Princess of The Fire Pit

Princess_of_The_Fire_Pit.jpg

Harpie Mistress [Fire.png]
Rank_Star.pngRank_Star.png
[ Pyro / Xyz / Effect ]
2 Level 2 monsters

If a monster is Summoned, attach it to this card as an Xyz Material. If this card would leave the field, banish all Xyz Materials that were attached to it.

ATK/ 300 DEF/ 1000

Notice that this thing doesn't miss timing, if it's OP I'll just change all ifs to whens and I think it'll do.

Fire pit as in you throw at it stuff and they become useless.

To be perfectly honest this card is either useless or OP depending on the situation. Most likely it'll be a waste of two perfectly good monsters since your opponent will probably have something to run this over with. Now if you've managed to clear your opponent's field then it basically creates a lock and your opponent can no longer summon so you have won the duel. While it falls easily to monster destruction I still feel this is extremely bad design.

To be perfectly honest this card is either useless or OP depending on the situation. Most likely it'll be a waste of two perfectly good monsters since your opponent will probably have something to run this over with. Now if you've managed to clear your opponent's field then it basically creates a lock and your opponent can no longer summon so you have won the duel. While it falls easily to monster destruction I still feel this is extremely bad design.

While I highly agree with this its not 'Extremly' badly designed. It just needs some restrictions like Special Summon or set cards or something 

to that effect and just a few tweeks.

I mean it has potential to be a very good card if worded right and tweaked a little more.  I like the effect but as Izanami said it is a little usless/OP at the

moment.

Everything,... but the name and effect is Bad@ss.

1. I don't think pits have kings and queens, i'd suggest "Princess of the Scorching Abyss/Fiery Chthonic"...

2. Effect can be fixed with countless of options to choose from:

- More Conditions: "Once per turn" or "If a Monster is Special Summoned", or make limit it to absobring only Level 4 or Lower or etc. 

- Use the "would"-"instead" option. The current lore make it not-entirely-clear what would happen. Does this card leave the field with the attached monsters, or it banishes them instead of leaving the field? 

If you could balance the activation requirements you can make a more usable cards, something like: 

This card gains 300 DEF for each Xyz Material Monster attached to it. When exactly 1 monster is Summoned: if its ATK is equal to or lower than this card's DEF; you can attach that monster to this card as an Xyz Material Monster. When this card would leave the field; banish all Xyz Material Monsters from this card instead and inflict 200 damage to your opponent for each for each of those monster.

How did you throw "extremely bad design" at this? I dont even - bah.

I think you're trying to imagine it in a meta deck, so it's mostly useless, ofcourse - artifacts can't use this, shadolls etc nothing of the current meta can really use this.

If you would get out 2 level 2 monsters for it, then maybe those monsters were not what you wanted - as obviously you tried to summon this.

It's not useless, it just needs a different deck goal. the gameplay is different, it's more for stall / burn.

And it definitely doesn't warrant a win, as it's basically up to any Spell that deals in monster destruction, even some traps.

using this with another pre summoned monster of your own would even expose this to more traps, given that the second monster attacks or whatever.

It's certainly not a duel winner, it's point is that it's like some black hole of some sort that sucks in every summon, discourages the opponent from summoning and makes him look for a different solution.

While I highly agree with this its not 'Extremly' badly designed. It just needs some restrictions like Special Summon or set cards or something 

to that effect and just a few tweeks.

I mean it has potential to be a very good card if worded right and tweaked a little more.  I like the effect but as Izanami said it is a little usless/OP at the

moment.

Restricting it to suck non-Special Summoned monsters would make this even more useless, set cards are obviously unaffected, as they aren't a summon, they are set, which let's you get some monsters to the field, yet the only way to get them face up is if they are flipped face-up [You still can't flip summon them yourself otherwise they go.]

Flip Effects by the way, even if you flip summon yourself, still work.

Thanks for the reply ;)

Everything,... but the name and effect is Bad@ss.

1. I don't think pits have kings and queens, i'd suggest "Princess of the Scorching Abyss/Fiery Chthonic"...

2. Effect can be fixed with countless of options to choose from:

- More Conditions: "Once per turn" or "If a Monster is Special Summoned", or make limit it to absobring only Level 4 or Lower or etc. 

