A new archetype debuting in Next Challengers, packed with Pendulum Monsters

http://i.imgur.com/XzFF5tj.jpg

Qliphoth Tool
Level 5 EARTH Machine-Type Pendulum Normal Monster
ATK 1000
DEF 2800
Scale 9-9
Pendulum Effect:
(1) You can only Special Summon “Qliphoth” monsters. This effect cannot be negated.
(2) Once per turn: You can pay 800 Life Points; Add 1 “Qliphoth” card from your Deck to your hand, except “Qliphoth Tool”.
Flavor Text:
System initializing Replica Mode…
Error. Cannot run C:\sophia\sefiroth.exe
Attempting to run Program from unidentified source
Run C:\tierra\qliphoth.exe? <Y/N>…[Y]
System initializing Automated Mode.

kDyO20K.jpg

Qliphoth Genome
Level 6 EARTH Machine-Type Pendulum Effect Monster
ATK 2400
DEF 1000
Scale 9-9
Pendulum Effect:
(1) You can only Special Summon “Qliphoth” monsters. This effect cannot be negated.
(2) Monsters your opponent control lose 300 ATK.
Monster Effects:
(1) You can Normal Summon this card without a Tribute.
(2) If this card is Special Summoned or Normal Summoned without a tribute, its Level becomes 4 and its Original ATK becomes 1800.
(3) If this card was Normal Summoned, this card is not affected by effects activated by monsters whose Original Level or Rank is lower than the Level of this card.
(4) If this card is Tributed: You can target 1 Spell or Trap Card on the field; Destroy it.

http://i.imgur.com/I7P8zIA.jpg

Qliphoth Shell
Level 8 EARTH Machine-Type Pendulum Effect Monster
ATK 2800
DEF 1000
Scale 9-9
Pendulum Effect:
(2) Monsters your opponent controls lose 300 ATK.
Monster Effect:
(2) If this card is Special Summoned or Normal Summoned without a tribute, its Level becomes 4 and its Original ATK becomes 1800.
(3) If this card was Normal Summoned, this card is not affected by effects activated by monsters whose Original Level or Rank is lower than the Level of this card.
(4) If this card is Tribute Summoned Tributing a “Qliphoth” monster(s), this card can attack twice during each Battle Phase, and if it attacks a monster in Defense Position, inflict piercing Battle Damage to your opponent.

http://i.imgur.com/pxWLxFR.jpg

Qliphoth Archive
Level 6 EARTH Machine-Type Pendulum Effect Monster
ATK 2400
DEF 1000
Scale 1-1
Pendulum Effect:
(2) “Qliphoth” monsters you control gain 300 ATK.
Monster Effect:
(4) If this card is tributed: You can target 1 monster on the field; Destroy it.

http://i.imgur.com/KUVP6Mp.jpg

Qliphoth Disk
Level 7 EARTH Machine-Type Pendulum Effect Monster
ATK 2800
DEF 1000
Scale 1-1
Pendulum Effect:
(2) “Qliphoth” monsters you control gain 300 ATK.
Monster Effect:
(2) If this card is Special Summoned or Normal Summoned without a Tribute, its Level becomes 4 and its original ATK becomes 1800.
(4) If this card is Tribute Summoned using a “Qliphoth” monster(s): You can Special Summon 2 “Qliphoth” monsters from your Deck, but they are destroyed during the End Phase.

Discuss.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking up Tierra programming, their theme is pretty hilarious. Programs in a Tierra system compete with each other for CPU power and memory space, which is why they're all Pendulums, as all of them compete for the Pendulum Zone. Plus, by being NSed without tribute they sacrifice processing power as they compete, hence becoming weaker. Tierra programs can also gain co-dependence with other programs, so that's why they get their effects off when tributed for another Qliphoth. All in all, a clever little theme.

And it was said once, but I'll say it also: Tool is amaze.

Also, if these guys relate to Sophia and run on programming, this may mean that the DT universe is all one big computer program, hence why Sophia can so easily re-format the world.

Hey guys guys

remember those Monarch Supports that requires you to have no Extra Deck?

Remember Return of the Monarch and how these guys have 2400/1000 or 2800/1000?

Remember the good Monarch supports, like Storm Forth and Escalation?

Remember the Pendulum Salvage?

Noticed that the longer Tool is face-up on the field, you'll get a pseudo Treeborn?

Remember that Pendulum Summon laughs at Midrash?

Yeah.

They're gonna be good.

Return and the no-extra monarch support kind of conflicts at them being Pendulums, but they're still neat options.

These... Honestly look quite good. Like, the idea behind these is using Pendulum Summons to make Tribute Fodder, and then hilarity ensues from that-

Hey guys, Tool has Summoner's Art going for it.

remember those Monarch Supports that requires you to have no Extra Deck?

But if any of these are destroyed, however, they go the Extra Deck O,o

Has anyone else noticed how they have the Pendulum Scales on their bodies?

Also, I like the theme. Executable computer programs on a macro scale.

Some other Pendulum monsters so far seem to have some red/blue orbs or scales on them somewhere: odd eyes has the orbs on his body, these do, and one of the DD cards. Hmm

I like the idea behind these a lot, flavor and play wise.

I especially am intrigued by their implied connection to Sophia.

Excited to test these out, and yeah, it does appear they are practically begging to use monarch support.

(Note: I'm on mobile right now. As far as I know, computer still won't let me post)

Aside from whimsical, anyone have any idea what these are supposed to be based on?
Appearance wise, I mean.

These: Shell, Genome, Disk, Archive. Tool is most probably based on general computer utilities.

Appearance wise: Shell resembles an actual shell; Genome resembles a DNA or something like that; Disk resembles a disc. Archive is a mother ship? Tool is a tool-like/small ship?

Both 'If this card is Tributed:' monsters are level 6, and might find a use in gishki (for slow gishkis, perhaps).

Wiki says that Archive's last effect return target to hand. Which one is right?

I like the idea of Pendulum Summoning the Level 6s, Tributing both for a Level 8, then either Summoning 2 more via Disk or attacking twice by using Shell.

The sad thing is I can see people cutting the Level 8s just to use the Level 6s as better Hieratics with  added Pendulum. Even though they're immune to ARK, Big Eye, Castel, Hands, Steel Scorpion, Brionac, Moralltach...

That Level 5 Vanilla though... we need more of whatever that is. Searchable by Odd-Eyes & Summoner's Art, then acts as a once per turn Stratos, meaning it's a 1 card 1-9 Pendulum Scale.

Definitely trying them out on YGOPro when they are up.

I like the idea of Pendulum Summoning the Level 6s, Tributing both for a Level 8, then either Summoning 2 more via Disk or attacking twice by using Shell.

The sad thing is I can see people cutting the Level 8s just to use the Level 6s as better Hieratics with  added Pendulum. Even though they're immune to ARK, Big Eye, Castel, Hands, Steel Scorpion, Brionac, Moralltach...

That Level 5 Vanilla though... we need more of whatever that is. Searchable by Odd-Eyes & Summoner's Art, then acts as a once per turn Stratos, meaning it's a 1 card 1-9 Pendulum Scale.

Definitely trying them out on YGOPro when they are up.

I'd not run Shell, but Disk if fine by me, specially because it helps gathering fodder for its own Tribute Summon (if you run extra copies of it).

Archived