A Battalion Last Stand

BatMed

128577ABattalionLastStand.png

"Battalion" archetype is a series of Warrior-type monsters that focuses on swarming the field to Summon Stronger "Battalion" monsters using the Ability of their "A Libation..." Trap cards series. Also they rely on boosting their ATK using cards like "Battalion's Holy Sword", "Battalion's Ruined Camp", "A Battalion Last Stand"...

[spoiler='Monsters']

189322LV4BrgoanBattalionPride.png

When this card is summoned, you can special summon 1 Level 4 "Battalion" monster from your Hand or Deck Except "Brgoan, Battalion Pride". If you control another "Battalion" monster: This card cannot be destroyed by Battle.

739175LV4SigmondBattalionGuard.png

When this card is special summoned, you can add 1 “Battalion” monster from your Deck to your hand. While this card is in your graveyard; Face-up "Battalion" Trap cards cannot be destroyed by your opponent's cards effects.

698276LV4SyrusBattalionsHolyPaladin.png

If this card is special summoned by a "Battalion" card, you can special summon 1 Level 4 "Battalion" monster from your Hand or Deck except "Syrus, Battalion Holy Paladin", and if you do, you cannot special summon other monsters during the turn you activate this effect. If you control another "Battalion" monster, this card cannot be selected as an attack target.

185940LV5BattalionsLegend.png

lf you control 2 or more “Battalion” monsters; You can special summon this card from your hand or graveyard. During your opponent Battle Phase: If you control 2 or more other "Battalion" monsters; This card's ATK and DEF are halved, and your opponent must attack this card first.

360881LV5BattalionsMiracle.png

Once per turn, if you control 2 or more “Battalion” monsters; You can special summon this card from your hand or graveyard. During the End Phase, if this card destroyed an opponent's monster by battle this turn: Special Summon 1 "Battalion" monster from your graveyard.

214495LV8LordofBattalions.png

Cannot be normal summoned or set. Must first be special summoned by the effect of  a “Battalion” Trap Card. If there is no face-up "Battalion" Trap Card on the field, destroy this card. Pay 1000 Life points; Special summon this card from your graveyard. Once per turn you can target 1 Warrior-Type monster in your Graveyard; add that target to your hand.

409562LV8TheFirstBattalion.png

Cannot be normal summoned or set. Must first be special summoned by the effect of  a “Battalion” Trap Card. If there is no face-up "Battalion" Trap Card on the field, destroy this card.card. This card can attack 3 times per battle, and if you do, it cannot attack your opponent directly. Once Per Turn, you can special summon 1 “Battalion” monster from your hand or graveyard in face-up Attack position.

547090LV8TheLastBattalion.png

Cannot be normal summoned or set. Must first be special summoned by the effect of  a “Battalion” Trap Card. If there is no face-up "Battalion" Trap Card on the field, destroy this card. This card can attack 3 times per battle, and if you do, it cannot attack your opponent directly. Once Per Turn you can banish 1 Warrior-type monster from the Graveyard to activate 1 of these effects.
*This card cannot be destroyed by battle this turn.
*This card gains 1000 ATK until the End-Phase.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Xyzs']

170321R4HeavyArmoredBattalion.png

3 Level 4 Warrior-type monsters
Once Per turn you can Detach 1 xyz material from this card to activate one of these effects.
*This card can attack up 3 times during that turn's Battle Phase, but cannot attack your opponent directly.
*Banish 1 Warrior-type monster from your graveyard to increase this card's ATK by 700 until the End Phase.

423816R8TheLastStandBattalionsDuty.png

3 Level 8 “Battalion” monsters
This card gains 500 ATK for each Xyz material attached to it. Once per turn, you can Detach 1 Xyz material from this card; Double the ATK of all Warrior=type monsters you currently control (Any battle damage your opponent takes from attacks involving those cards is halved for the rest of this turn.), until the End Phase. During the End Phase, destroy those monsters. 

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Spell and Traps']

725312SBattalionsHolySword.png

Equip only to a "Battalion" monster. It gains 500 ATK. When it attacks a monster, that monster loses 1000 ATK and DEF after damage calculation. An opponent's monster that battles with the equipped monster cannot be destroyed by that battle. If this card is destroyed; Special summon 1 Level 4 "Battalion" monster from your graveyard.

476050SBattalionsRuinedCamp.png

"Battalion" monsters gain 100 ATK for each Warrior-type monster in your graveyard. During the End Phase: You can put 1 "Pride" counter on this card for each face-up "Battalion" monster you control. Once per turn you can banish "Pride" counters from this card to special summon "Battalion" monster(s) from your graveyard (max.2) whose combined Levels equal to or less then the number of banished "Pride" counters from this card.