- Use the "would"-"instead" option. The current lore make it not-entirely-clear what would happen. Does this card leave the field with the attached monsters, or it banishes them instead of leaving the field? 

If you could balance the activation requirements you can make a more usable cards, something like: 

This card gains 300 DEF for each Xyz Material Monster attached to it. When exactly 1 monster is Summoned: if its ATK is equal to or lower than this card's DEF; you can attach that monster to this card as an Xyz Material Monster. When this card would leave the field; banish all Xyz Material Monsters from this card instead and inflict 200 damage to your opponent for each for each of those monster.

Lol what is there except the name and effect?

1.huh, I imagined some huge fire pit [a huge, deep one though.] with lots of Pyro monsters dwelling inside, so she's like the princess there or sumthing lol.

2.I'm actually thinking about it absorbing only Level 4 or Lower monsters, sounds like an interesting tweak and I'm certainly into this. Will think more.

"If this card would leave the field; banish all Xyz Material Monsters from this card instead..." would make it more op, like, until there's a way to destroy this thing and allow the opponent to summon monsters again, only cost to leave this on the field would be detaching all materials? people would start complaining it isn't removable etc.

Btw, it's pretty much what you read, if it's removed from the field, all attachments go banished. Nothing else.. :)

For your suggested effect - it's too limited, since its' DEF is visible to everyone, the opponent would plan his summons accordingly, so this wouldn't work and would be gone before it gets to do anything. The burn part is something I'll consider though! thanks!

it is extremely badly designed. Its a walking immunity. Whenever a monster is summoned, it vanishes. And that isn't even restricted to once per turn. Basically, it means it locks out ALL summons so long as its on the field. And as if that wasn't enough.. it PROTECTS ITSELF? so that you literally need 2 destructive magic/traps to destroy it before you are even able to summon? 

Lets look at the card.

Rank 2: Rank 2s are easily accessible, through the usage of multiple engines (Venus Shine Balls, Frogs, Nimbles, or hell even Tanukis/Ojamas)

Stats: 300/1000. Honestly, this thing even having stats at all makes it broken. Hell, even if it had 0/0 it'd see immediate list attention, in the banned section.

Effect: As mentioned earlier, it does way too much for how easy it is to summon.

Basically, you have 2 options here.

1) Scrap it. Effect is beyond irrepairable, and no amount of fixing will make it okay for use.

2) Use a different effect instead of "LOL EAT EVERYTHING THAT GETS SUMMONED."

it is extremely badly designed. Its a walking immunity. Whenever a monster is summoned, it vanishes. And that isn't even restricted to once per turn. Basically, it means it locks out ALL summons so long as its on the field. And as if that wasn't enough.. it PROTECTS ITSELF? so that you literally need 2 destructive magic/traps to destroy it before you are even able to summon? 

Lets look at the card.

Rank 2: Rank 2s are easily accessible, through the usage of multiple engines (Venus Shine Balls, Frogs, Nimbles, or hell even Tanukis/Ojamas)

Stats: 300/1000. Honestly, this thing even having stats at all makes it broken. Hell, even if it had 0/0 it'd see immediate list attention, in the banned section.

Effect: As mentioned earlier, it does way too much for how easy it is to summon.

Basically, you have 2 options here.

1) Scrap it. Effect is beyond irrepairable, and no amount of fixing will make it okay for use.

2) Use a different effect instead of "LOL EAT EVERYTHING THAT GETS SUMMONED."

Whoah wait wait wait, the sucking part is the only point of the card, that's intended - not bad design.

It doesn't protect itself, where did you read this?!

It's not walking immunity, it gets your stuff aswell, and oh please - tell me if you really don't recall knowing any spell / trap that deals with it that's popping out at times with your draw.

monsters can be set, so flips effects work aswell. it restricts you as much as it restricts the opponent.

It's like you basically came here with "tl;dr"

Only actual advice here was that it's too easy to summon, well. I'll strongly consider it, restrict it to types or to more monsters. but you've gotta read bro.

The OP was changed while I was posting. It originally said "if this card would leave the field, banish all its materials instead"

And.. you clearly don't understand what "bad design" is. It doesn't matter if it is what the card is supposed to do. "Bad Design" is basically anything that HEAVILY shifts the meta because of a single card. (Examples are Evilswarm Exciton Knight. It literally changed the way the game was played, just by existing).

