Psychic Dragon Princess Latias

心霊龍媛ラティアス (Shinreiryū Hime Ratiasu)

OYgwDce.jpg

1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner Dragon-Type monsters
This card is also treated as a Psychic-Type monster. If this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle: You can target 1 monster your opponent controls; halve its ATK until the End Phase of your next turn. Once per turn, during either player's turn, if you control another Dragon-Type monster: You can negate the activation and effect of a card your opponent controls.

"The scarlet dragon protecting the secret garden, hear this wish deep within my heart. Become the power that protects my friends!

Synchro Summon! Arrive in light, Psychic Dragon Princess Latias!"

Psychic Dragon Prince Latios

心霊龍諸侯ラティオス (Shinreiryū Shokō Ratiosu)

EB2LvGG.jpg

1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner Dragon-Type monsters
This card is also treated as a Psychic-Type monster. If this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle: You can target 1 monster they control; inflict damage to your opponent equal to half its ATK. When this card is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard: Target 1 cards your opponent controls; destroy that target. That card's effects cannot be activated.

"The azure dragon that defends the garden of Alto Mare, hear the mighty roar shaking souls within the heavens! Become the fierce sword of a thousand Aeons!

Synchro Summon! Descend, Psychic Dragon Prince Latios!"

--

As you pretty much guessed from the title, these cards are based on the Eon siblings of Altomare: Latias and Latios.

Much like every other Pokemon related card, their names have something to do with their abilities or status. In this case, it represents their dual Typing and their legendary status. Because they aren't the version legendary mascot, I opted to use prince/princess for both of them (It also ties into their status in one of my offline fan fics [you can ask me about this over PM/in here]).

Latias is Level 7 to represent that she's smaller than Latios with better defenses. Her second effect represents Mist Ball, since it does halve the ATK of another monster when she kills something. Last one is somewhat of a negation effect, but unlike the generic stuff running around, the card stays around if it's a monster (S/T still go to the graveyard as usual because of their mechanic) instead of flat-out killing it. In a way, it represents Latias and her personality.

Latios is Level 8 to show the size difference, and has a higher ATK to reflect his stats in-game (as a result, his defense gets cut). Second effect is a more offensive variant of his sister's (she simply cuts stats; he flat-out burns, which is in a way similar to how he does in OU battles on Showdown). Last effect is similar to the move Memento (and his sacrifice in the fifth movie); neuter a card that your opponent has and get rid of it.

First effect is self-explanatory: It reflects their dual Typing.

Some of you may remember that Written Archetype I did in RC a couple months ago. Yes, that whole Archetype was inspired by these two. I did say that I would eventually post these up, and now it's time. Below each of their effects is a summoning chant designed exclusively for them; the actual ones have different voicing [as these are meant to be read in Latias and Latios's voices], the language here is mostly neutral.

--

IMG Credit: Self (with GIMP)

I designed them for the aforementioned fic (which is 5Ds oriented), so that's why they have Turbo Duel helmets on.

Background is essentially Altomare during the day & late afternoon/evening.

--

Well then, you know what to do at this point: CnC/fix my OCG/love/hate, etc.

Good reviews will get repped (meaning that you provide comments that I can use to improve stuff).

Please keep any comments related to the card (effects, balance and whatever).

Do not comment exclusively on the picture, as this is NOT the Showcase section (You may mention them however in your review).

Thank you.

Archived