[Predictive Discussion] Pendulum Tuners?

What if cards with that [Type / color / subtype] line get actually made? I had to make this post immediately when the idea popped into my head, since the two card types aren't mutually exclusive. (It is technically possible for a card to be both.)

Example from an Archetype I made:

uHEQyvl.jpg

I honestly can't see this as the kind of thing that won't happen at LEAST once, considering the LC5: 5Ds coming up, as well as how well Pendulums work to support Synchros.

If this combination of card types were to be made and printed, how would the game be effected?

How would such a thing be balanced?

Discuss?

Given that Pendulums go to the Extra Deck instead of going to the graveyard, you essentially could use a Pendulum Tuner with Pendulum non-Tuners, all from the Extra Deck, to summon a Synchro Monster from your Extra Deck every turn for no cost (other then the use of the pendulum summon, of course).
Each Pendulum Tuner would either have to be very restrictive in what they summon and/or banish themselves rather than going to the graveyard or Extra Deck after being used for a synchro summon.

The idea crossed my mind before, and considering how Pendulums are good at having different Levels among them, Synchros are pretty much guaranteed to have variety as well.

I don't think it's necessarily too broken depending on where Pendulums go next as a mechanic.

The idea that you need 2 good Pendulum Scales as first investment, and that the Synchro Materials are gonna consume advantage the first time they are used, I don't personally see the concept as something broken.

If anything, I can see it as an opportunity to have Tuners that don't need to focus on helping Special Summon for their Synchronizing, and can focus on more tactical choices, maybe ones that would warrant thinking about leaving them face-up . 

At the same time, the idea is very easy to break.

• 10 months later...

Archived