Basically. Its a rank 2.. THAT LOCKS OUT ALL SUMMONS JUST BY EXISTING ON THE FIELD. By itself. Never mind that you can generate a field before summoning it. The card is basically a win button, and says "Oh hey, I hit the field, you lose, unless you somehow have a card to get rid of me in the next turn. Oh, and better hope it isn't a monster ;3"

Whoah wait wait wait, the sucking part is the only point of the card, that's intended - not bad design.
It doesn't protect itself, where did you read this?!
It's not walking immunity, it gets your stuff aswell, and oh please - tell me if you really don't recall knowing any spell / trap that deals with it that's popping out at times with your draw.
monsters can be set, so flips effects work aswell. it restricts you as much as it restricts the opponent.
It's like you basically came him with "tl;dr"
Only actual advice here was that it's too easy to summon, well. I'll think about it, restrict it to types or to more monsters. but you've gotta read bro.

Holy hell, are you serious? This is f***ing awful design. Bad design is independent of your intended design, because it goes beyond it.

It does protect itself from monsters because it eat them up.

Who cares if it gets your stuff, anything you put on board before this doesn't care. It's just a Royal Oppresion stylef floodgate.

Implying Dark Hole isn't a bad card overall and isn't limited. And Book of Moon is limited. No other rippable s/t removal is common enough to matter.

"it doesn't beat flips 100% so it's fair!"

This is one of the worst designs in RC in a while. It's really, really bad design because of the fact it halts the gamestate in terms of monsters. Yeah, Dark Hole exists and Book of Moon are the only actual answers, and you used the fact that counters exist to defend a terrible design.

The fact that counters exist do not, in any way, balance a card's design, and it doesn't help this card. This should either be scrapped altogether or put up high in RC as what NOT to do, because this does nothing but degrade a gamestate.

Dark Hole + Get two Level 2's (which aren't that hard) = Stop the game until your opponent pulls two destruction cards out of nowhere.
Yeah, it's very badly designed. It's not once per turn, it isn't restricted to certain kinds of summon, it doesn't miss timing, and you still try to debate that it's not OP'd?

Even if it isn't broken, which it is, it's still badly designed because it stops player-to-player interaction, promotes degenerate stall/burn decks, and generally punishes your opponent for playing the game. It does way too much for very little cost/setup, is generic, and has an in-built protection effect. Unless you worded that last bit wrong and intended it so that if it leaves the field the Xyz Mats are Banished, but either way it's still a stupid badly designed op bork bork bork.

The OP was changed while I was posting. It originally said "if this card would leave the field, banish all its materials instead"

And.. you clearly don't understand what "bad design" is. It doesn't matter if it is what the card is supposed to do. "Bad Design" is basically anything that HEAVILY shifts the meta because of a single card. (Examples are Evilswarm Exciton Knight. It literally changed the way the game was played, just by existing).

Basically. Its a rank 2.. THAT LOCKS OUT ALL SUMMONS JUST BY EXISTING ON THE FIELD. By itself. Never mind that you can generate a field before summoning it. The card is basically a win button, and says "Oh hey, I hit the field, you lose, unless you somehow have a card to get rid of me in the next turn. Oh, and better hope it isn't a monster ;3"

OP was changed? lol you serious?! It didn't touch it, maybe changed it yesterday to add the lore pictures and make the written lore more pretty, but hell no I didn't touch it at all. Check it if you can, make an admin check it, I'm sure they have these "edited" dates somewhere, your reading was too fast and you missed it, happens.

It doesn't make you win, don't be ridiculous, as I said earlier to you, I'll change the Xyz summon restrictions.

It locks down all monsters just by existing, yes, except you can set just about any monster you wish, hell, you can even Tribute set monsters if you set some monsters before, your only restriction is for summoning, whether it is game changing, that's the point.

So let me get this straight. The moment this card is Summoned, every time ANY monster is summoned, this card eats it right up........ I still need to get my head around that.... It eats every single monster that is Summoned so the Duel is essentially done? Just wow..... If this card was to gobble up all Level 1 and 2 monsters then it may have a niche use for gobbling up Tuners that hit the field, but the ability to eat all monsters is Broken.

Make it a more niche card as I said and you would be at least getting somewhere. This however is a mess....

Holy hell, are you serious? This is f***ing awful design. Bad design is independent of your intended design, because it goes beyond it.

