[Sakura] Takara, Shrine Maiden of Disarmament

U9oSoGS.jpg

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. If your opponent controls 2 or more cards in their Spell/Trap Card Zone, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand). Both players can only activate or Set 1 Spell/Trap Card each turn.

As its name suggests, this card is designed to punish Decks that rely heavily on backrow usage. If your opponent overextends, then you can SS this card. With that said, the second effect is meant to put a blockade on multiple S/T use, but it affects you as well [in essence, you need to decide what S/T cards are most important to you in setting/using that turn].

IMG Credit: http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm306/dodo44554/xuse.jpg

Anyway, CnC/fix my OCG/love/hate, etc.

Good reviews get repped.

Because Toyo has brought this up, I might as well mention these two points.

1. You MUST provide a review of the card if you choose to comment.

2. OCG fixes are welcome, but if you choose to do so, keep in mind you must [1] Provide some form of CnC on the card and [2] Make sure you know how to fix it properly.

Thank you.

Wow, this is sweet. Works wonders against pesky Artifacts and really locks down your opponent heavily.

That said, I think the negation effect may be over the top, seeing as you foremost are preventing your opponent from using more than 1 Spell/Trap anyways. Basically, if you control this face-up card, during your turn, you're unstoppable (unless they have quick play spells, but yeah...). Some clarification before I say more is needed:

• Does this negate Counter Traps?
  • Does this negation apply once per turn during either player's turn, or only during your turn?

Seems like the card is used to counter Artifacts and backrow heavy decks, like Traptrix. The Set/Activate restriction would devastate them. If you can get past the field your opponent set up, you could just say you won. The last effect makes this card even more dangerous. By negating any S/T on the field per turn, you are basically locking down your opponent even further, crippling their card advantage. I would drop the last clause and possibly make it unable to be Normal/Set. Everything else is fine and fits with the theme.

I don't really like single cards taking down entire deck builds, even if I dislike them.

I heavily dislike the idea of every deck being rewarded with a Shi En due to your opponent playing the game. Spell and Trap card negation is especially powerful, but you're also getting it for free on a 2000 beater. The way I see it is a more limited Royal Oppresion for Spell and Traps for the most part, with the kind of restrictiveness that I do not feel should ever truly be in a card that you can simply put down from your hand.

This isn't to say that it'll be played a lot, but it's a card that I feel shouldn't be tampered with. Effect negation on something like Shi En is already going to put the nail in the coffin for 9/10 decks, making one that's generic that simply relies upon your opponent playing backrow isn't going to help much of anything.

Very powerful, I'd shorten it's effect though to make it more simple, long lores get sometimes dull if they don't contain very special effects in them, the card might still be technically useful but is less attractive (not in looks, in overall).

OCG: I'm not very sure about this, but didn't Konami change the punctuation of card effects in a way that "If X, then Y" becomes always "If X: Then Y"? you did it in the end of the lore but not in the beginning, I think it's okay for variety and not such a big deal [afterall, OCG is not a strict rulebook as people think it to be and you can change stuff just as there are lots of different OCGs from different periods] but think of it.

IMO you should remove the Special Summoning effect.. too annoying, too powerful.

Yeah, they changed it but it gets confusing after a while.

Wow, this is sweet. Works wonders against pesky Artifacts and really locks down your opponent heavily.

That said, I think the negation effect may be over the top, seeing as you foremost are preventing your opponent from using more than 1 Spell/Trap anyways. Basically, if you control this face-up card, during your turn, you're unstoppable (unless they have quick play spells, but yeah...). Some clarification before I say more is needed:

• Does this negate Counter Traps?
  • Does this negation apply once per turn during either player's turn, or only during your turn?

Monster effects are Spell Speed 2 or something; Counter Traps are SS3 so you can't.

As for the activation, it only works during your turn. By PSCT, if I wanted this to negate during either player's turn (which I originally had this card do, but that would've pushed it more over the top), then it would have "During either player's turn". I will scrap the Shi-En effect.

