Photo

Halloween Archetype [Redux]

- - - - -

Necrobump!

Guest, the last post on this topic is over 30 days old and a new post will be considered as necrobumping!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Kingdom Xathers

Kingdom Xathers

Sharing the computer with Asgore again this year!

• Elite Members
  • 4,566 posts
    Last Visit Today, 09:22 AM

The primary gimmick of this Archetype is to cause your opponent to draw cards, while having various other effects that take advantage of your opponent's hand size or otherwise disrupt their options.

Main Deck Monsters
Spell and Trap Cards
Extra Deck Monsters

Kingdom Xathers

Kingdom Xathers

• Topic Starter
  • Elite Members
  • 4,566 posts
Bump

Kingdom Xathers

Kingdom Xathers

• Topic Starter
  • Elite Members
  • 4,566 posts
Bump

Kingdom Xathers

Kingdom Xathers

• Topic Starter
  • Elite Members
  • 4,566 posts

Bumping this because Halloween's this month

bloorocksDotD

bloorocksDotD

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts
    Last Visit Sep 16 2018 02:44 PM

This is actually a really cool idea. Can't be bothered to tell you if you have any grammar mistakes because there's too many cards to read, but from the first few that  saw I get the impression that this archetype would be fun to play.

Kingdom Xathers

Kingdom Xathers

• Topic Starter
  • Elite Members
  • 4,566 posts

Bumping again

thegreatmightypoo

thegreatmightypoo

idunno lol

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts
    Last Visit Dec 15 2014 03:05 PM

Well damn, if nobody else is going to give proper feedback to this, I will.

First off, I really like the idea of this archetype. Making your opponent draw cards and having effects based on that is something I haven't seen before. It's also cool that it isn't a mill deck like I thought it was going to be. One thing I noticed pretty much immediately though was that there were a lot of cards in this set. 35 if I counted right. That's way too many for an archetype. Nobody is ever going to use all of those cards in a deck, and personally, I value efficiency rather than putting out as many ideas as possible. I think that anything more than 20-25 is pushing it. One thing you should decide is whether you want this deck to be based on summoning synchro monsters, or power cards like Reaper Orc. Also do you want it to be based around Halloween counters or simply the effects of your opponenet drawing cards outside their draw phase. Overall it seems like it has a general theme, but the overall win condition and goal is pretty muddled. Create a clearer win condition goal for this deck and reduce the amount of cards in it by about half.

Some other things:

You have 4 continuous spell cards and trap cards, and an equip card. That's going to really take up your back row. Might want to get rid of some of those.

Halloween Pumpkin Sprite should probably just be level 1, having it level 2 with an effect seems pretty pointless in this case.

On Halloween Nekogal, it says to place to card face-up in your opponents deck, yet the effect activates when you draw it face-up in your deck. I would think it's just a typo, but you do it twice. Clarification on that?

I'm not really sure what the point of Halloween Haunting's effect being used once per duel is when it's supposed to go back into your deck. It seems like it would just be dead weight after that. And really it's effect isn't that overpowered anyway. Maybe you're thinking it could just be used to be special summoned by other card effects? The restriction still doesn't really seem necessary to me.

Halloween Manor overall seems pretty OP. Not only can you normal summon Masquerade, Duke, and FranKanine really easily, but they gain ATK and DEF too. On top of that, even if you don't have them in your hand, you can put them in your hand with the effect. Get rid of one of those effects.

I would make Synchro Ressurection just from your side of the field or just the graveyard, because otherwise it'll make ressurcting your really powerful synchro monsters way too easy.

Decrease the amount of counters needed to fully activate Tote Bag's effect. By the time 7 counters are on that card, the equipped card won't be there anymore and it'll have been wasted.

I just wanted to say Tricky Treats is a really cool card.

Make Allure of Halloween have more stars, because considering the deck, that card is really powerful.

Halloween Tyrant is pretty much the most broken card ever. Unless that wasn't a typo and you have to destroy exactly the amount of cards on the field equal to the number of cards in your opponents hand. In which case, it's pretty damn awful. I think a good balance is to have it destroy the amount of cards on the field equal to the number of cards on the field, but you can't destroy Halloween Tyrant. That way it basically keeps obliterating cards, including your own, making it powerful, but not insanely broken or useless.

Super minor things that you don't really need to change but would be cool anyway:

Get a better picture for Mystic Pumpkin, that seems really out of place. Same with Summoner's Chant, except the picture is still pretty good, just that the real pepople is weird with all of the drawn stuff.

I think Tisha should be 6 stars, simply because it's weird seeing a 5 star monster with 2200 atk and 2400 def with a pretty good effect.

Personally, I think Pumpkin Emperor is an awful card. A 7 star synchro monster with an only ok attack stat, an awful defense stat, and really situational effect that don't necessarily hinder your opponent really that much. I think there really isn't anything necessariy that wrong with the card, other than I personally think it's underpowered in most situations. Either limit your opponent to only 1 special summon, make it 6 stars, or make it only drawing 2 or 3 cards outside of their draw phase.

In summary, this archetype seems like a collection of effects rather than effects that work together to achieve a goal. Individually, the effects are cool, but I would focus the deck more, and really slim it down to like, 15-20 cards.

I'm really sorry nobody took the time to give feedback, it's obvious you put hard work into this and you deserve attention equal to the amount of work you put into it. Looking forward to seeing what you do with this.

I haven't posted in 4 years lel

Rate Mario archetype pls

Tethius

Tethius

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
    Last Visit Oct 27 2014 09:20 PM

This archetype is very versatile. It has everything from deck destruction to archetype summoners and more. The idea to have their effects be based off of the cards in your opponent's hands make it extremely balanced. Overall, it's a great idea. 8.5/10

_cc__tethius_by_tethiuscc-d83zucr.jpg

"A person is born with feelings of envy and hate. If he gives way to them, they will lead him to violence and crime, and any sense of loyalty and good faith will be abandoned." ~Xun Zi

Look for me on DeviantArt!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users