It does protect itself from monsters because it eat them up.

Who cares if it gets your stuff, anything you put on board before this doesn't care. It's just a Royal Oppresion stylef floodgate.

Implying Dark Hole isn't a bad card overall and isn't limited. And Book of Moon is limited. No other rippable s/t removal is common enough to matter.

"it doesn't beat flips 100% so it's fair!"

This is one of the worst designs in RC in a while. It's really, really bad design because of the fact it halts the gamestate in terms of monsters. Yeah, Dark Hole exists and Book of Moon are the only actual answers, and you used the fact that counters exist to defend a terrible design.

The fact that counters exist do not, in any way, balance a card's design, and it doesn't help this card. This should either be scrapped altogether or put up high in RC as what NOT to do, because this does nothing but degrade a gamestate.

Jesus can you calm down?! it only restricts summons, YES it is suppoused to be powerful, NO it is no bad design, duh.

Dark Hole and Book of Moon are no way the only actual answers, but ofcourse saying they are helps you look more right, does it?

Those who expressed themselves without coming here like douchebags and actually suggested useful tweaks, actually put up good feedback, which is worked on now.

Dark Hole + Get two Level 2's (which aren't that hard) = Stop the game until your opponent pulls two destruction cards out of nowhere.
Yeah, it's very badly designed. It's not once per turn, it isn't restricted to certain kinds of summon, it doesn't miss timing, and you still try to debate that it's not OP'd?

Even if it isn't broken, which it is, it's still badly designed because it stops player-to-player interaction, promotes degenerate stall/burn decks, and generally punishes your opponent for playing the game. It does way too much for very little cost/setup, is generic, and has an in-built protection effect. Unless you worded that last bit wrong and intended it so that if it leaves the field the Xyz Mats are Banished, but either way it's still a stupid badly designed op bork bork bork.

2 destruction cards? jesus will you read before exploding like god knows, it doesn't protect it self, the effect only states that the attechments are BANISHED, not BANISH INSTEAD, there's a difference.

I didn't word it wrong, it's an effect that happens with it's destruction, not instead.

IT HAS NO BUILT IN PROTECTION EFFECT, IT NEVER HAD.

I already said I'll change the summon restrictions

Thanks for the sanely phrased comment for a change though, the caps are not mainly for you, but to the others up there who said just the same.

Jesus can you calm down?! it only restricts summons, YES it is suppoused to be powerful, NO it is no bad design, duh.
Dark Hole and Book of Moon are no way the only actual answers, but ofcourse it helps you look more right, does it?

It's terrible design. It effectively shuts down about 30% of the game. If you can't stand being called out for bad design, get out, because if you keep churning terrible design like this out no one's going to tell you anything but how bad at making cards you are.

if you had any knowledge of the gamestate you'd know the only other playable answers are Phoenix Wing Wind Blast and Raigeki Break, both of which are dependent on how well a deck maintains hand advantage.

Meaning that, on average, 2 answers exist. And only 1 is good.

And Breakthrough Skill, but that's not removal, though I did neglect to mention it.

This still leaves a whopping average of 3 answers in an entire deck on average. /3/

Absolutely horrible design, and if you can't take criticism there's no point for you to be peddling your pig swill.

this is worse than thekazu4u

It's terrible design. It effectively shuts down about 30% of the game. If you can't stand being called out for bad design, get out, because if you keep churning terrible design like this out no one's going to tell you anything but how bad at making cards you are.

if you had any knowledge of the gamestate you'd know the only other playable answers are Phoenix Wing Wind Blast and Raigeki Break, both of which are dependent on how well a deck maintains hand advantage.

Meaning that, on average, 2 answers exist. And only 1 is good.

And Breakthrough Skill, but that's not removal, though I did neglect to mention it.

This still leaves a whopping average of 3 answers in an entire deck on average. /3/

Absolutely horrible design, and if you can't take criticism there's no point for you to be peddling your pig swill.

this is worse than thekazu4u

Fiendish Chain, Forbidden Chalice, any flip that does destruction hence reiko: Lightsworns which are well played now, icarus for wings, I can go and find the bigger list, you wish?

Then again, if you go read what I said to others, they suggested restricting summon, limiting effect to lvl 4 or lowers, all which are worked on now.