255767TABattalionLastStand.png

You cannot Special Summon monsters from your Extra Deck except "Battalion" monsters. Warrior-type monsters you control gain 500 ATK during Damage Calculation only. When a "Battalion" monster you control would be destroyed: You can tribute 3 Warrior-type monsters you control instead and Special Summon 1 Level 8 "Battalion" monster from your hand, deck or graveyard. During your Draw Phase, instead of conducting your normal draw: You can add this card from your Graveyard to your hand.

260722TADraggedBattalion.png

You cannot Special Summon monsters from your Extra Deck except "Battalion" monsters. When a "Battalion" monster you control would be destroyed: You can Banish 3 Warrior-type monsters from your graveyard instead and Special Summon 1 Level 8 "Battalion" monster from your hand, deck or graveyard. During your Draw Phase, instead of conducting your normal draw: You can add this card from your Graveyard to your hand.

568902TALostPride.png

When you take damage from a card your opponent controls: You can Special Summon 1 "Brgoan, Battalion Pride" from your hand or graveyard. You must control no monsters to activate and to resolve this effect.

[/spoiler]

Any suggestions, also critics are welcome :D

Ok, no one is reviewing these so I will take on the task myself!

Anyway, not going to review each card individually but rather point out any notable cards/effects or problems with any of them. The first small doubt is that the level 4 cards could just be used in Rank 4 warrior Xyz decks (maybe even Rhongo ones?) as Pride summons either of the other two, providing you with either the 3 on the field for an xyz next turn, (only stopped by your opponent having something to kill Pride with an effect, and the other 2 by battle) and another Pride/Brgoan in hand thanks to the Sigmond summoned (or just go into a 2-mat Xyz - Excalibur/101? - and have a Pride in hand for next turn. Then again, you could just play 3, set Last Stand and you're good either way.

As for the rest of the actual archetype, I like it as a whole, with it not being too complex and mainly being ATK and swarm based. In my opinion, the Level 5 monsters aren't that needed, as while they have Fautroll effects the deck doesn't make synchros (having said that, Miracle is good - Legend not as much). As for the level 8s, I like the idea of 1 monster beng multiple warriors and therefore attacking that many times, and the trap idea being similar to the Earthbounds. 

(is Lord of Battalions effect optional? because a forced 1000 every time he dies when he dies without a trap seems stupid, as in a mistake, as otherwise an mst loses you the game...)

Overall, I really like the idea of warriors swarming in a 'battalion' for reasons other than just making a big extra deck monster (instead a big Level 8 Nomi) with effects all based around attacks or summons very simply, leaving all the rest to staple cards. However, I wish all the Level 8s' effects amounted to more than just swarming, as by using them you cant use your extra deck, except Duty (which to be fair, has tasty OTK potential due to the swarming anyway). So, my advice would be add more protection(they can easily become vulnerable), add a Rank 5 xyz, perhaps make s/t support for the 3 attack idea, and perhaps give the lv8s more to do.

Great archetype all in all, definitely Rep worthy!

Ok, no one is reviewing these so I will take on the task myself!

Anyway, not going to review each card individually but rather point out any notable cards/effects or problems with any of them. The first small doubt is that the level 4 cards could just be used in Rank 4 warrior Xyz decks (maybe even Rhongo ones?) as Pride summons either of the other two, providing you with either the 3 on the field for an xyz next turn, (only stopped by your opponent having something to kill Pride with an effect, and the other 2 by battle) and another Pride/Brgoan in hand thanks to the Sigmond summoned (or just go into a 2-mat Xyz - Excalibur/101? - and have a Pride in hand for next turn. Then again, you could just play 3, set Last Stand and you're good either way.

As for the rest of the actual archetype, I like it as a whole, with it not being too complex and mainly being ATK and swarm based. In my opinion, the Level 5 monsters aren't that needed, as while they have Fautroll effects the deck doesn't make synchros (having said that, Miracle is good - Legend not as much). As for the level 8s, I like the idea of 1 monster beng multiple warriors and therefore attacking that many times, and the trap idea being similar to the Earthbounds. 

(is Lord of Battalions effect optional? because a forced 1000 every time he dies when he dies without a trap seems stupid, as in a mistake, as otherwise an mst loses you the game...)

Overall, I really like the idea of warriors swarming in a 'battalion' for reasons other than just making a big extra deck monster (instead a big Level 8 Nomi) with effects all based around attacks or summons very simply, leaving all the rest to staple cards. However, I wish all the Level 8s' effects amounted to more than just swarming, as by using them you cant use your extra deck, except Duty (which to be fair, has tasty OTK potential due to the swarming anyway). So, my advice would be add more protection(they can easily become vulnerable), add a Rank 5 xyz, perhaps make s/t support for the 3 attack idea, and perhaps give the lv8s more to do.

Great archetype all in all, definitely Rep worthy!

thanks for the review.... I'll make the changes/add the cards you suggested soon :D

Archived