Spells.

Also, interestingly enough, the monsters are dedicated to the 7 Gods of Luck of Japanese Myth, thus keeping in tandem with the Shinto theme that all Spirit monsters have. That said, even though these are the gods of luck, they seem neither inviting nor gracious - they are, after all, "Spellbound Omens", the antitheses of luck and portents of peril.

Now, onto the cards!!!

The "Spellbinding Seal" Equip Spells:

xxVH4KC.jpg4YFf9Nw.jpgFQ5XvPv.jpg

[spoiler='Spellbinding Seal of Paralysis LORE']This card cannot be activated except by the effect of a "Spellbound Omen" monster. The monster this card is equipped to is treated as a "Spellbound" monster, also it cannot attack. The equipped monster cannot be Tributed, or used as Material for a Fusion, Synchro, or Xyz Summon. When the monster this card is equipped to leaves the field, change the target of this card to another face-up monster on the field. If you cannot, destroy this card. When this face-up card leaves the field: Add 1 Spirit-type monster from your Deck to your hand.[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Spellbinding Seal of Ascension LORE']This card cannot be activated except by the effect of a "Spellbound Omen" monster. The monster this card is equipped to is treated as a "Spellbound" monster, also it cannot attack. The equipped monster cannot be Tributed, or used as Material for a Fusion, Synchro, or Xyz Summon. When the monster this card is equipped to leaves the field, change the target of this card to another face-up monster on the field. If you cannot, destroy this card. When this face-up card leaves the field: Target 1 monster in your Graveyard; that monster's effects are negated until the next Standby Phase, then Special Summon that monster.[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Spellbinding Seal of Demise']This card cannot be activated except by the effect of a "Spellbound Omen" monster. The monster this card is equipped to is treated as a "Spellbound" monster, also it cannot attack. The equipped monster cannot be Tributed, or used as Material for a Fusion, Synchro, or Xyz Summon. When the monster this card is equipped to leaves the field, change the target of this card to another face-up monster on the field. If you cannot, destroy this card. When this face-up card leaves the field: Add 1 "Spellbinding" Equip Spell from your Deck to your hand.[/spoiler]

The "Spellbound Omen" Spirit Monsters:

NOlgIO0.jpgL1U8mQa.jpg

VlzRq6G.jpgsTrsZdK.jpg

gEEOynT.jpg

[spoiler='Spellbound Omen, Bishamonten LORE']Cannot be Special Summoned. During the End Phase of the turn this card is Normal Summoned or flipped face-up: Return it to the hand. When this card is Summoned: Activate 1 "Spellbinding" Spell card from your hand or Graveyard. If you cannot, destroy this card. Once per turn: You can target 1 face-up "Spellbinding" card and 1 other card on the field: destroy those targets.[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Spellbound Omen, Benzaiten LORE']Cannot be Special Summoned. During the End Phase of the turn this card is Normal Summoned or flipped face-up: Return it to the hand. When this card is Summoned: Activate 1 "Spellbinding" Spell card from your hand or Graveyard. If you cannot, destroy this card. Once per turn: You can target 1 "Spellbound" monster on the field: take control of that target.[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Spellbound Omen, Fukurokuju LORE']Cannot be Special Summoned. Cannot be Normal Summoned except by revealing another "Spellbound Omen" monster in your hand. During the End Phase of the turn this card is Normal Summoned or flipped face-up: Return it to the hand. When this card is Summoned: Activate 1 "Spellbinding" Spell card from your hand or Graveyard. If you cannot, destroy this card. Once per turn: You can change the target of a face-up "Spellbinding" Equip Spell you control.[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Spellbound Omen, Hotei LORE']Cannot be Special Summoned. During the End Phase of the turn this card is Normal Summoned or flipped face-up: Return it to the hand. When this card is Summoned: Activate 1 "Spellbinding" Spell card from your hand or Graveyard. If you cannot, destroy this card. Once per turn: You can target 1 "Spellbound" monster on the field; its effects are negated until the next Standby Phase.[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Spellbound Omen, Ebisu LORE']Cannot be Special Summoned. During the End Phase of the turn this card is Normal Summoned or flipped face-up: Return it to the hand. When this card is Summoned: Activate 1 "Spellbinding" Spell card from your hand or Graveyard. If you cannot, destroy this card. Once per turn: You can send 1 "Spellbound" monster on the field to the Graveyard; you can Normal Summon 1 additional time this turn. This effect of "Spellbound Omen, Ebisu" can only be used once per turn.[/spoiler]

The Field Spell, for Utility and Support:

HY7M64Q.jpg

[spoiler='Spellbound Shrine LORE']Once per turn, during your Standby Phase: You can add 1 "Spellbinding" or "Spellbound" card from your Deck to your hand, then discard 2 cards.[/spoiler]

I like this concept.I like it a lot.

It's funny, though- I have been working on my "Spellbound" monster set for a while now, then I see this.

Naturally, I'm requesting a card text change from "Spellbound" to "equipped with a Spellbinding Equip Card", in the cases of Benzaiten and Hotei. Also, unless you want your Spellbound Shrine to be a lot more powerful than it already is, perhaps change its target from ["Spellbound" cards] to ["Spellbound Omen" cards].

Unless, of course, you want our card sets combined . . .

(Link for my set: http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/318479-spellbound-mellaxis-set/)

Well, I think Shrine is fine as is - after all, you get a choice of card to add to your hand, but then you have to discard 2 cards. Hotei will remain as is, because it has synergy with the beatstick spirit (Fukurokuju). Also, the use of "Spellbound" is mostly for flavor. Eventually, if I were to add cards, there would be effects that could target any Spellbound monster - meaning either my own or my opponent's.

Also, you can change your cards XD, I got Spellbound first :)

Damn.

Well, alright. You may find, however, that putting "Spellbound" cards into your hand will get you far more than you bargained for, if our cards are worked together . . .

Nah, I'll keep the name. I have yet to put the finishing details on the story that comes with them, so it isn't posted yet, but if you'd like I could throw you a link when it's uploaded.

Archived