Fiendish Chain, Forbidden Chalice, any flip that does destruction hence reiko: Lightsworns which are well played now, icarus for wings, I can go and find the bigger list, you wish?

Fiendish Chain isn't played, and is in the same format dependent slot as Breakthrough Skill.

Forbidden Chalice is straight up never played.

Ryko is only run in LS and occasionally Obedience Schooled modern day, so not an argument.

anything running icarus attack doesn't matter

Nothing you've said change how a general deck can counter it, NOR does it defend that your only counter-argument is "COUNTERS EXIST, SO NYEH". You've done nothing but show you refuse to listen to anything but listen to positive reviews and tell negative ones "fine i'll give you an inch when you need 60 miles".

This card is a disgrace in design.

So your argument is two cards that don't see play at all right now due to being outclassed by Breakthrough Skill, one card that is only used in decks that can't stand up to the meta right now, and one card that only sees play in a bad deck?

That isn't a convincing argument by any means. Chain and Chalice haven't been used in a while now, and forcing someone to give up on side deck space because of one card that potentially exists is stupid.

Ryko is not used in anything except Sworns now, and sworns are a sacky as fuck deck which means even if they do run it, it might not do them any good.

Your card is flawed, the design is awful, and you really shouldn't be defending it.

Fiendish Chain isnt run anymore.

Chalice was never relevant

Ryko is barely run in anything that isn't lightsworns, if at all.

There is no relevant Winged Beast archetype atm that can utilize Icarus Attack.

So.. point?

No, fiendish isn't run anymore ur right Chalice is never relevant nah Icarus Attack? no "no relevant" WB archetype..

do you have worse arguments?

Okay, people start pissing on this thread, posting pictures, getting mad, saying I don't listen to anyone, GO, thanks.

I do listen, as I answer some of the douchebags(the ones with the pictures, caps etc.], I'm meanwhile changing this card so you won't complain, but ofcourse you will always complain, I'll just do my best.

I'm going with three feedbacks to work on.

Restricting summon more.

Making it suck in only Level 4 or Lowers.

Making it have some interaction with the second player, as in even if you don't have those "not played anymore" cards, you can still counter it in a different way.

Now, 2 of those I mentioned already, not once. If you'd bother reading it, you'd see.

Okay, people start pissing on this thread

What is wrong with some of you...are you so ubsesed with competitive that all cards have to be perfect first run?

Come on some of us aren't as skilled as you pros give us positive feed back, this is why most kids dont go pro

because competitive people like you guys take it way to seriously, yeah it had some problems at first doesn't

mean you have to go and SH** on it cause it has bad design. Instead say what could be fixed and tweaked. 

Dont just sit there and keep saying how broke it is. DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT! or leave if you getting upset.

OH and by the way said person said they'd fix it about 3 times but most of you skipped right over it to argue even more.

Dont ruin other peoples experiences because you want every card in RC to be as realistic as real cards.

What is wrong with some of you...are you so ubsesed with competitive that all cards have to be perfect first run?
Come on some of us aren't as skilled as you pros give us positive feed back, this is why most kids dont go pro
because competitive people like you guys take it way to seriously, yeah it had some problems at first doesn't
mean you have to go and SH** on it cause it has bad design. Instead say what could be fixed and tweaked. 
Dont just sit there and keep saying how broke it is. DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT! or leave if you getting upset.

OH and by the way said person said they'd fix it about 3 times but most of you skipped right over it to argue even more.

Dont ruin other peoples experiences because you want every card in RC to be as realistic as real cards.

Psst. They edited their post to say they'd fix it, bar type/attribute restriction which would leave it horribly made =/

Like their latest post (unless he ninjas me) was edited after the fact with offered changes.

This doesn't change that it was bad design in the first place.

Your post is nothing but spam, and I'm sorry, but if you don't want to be scolded because you make cards badly and act like you didn't screw up. It doesn't matter if they DID decide to change it, they're still refusing to acknowledge this is anything other than an incredibly dark stain on the already less than pristine RC. They are attempting to defend this horrible design, which nulls any and all "oh but i'll edit it kthx" because they don't believe they did anything wrong, thus the problem remains.

And this isn't just degenerate to competitive, it's degenerate overall

Don't post if all you're going to do is spam whine at people who don't agree with leaving shit lying around.

Archived