[Finished]Your YCM name Contest

Requirement: Make a realistic card that contains your YCM display name as its name. Ex. Rrrtttyyyuuuiii, The Devourer of all people who don't join this contest. (but not that long)

Deadline: July 12

Fee: (Your number of stars)2 Max fee required is 25 points.
Pool donations are accepted.

Pot: 2004

Thank you Harpie's feather Duston(120) Aqua(250), Amaterasu(557) and Ain(555) for the big Donations!

Contestants: (if you have a plus after your name it means that you have paid and submitted, if you don't have anything after your name it means that you paid the points but did not submit your card yet, if you have a minus it means that you did not pay yet)
1. Gadjiltron+
2. Electric Wizard+
3. Trap Kirito+
4. Aqua+
5. Giga+
6. Outlaw1994+

7. Toyo(star goes here) +
8. UnendingEmpire+
9. .Buddha+
10. .Aix+
11. J-Max+
12. Little Dragon 64- DISQUALIFIED
13. Mayuki+
14. TEM 23+
15. CrowCardMaster+
16. Philemon+
17. Coolspy74+
18. Saber+
19. Feartheghost+
20. BurningDemon+
21. Harpie's Feather Duston+
22. Josholche+
23. TPagSwaqq+

24. Lord_of_Pie+
25. Amaterasu+

26. Qliphoth Tool+
27. Dramatic Crossroad+
28. UCD+
29. DarthPhoenix99+
30. A_Kuzuyu+
31. Krakenfour+
Judges: Not Accepting any more
1. Rrrtttyyyuuuiii
Rubric:
Creativity: /15
Picture, Name, and Overall Appeal: /10
OCG: /25
Followed Contest Rules: /10
Balance: /40
Total: /100

2. Sakura Haruno
Balance: /15 - Is card broken/abusable by existing stuff?
Creativity: /15 - Did you make something that we already saw or something rarely used or new?
OCG/Spelling: /15 - Are you using proper OCG [PSCT] and correct grammar usage as per the standard rules of English.
Theme: /5 - Did you follow the directions and are using Types/stats/Attributes that exist in the actual card game
Total: /50 (will be multliplied by 2)
3. Ain
Creativity /25
Balance /35
Usability /30
Appeal/10
Prize:
1st. Place: 40%
2nd Place: 30%
3rd Place: 20%
4th Place (if 10 or more contestants): 10%

Since so many contestants adding 5th place.
5th Place: 2 reps

If you don't want to join, please leave a reply about why you don't want to so that my next contest can be better. Thanks! :)

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Electric Wizard, Aqua, Giga. They aren't actually names (of a person). xD

I'm pretty sure Gadj will make an ancient gear monster, but who knows.

Anyway, I wish I could judge, but I'm not sure if I'm back in July 1st. So I guess I'll say something if I'm back before that time, and if there's an empty position left.

i will join sent 40 points for entry and pool donation also heres my card
[spoiler=Card]JYIDvfd.jpg[/spoiler][spoiler=Lore]Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. You can Special Summon this card(From your Hand) by Banishing a Normal Dragon-type monster from your Graveyard. You can only Control 1 Face-up "Outlaw1994 the Red-eyes Lord". This Card is also always treated as a Dragon-Type. You can Special Summon 1 "Red-eyes" monster from your Deck or Hand. This card cannot attack the turn you activate this effect. During either player's turn: You can tribute this card and halve your life points; Destroy all Cards on the Field and if you do both player's draw 2 card's then Special Summon 1 monster from their Hand in Face-up Defense Position. You must control a Face-up Normal Dragon-type monster to activate this effect. You can only use 1 "Outlaw1994 the Red-eyes Lord" effect once per turn.[/spoiler]

Points sent. Card was hard to make without being completely OP, considering the story behind my name. But oh, well, here you are.

[spoiler=Degritone, Warrior of Imagination]iRC7e22.jpg

[spoiler=Lore]You can Special Summon this card (from your Graveyard) by tributing 2 monsters with 2000 or more ATK, and if you do, gain 500 life points. This card cannot be targeted or destroyed by the effects of Spell/Trap Cards. You can banish the top card of your Deck to target 1 monster on the field with less ATK than this card; destroy that target, and if you do, increase this card's ATK by 300. When this card is destroyed: Gain life points equal to the difference between this card's ATK on the field and its ATK in the Graveyard. During your Standby Phase, if this card is in the Graveyard: You can add 1 of your banished cards to your hand. You can only activate each effect of "Degritone, Warrior of Imagination" once per turn.[/spoiler][/spoiler]

There were so many more things I wanted to add because I was basing the card off my OC, Degritone, rather than me, but then it would have been about 100 lines. It was really hard deciding what to keep out of those effects.

I decided to keep the basic outline of the above, but then there were about five different ways I could have gone about each individual effect. He was going to originally be based around tokens since he can create, basically, Shadow Clones and have those tokens be what you tribute for his SS. Then started to go down the path of Spell/Trap manipulation, then Graveyard manipulation. Everything seemed about as OP as he actually is in-universe, but I didn't want to create an actual OP card, so I settled on this powerful, but not OP (at least compared to every other option I had), effect of destruction and LP gain.

I really wanted to add

"If this card is attached to an Xyz Monster: It gains the following effect.

-Destroy this card and Special Summon its Xyz Materials to your opponent's side of the field."

as an anti 101 effect, but again, not enough space.

sounds nice i'm in xD

very hard to find an image to fit my name, i had to create on myself
enjoy :D

buddhacontest.jpg

Lore: This Card cannot be Normal Summoned, Set or Special Summoned, exept by banishing 6 Light Attribue monster from your Graveyard. Once per Turn you can banish 1 Light Attribute monster you control to Special Summon 1 banished Light Attribute monster in Face-Up Defence Position. In this Turn you cannot Normal Summon a monster. 

Horrid at singles, so I made something for an old archetype.

No547kt.jpg

1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner Machine-Type monsters
When this card is Synchro Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 "Karakuri" monster from your Deck. When the battle position of a face-up "Karakuri" monster you control is changed (and remains face-up): destroy target card on the field.

in retrospect, I feel like I did this wrong, as I am certainly not a robot, but oh well. Guess I just have one of those names.

As Fairy and Spellcaster types are my favorite, it was only fitting to support one of them ^^

edx4Rab.jpg

2 or more Level 4 Fairy-Type monsters.
Once per turn you can detach 1 Xyz material  from this card to Special Summon 1 Fairy-Type monster from your Deck with a ATK equal to or less then the detached monster. The Special Summoned monsters, effect is negated and cannot attack on the turn it was Special Summoned.  If this card would be removed from the field, you can detach 1 Xyz material from this card instead. Increase your opponent's Life Points by an amount equal to the ATK of the detached Xyz material and end the Battle Phase. If this face-up card has no Xyz materials, destroy it.

[URL=http://s43.photobucket.com/user/frag_blast/media/Custom%20Cards/gadtron.jpg.html]gadtron.jpg[/URL]

[spoiler Lore]During the turn this card was Normal Summoned, you can Normal Summon 1 "Gadget" or "Gadjiltron" monster in addition to your Normal Summon/Set. (You can only gain this effect once per turn.) Once per turn: You can reveal 1 EARTH "Gadget" monster in your hand; this card's name becomes the revealed card's name until the End Phase.[/spoiler]

Being named after a sub-archetype is suffering.

What, you were expecting my usual design stage exposition? Too bad, you get a mere one-liner.

Archived