Excuse Me, But I'm Not an Artist

Draconus297

Question

Hey, everybody, I'm kinda new here, so bear with me if there's some variety of regulation regarding topics like these, but there's something I'd like to get done.

I'd like to ask if anyone could help me out by providing card art for my new custom card set, which revolves around a story I may or may not tell here on these forums (or to the Internet in general) unless the cards are completed. I have the set just about completed, but looking at artless cards is really, REALLY bothering me. The cards are as follows:

Chaos Entity-

I'm looking for a massive, monstrous, nearly Lovecraftian level of obvious evil. All-black body, with glowing red eyes and gold teeth. A glowing blue symbol on its chest (which I plan on uploading to DeviantART later- If I make a post that's nothing but a link, now you know why).

Chaos Sorceress Cassandra-

First off, the classic "Magician" armor, that's on the female Spellcasters- Dark Magician Girl, Magician's Valkyria, Gagaga Girl, etc- but in gold, with black trim. Waist-length red hair. Wielding a mage's staff with a spearhead and glowing red gem at the tip in her left hand. Placement of right hand irrelevant. Preferably with an arrogant smirk on her face. Symbol from "Chaos Entity"'s chest in background.

Chaos Dragon Lernaeus-

I keep trying to think of something different, but I keep coming back to a design that's basically Blue-Eyes, but spikier- and, as you could probably predict by this point, gold. Wing membrane in red. Black eyes. "Chaos Entity"'s symbol in background.

Chaos Hunter Orion-

This design is basically mostly up to the artist, provided they keep to the color scheme- gold, black, and red. Uses a crossbow, dual boardingaxes, and a short sword, but they need not all be pictured. Keep the symbol in the background.

Chaos Messenger Salmacis-

A small child- gender irrelevant. Loose, gold robes. Black hair, red eyes. Carries a massive banner with the symbol on it. Symbol in the background.

Chaos Cannon-

I'm thinking along the lines of a massive cannon, with the symbol on it, possibly being operated by Cassandra or Orion, but if there is any other idea you have, you can post it in the comments below.

Rampant Chaos-

A massive, destructive blast of energy, with various things either in a state of destruction or attempting to flee. Artist is permitted to place art of their own least favorite monsters being caught up in said destructive energy.

Studious Sorceror Mellaxis-

A small, glasses-wearing, staff-wielding, robe-wearing boy. Expression should be uncertain, perhaps to point of faltering.

Learned Sorceror Mellaxis-

The same boy, slightly older. Far more confident. Accompanied by a glowing orb.

Ultimate Sorceror Mellaxis-

The same boy, now grown into a man. Expression should be one of rage ad pain, perhaps to point of self-pity. Accompanied by three glowing orbs, instead of just one.

God-King Mellaxis-

A vicious-looking silhouette, holding the same staff. Glasses may be on the ground- damage to said glasses optional. Now accompanied by six glowing orbs.

Binding Moment-

"Studious Sorceror Mellaxis" (see above) in some kind of major peril, a large shadow hanging over him. Obvious fear on his face. Staff may be on hand, or knocked away- up to artist.

Mage's Decision-

"Learned Sorceror Mellaxis" (see above) in deep thought, large weapon on the floor at his feet.

Ascension of Mellaxis-

"Ultimate Sorceror Mellaxis" (see above), back partially to the viewer, attacking an unseen victim, malicious fury on his face.

Spellbound Magic Student-

A young woman (late teens, perhaps into her twenties), in robes, surrounded my large, arcane books. A quill in her hand, and an air of study.

Spellbound Swordswoman-

A female knight, wielding an absurdly large sword. Posed as if to attack the viewer.

Spellbound Dracena-

A scaly, winged humanoid, obviously angered with the viewer. Massive air of viciousness and desire to kill.

Spellbound Vampiress-

A young woman, a wineglass in hand. Apparently irked, but complying willingly.

Spellbound Reaper-

A faceless Grim Reaper figure, mounted on horseback. Empty hood facing the viewer.

Spellbound Archangel-

A winged, angelic figure, wielding a golden bow. Bow is aimed just to the side of the viewer.

Spellbound Ifrit-

A horned figure with an expression of malevolent glee. Fire flows openly from the figure's hands.

Spellbound Snow Woman-

A female figure, standing on a relatively barren tundra. Scared expression, obviously directed at the viewer. A blizzard is forming around her.

Spellbound Deepsea Terror-

Massive, snakelike beast, rising from a stormy sea. Only barely visible, but its face- displaying a mouth full of more teeth than could be reasonably counted- is lit up, possibly by a lightning strike.

Spellbound Great White-

A large shark, covered in scars. There appear to be weapons and treasures embedded in its back.

Spellbound Gorgon-

A humanoid female with a large, serpentlike tail extending where legs should be. Medusa-like, with many small snakes for hair. Eyes are glowing white, and staring widely at the viewer.

Spellbound Beast King-

A large animal, indeterminate in its nature (i.e. displaying some feline and some canine traits). Utterly massive, perhaps chasing an elephant half its size. Pelt is decorated with deep black stripes.

Spellbound Aerial-

A large, intelligent-looking hawk, with its wings fully extended. May be drawn in flight- this is artist's preference.

Spellbound Jungle Child-

A wild, Tarzan-esque figure, with a spear in each hand. Wary of the viewer.

Spellbound Android-

An obviously-mechanical humanoid, with a reddish glow about its chest. Eyes glow blue.

Spellbound Pterrano-

A bizarre fusion of a Pterodactyl and a Tyrannosaur. Highly aggressive-looking.

Spellbound Swarm Queen-

A large, spiderlike creature, with long wings, rather like a dragonfly's. Back is to the viewer.

Spellbound Thorn Maiden-

A feminine humanoid, with long thorn-covered vines concealing most of her body. Has a blank expression, as if unsure of the viewer's intention.

Spellbound Cloud Servant-

A large being, almost godly in appearance, surrounded by wind currents and lightning bolts. Electric blue eyes trained on the viewer, in an expression basically saying "don't you dare".

Spellbound Golem-

A titanic being made of boulders, and apparently using large oak trees for throwing knives. Vaguely humanoid, but no face.

Invocation of Contract-

Seven figures standing in the distance, of indeterminate identity.

I feel as if I need a few more Spells and Traps, but that's my only complaint about my set thus far. Again, if there's any additional information you may need or anything you feel I need to know, please feel free to comment below, and perhaps PM me (is that an option on this site?).

2 answers to this question

[url=http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/304872-a-guide-to-making-cards-card-art-sources/]This thread[/url] has a section in it with plenty of links to places where you can find the art for your cards. While there's a large selection to choose from, don't expect to find everything you need, especially for that Mellaxis line you have going on.

This thread has a section in it with plenty of links to places where you can find the art for your cards. While there's a large selection to choose from, don't expect to find everything you need, especially for that Mellaxis line you have going on.

Thanks, YCMoron! I'll check those links out when I get the chance!

Yeah, I knew that I'd need one specific artist to create the Mellaxis cards. Simply put, Mellaxis is the story's protagonist, the Spellbound monsters are various people and things he's coerced or forced to help him, and the Chaos set are the main villains- although, ironically, you can run them together for a vicious (perhaps overpowered, if used in conjunction with specific support cards) combination deck. 

If you'd like, I could explain what each of these cards does.

Archived