Horrendous Archetype - Let the fires of hell consume you wholly

Delibirb

OK, so its a miracle I was even able to write this post with the stupid issues YCM and I have been having. Still, this is the Horrendous Archetype. It's fairly small, I wanted to leave room for the person who uses them to add their own support that they feel necessary, as this will be the archetype I'm entering in Aix's deck swap tournament.

These cards are a bit interesting in the way they play themselves. They focus on revealing cards from the top of your deck to set off effects (But not in the same way Sylvans do, these were under development before Sylvans were revealed), as well as paying and gaining back Life Points in varying degrees. Several of them start off fairly weak, but thanks the the Talisman and the protection gained from working together, they can be a dangerous foe.

[spoiler='Horrendous Talisman of the Kyoor']yXJbslP.jpg

You cannot Normal or Xyz Summon. If your opponent activates a Field Spell: you can send 1 "Horrendous" monster from your hand and Deck; negate that activation, and if you do, destroy it. When your Deck is shuffled: gain 600 Life Points. Once per turn: you can reveal the top 5 cards of your Deck; all "Horrendous" monsters you control gain 300 ATK for each monster card(s) revealed, then you Deck is shuffled. When this card is removed from the field by an opponent's card or effect: send all "Horrendous" monsters from your hand and Deck to the Graveyard.[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Horrendous Kaageckn']JhTmB3J.jpg
This card's Normal Summon is treated as a Special Summon. (Only 1 "Horrendous" monster can be Summoned this way per turn.) When this card is Summoned: reveal the top 2 cards of your Deck; shuffle your Deck. If this card destroys a monster by battle: shuffle 1 other "Horrendous" card you control into your Deck, and if you do, this card gains 300 ATK.[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Horrendous Keeuof']QMbfh2h.jpg
This card's Normal Summon is treated as a Special Summon (Only 1 "Horrendous" monster can be Summoned this way per turn.). If a "Horrendous" card(s) is revealed from the top of your Deck: you can pay 300 Life Points for each of those cards; add them to your hand.[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Horrendous Kooretr']xQzkYFZ.jpg
This card's Normal Summon is treated as a Special Summon (Only 1 "Horrendous" monster can be Summoned this way per turn.). Once per turn, if you control another "Horrendous" monster: you can reveal 3 cards from the top of your Deck; shuffle your Deck. If a "Horrendous" card would be destroyed: you can reveal your hand and pay 300 Life Points for each "Horrendous" card in your hand; it is not destroyed.[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Horrendous Kurrsttek']ySkZ3Hi.jpg
Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must first be Special Summoned when added to your hand, except by drawing. At the end of the Damage Step, if this card attacked or was attacked: this card gains 600 ATK for each "Horrendous" card you control.[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Horrendous Kettsrruk']oXXpqdE.jpg
Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must first be Special Summoned from your Graveyard by having at least 10 "Horrendous" monsters in your Graveyard. When this card is Summoned, both players shuffle their Graveyards into their Decks, then you draw 1 card. If this card would be removed from the field: banish 3 "Horrendous" cards from your Deck instead. Once per turn: you can pay half your Life Points; this card gains ATK equal to the amount paid. During the End Phase of an opponent's turn when they did not attack this card: halve their Life Points.[/spoiler]

So, Hate/Rate/Commentate, if you feel like it.

Well...the way these cards play is really interesting, but somehow i guess their play style is really slow bcuz you can only summon 1 horrendous per turn, even if you use Double Summon you cannot Normal Summon 2 Horrendous in one turn. At first i thought they would be used more to Rank 3 Xyz's but that field doesnt allow, and i dont understand why. If you want, please explain me that part.