Seems like the card is used to counter Artifacts and backrow heavy decks, like Traptrix. The Set/Activate restriction would devastate them. If you can get past the field your opponent set up, you could just say you won. The last effect makes this card even more dangerous. By negating any S/T on the field per turn, you are basically locking down your opponent even further, crippling their card advantage. I would drop the last clause and possibly make it unable to be Normal/Set. Everything else is fine and fits with the theme.

I don't really like single cards taking down entire deck builds, even if I dislike them.

This was made as a deterrent to Artifacts (which is ironic, considering I just posted an Artifact deck the other day), so yeah you got the first part right.

As noted above, I think the S/T limiter is sufficient enough to keep them in check; no need to keep the last effect unless I really want to make it overkill.

I spent a lot of time deciding what to do with that last effect (even including some discards or something), but as I already mentioned a couple times already, it's getting scrapped.

I'll go ahead and add a Semi-Nomi clause to it.

As for Koko's comments, I've read them and as suggested above, said Shi-En clause is getting kicked out. Though in a way, this card is still a harsher variant of Medium of the Ice Barrier (which I borrowed the effect from to some degree).

Thanks to all of you for commenting/CnC.

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. If your opponent controls 2 or more cards in their Spell/Trap Card Zone, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand). Both players can only activate or Set 1 Spell/Trap Card each turn.

To be honest, the card name at first suggested something to do with Equip Spells, I was sorely mistaken :/

With Heavy Storm gone, players are more likely to overpopulate their S/T Zone especially with Artifacts so the Summoning Conditions work very well to punish a overextender. The 2nd effect works but in my opinion it slows down the game a bit too much... With it being only 1 Spell or Trap a turn, it makes it a more drawn out battle of wits although this would punish Artifacts a lot as they rely on Destruction. Just keep in mind that this will slow you down as well as your opponent so this could be a good strategy for Burn or Stall.

Your main bet for this is a side against Artifacts although it can be used as a Main if you want to limit the amount of Traps your opponent can lay. Keep in mind it can hit you too.

Overall its a pretty decent card and I would definatly side it with a good chance of main.

To be honest, the card name at first suggested something to do with Equip Spells, I was sorely mistaken :/

With Heavy Storm gone, players are more likely to overpopulate their S/T Zone especially with Artifacts so the Summoning Conditions work very well to punish a overextender. The 2nd effect works but in my opinion it slows down the game a bit too much... With it being only 1 Spell or Trap a turn, it makes it a more drawn out battle of wits although this would punish Artifacts a lot as they rely on Destruction. Just keep in mind that this will slow you down as well as your opponent so this could be a good strategy for Burn or Stall.

Your main bet for this is a side against Artifacts although it can be used as a Main if you want to limit the amount of Traps your opponent can lay. Keep in mind it can hit you too.

Overall its a pretty decent card and I would definatly side it with a good chance of main.

The name is somewhat of an implicit reference to Artifacts, given they are derived from weaponry.

Yes, the second effect is essentially stall (I already mentioned I derived that from Medium; said card already locks your opponent from activating more than 1 S/T per turn). Since the effect does limit the amount of S/T cards one can activate or Set, leaving this one-sided would have made it a harsher variant of said card [since the SS clause really doesn't matter when it's summoned; assuming you go second or later on in game]. It does affect you as well, but if you don't frequently play/Set Spell/Traps, it won't be as bad for you. Competitive-wise, it will slow down the game (I think you have 40 minutes for a match; correct me if I am wrong).

Usage-wise, Burn/Stall Decks would really enjoy this (as mentioned) or those who have problems with Artifacts/whatever likes to spam backrow. This wasn't intended to solely kill Artifacts/Traptrix (which I am less familiar with), but given their nature, it's to be expected that they get neutered by this card to some degree. That being said, Stall decks aren't exactly liked from what I heard, since they make games last longer (especially when players are on time constraints).

With that said, thanks for the CnC.

Archived