A dislike button to go with the "Like This" button

There are things that are unlikeable about the forum, and many things that make me want to punch Marik's face. To talk about it on the lighter side of things, it might also be a gentler way to let someone down. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go punch Marik. Not for any particular reason. Just cause I feel like it

Well excuse me for not knowing how to measure that, do I take ruler and measure MY SCREEN!?!?

That's exactly what you have to do, man.

OT: We used to have negative reps back in 2011 but they were removed when the forum got a facelift. I don't mind they being back although I doubt anyone will bother with that.

As already stated, we used to have neg reps back in the older days of YCM, but you can already tell they are gone. 

I was on hiatus when this happened though, so I do not know why they were removed to begin with. 

Given recent things though [before your time], there are some members who are unable to take CnC/criticism to their comments and will simply abuse the neg rep feature to get back at whatever member. Unlike the MyBB days (prior to August 2010), negs cannot be removed. So in this instance, no support.

As for your signature, it is rather large. Yin wrote an announcement in regards to this matter; keep the sig size small so it doesn't jam up loading time on our computers and/or force members to scroll down just to see another post below it. If you have to use spoiler tags, then do so. 

Thank god Sakura saved the topic. I was about to lock this for spam.

We did have a negative rep button, but it was lost when we updated. I don't see the need for one back again personally.  Yami Bakura's signature was corrected by themselves this morning.

Sakura said all. I don't support.

Mods can remove negs, I remember when I made a status asking for negs and Pika gave me -300 or something.

The only use I see to bring it back is if someone posts a piece of "advice" or "theory" so horrible no one needs to reply to it. But then you can just ignore it. There are people I would love to neg into the ground but tbh we don't need that feature.

Mods can remove negs, I remember when I made a status asking for negs and Pika gave me -300 or something.

The only use I see to bring it back is if someone posts a piece of "advice" or "theory" so horrible no one needs to reply to it. But then you can just ignore it. There are people I would love to neg into the ground but tbh we don't need that feature.

I'd neg this soo hard.

They were just removed by default when the board was updated. They could theoretically be restored, but overall the general consensus is that neg reps in any form is more trouble than it's worth.

People tend to argue that "neg reps will help people improve". No, it doesn't. People tended to give out negs for petty reasons varying from mild disagreements, or criticism of any form. Even with a limit on neg reps the same way there's a limit for likes wouldn't be enough. It would be so easy to abuse by having your friends or secret other accounts give out neg reps, or give negs for days on end to a member you dislike.

While likes/negs never really had much meaning or value, it varies from person to person, and the potential for abuse is just too great. Bringing in a system specifically to express negativity is rarely, if ever, beneficial to anyone.

Archived