The Field Spell: "When your Deck is shuffled: gain 600 Life Points."  LoL surely someone would build a loop with this card cuz it has no restrictions like "once per turn", maybe you should add it to this effect."Once per turn: you can reveal the top 5 cards of your Deck; all "Horrendous" monsters you control gain 300 ATK for each monster card(s) revealed, then you Deck is shuffled."Ok, so i guess this is what make this deck strong and tottaly independent of Xyz's, very good effect."When this card is removed from the field by an opponent's card or effect: send all "Horrendous" monsters from your hand and Deck to the Graveyard."so this effect brings their 'boss' kettsrruk(what is this name '-'), but i cant imagine what happens if your hand is full of horrendous and you send all to grave or the oponent has a Macro Cosmos '-' probably end of game for you

Horrendous Kaageckn: "If this card destroys a monster by battle: shuffle 1 other "Horrendous" card you control into your Deck, and if you do, this card gains 300 ATK."dat mandatory effect...maybe you should add "You can shuffle 1 other..." Otherwise youll have to shuffle 1 card everytime this card destroys and it gives you a big disadvantage, also i dont understand how this effect can help you, 300 atk is very low, maybe 500 can fit better.

Horrendous Keeuof: Ok, nice effect. I like it

Horrendous Kooretr: Despite the first effect works good with Keeuof, the second has a different way of getting advantage(and it can be really hard to get rid of this thing since only 300 lp can save it infinite times per turn). Its a walking Mist Body and the less Horrendous you have in hand the better it is. I would list this card as Ok, but...i dont know, maybe you should add "Once per turn' or "Twice" on the second effect...or maybe not since cards that negate effects are becoming popular in the game, so Kooretr is not much a problem

Horrendous Kurrsttek: This card...Really Good! The Special Summon effect is what makes it shine. Can be added from any place to get its effect...also this with Kooretr on the field :o omg I assimilate it with Battlin' Boxer Lead Yoke effect

Horrendous Kettsrruk: 10 cards in graveyard?! :o So its supposed to work only with the field effect when its destroyed by the opponent...but the cost is fair, his effect is nothing bad.  the only way of stopping this card is Fiendish Chain and similar cards, or Number 101

In conclusion, despite the weird names(sry but your cards are very odd) they re very fun cards to play with. I dont see they able to become meta cards and their effects are fairly balanced. Great Work! :D 9/10

Will you add more cards? :D

(it was very hard to write all of this, i dont speak english and i spent some minutes on google translate : x i hope you understand what i tried to say)

Well...the way these cards play is really interesting, but somehow i guess their play style is really slow bcuz you can only summon 1 horrendous per turn, even if you use Double Summon you cannot Normal Summon 2 Horrendous in one turn. At first i thought they would be used more to Rank 3 Xyz's but that field doesnt allow, and i dont understand why. If you want, please explain me that part.

They almost certainly play a little slow, yes. That's part of the reason that Kooretr is a walking mist body, to assist in keeping field presence that is so difficult to build up. As for the Xyzing, I dunno, just didnt want them being used to Xyz, as that sorta detracts from the deck's playstyle.

The Field Spell: "When your Deck is shuffled: gain 600 Life Points."  LoL surely someone would build a loop with this card cuz it has no restrictions like "once per turn", maybe you should add it to this effect."Once per turn: you can reveal the top 5 cards of your Deck; all "Horrendous" monsters you control gain 300 ATK for each monster card(s) revealed, then you Deck is shuffled."Ok, so i guess this is what make this deck strong and tottaly independent of Xyz's, very good effect."When this card is removed from the field by an opponent's card or effect: send all "Horrendous" monsters from your hand and Deck to the Graveyard."so this effect brings their 'boss' kettsrruk(what is this name '-'), but i cant imagine what happens if your hand is full of horrendous and you send all to grave or the oponent has a Macro Cosmos '-' probably end of game for you

Because infinite Life Point loops are totally something we should be worried about.

Yep, that's meant to get the boss out quickly, if the opponent is foolish enough to destroy the field spell. Its just a deterrent so that they dont really, if they know that the boss will surely follow. But, like you said, a Macro Cosmos can be a deal breaker for it, but Macro can hurt a lot of decks to the point of unplayability. Though, correct me if I'm wrong, but since that is a mandatory effect, if a Macro is out I dont think you are able to banish them.

Horrendous Kaageckn: "If this card destroys a monster by battle: shuffle 1 other "Horrendous" card you control into your Deck, and if you do, this card gains 300 ATK."dat mandatory effect...maybe you should add "You can shuffle 1 other..." Otherwise youll have to shuffle 1 card everytime this card destroys and it gives you a big disadvantage, also i dont understand how this effect can help you, 300 atk is very low, maybe 500 can fit better.

The mandatory effect is intentional. It makes it a dangerous monster to play, but rewards you for taking the risk, not to mention the LP itll be giving you with the talisman.

Horrendous Keeuof: Ok, nice effect. I like it

Horrendous Kooretr: Despite the first effect works good with Keeuof, the second has a different way of getting advantage(and it can be really hard to get rid of this thing since only 300 lp can save it infinite times per turn). Its a walking Mist Body and the less Horrendous you have in hand the better it is. I would list this card as Ok, but...i dont know, maybe you should add "Once per turn' or "Twice" on the second effect...or maybe not since cards that negate effects are becoming popular in the game, so Kooretr is not much a problem

Not just effect negation, but non-destruction removal. Really, he's just meant to help you maintain your field, since as you stated, it can be quite time-consuming to get a nice foothold.

Horrendous Kurrsttek: This card...Really Good! The Special Summon effect is what makes it shine. Can be added from any place to get its effect...also this with Kooretr on the field :o omg I assimilate it with Battlin' Boxer Lead Yoke effect

Indeed, this is sort of the secondary boss monster, which is kind of necessary given that, unless the opponent helps you out, getting out Kettsrruk can be a challenge.

Horrendous Kettsrruk: 10 cards in graveyard?! :o So its supposed to work only with the field effect when its destroyed by the opponent...but the cost is fair, his effect is nothing bad.  the only way of stopping this card is Fiendish Chain and similar cards, or Number 101

Yeah, likely if this guy ever gets summoned, it'll be because the field was destroyed. But, if the opponent is at all smart and/or aware of this card's existence, they probably wont do that, so it has a fairly strong effect, which is even stronger when you think about how often you'll likely be gaining life points.

In conclusion, despite the weird names(sry but your cards are very odd) they re very fun cards to play with. I dont see they able to become meta cards and their effects are fairly balanced. Great Work! :D 9/10

I'm glad you like them. :) Sorry about the names, they are supposed to be, like, chaotic otherworldly beings, so their names are a bit tough to pronounce. :P

Will you add more cards? :D

I may following the Deck Swap Tournament, but if someone selects them to use in that, then you can expect up to 3 more cards to support these guys designed by them. :) I look forward to that.

(it was very hard to write all of this, i dont speak english and i spent some minutes on google translate : x i hope you understand what i tried to say)

This set needs pluses. And I really don't get the idea, beside increasing atk and milling monsters, plus shuffling the deck.

Well that is the idea. And Keeuof combined with any of the revealers (and/or the field spell) is a lot of potential plussing. But searchers and the like will be added later, probably after the tournament.

You're from germany? And this set's card names are in german?

Well firstly that line of text was Silenth. So how you got German from that I've no idea. As for the cards' names, they are not in German, or if they are, it is unintentional.

Ouch, my bad. Though I'm not wrong that you're from germany, am I?

Anyway, Keeuof + field spell = insanity. :o
And besides, this set really lacks consistence. And needs a lot of work to make it playable. I can't provide any suggestion though. A RotA might work for this current state. Kettsrruk (what is this name?) might need lesser summoning cost. And 101 still works on this, since it won't be counted as leaving the field.

Ouch, my bad. Though I'm not wrong that you're from germany, am I?
No, you're wrong about that, too.

Anyway, Keeuof + field spell = insanity. :o
And besides, this set really lacks consistence. And needs a lot of work to make it playable. I can't provide any suggestion though. A RotA might work for this current state. Kettsrruk (what is this name? :mad:) might need lesser summoning cost. And 101 still works on this, since it won't be counted as leaving the field.

It's playable as is, it just wont be very fast. Beasts have enough support to give these guys a little more consistency and oomph until I add the all-but-promised searches and draw power. 

Why would I give Kettsrruk a lesser Summoning Condition? It's effect is highly powerful, especially combined with the Field Spell's work over the course of the duel.

Also, for the future, naming counters to a card(s) is generally not considered helpful or intelligent in the slightest.

I know right infinite loop I once saw this youtube video beaver warrior atk was freaking high. It look like it can defeat the 3 god cards in one shot slifer effect does blast 2000 from it. But if y'all witness beaver warrior attack it actually won't be enough to defeat it. Beaver WARRIOR OTK (attack 1,258,291,200) (traditional unlimited)

Archived