Notification of what post has been quoted

Hi. First time I think I've ever posted a suggestion like this, but just a small gripe I've had. It's a really minor amendment I'd like, but don't worry if its only something our absent lord creator can do, but it might save a bit of bother.

You know your notifications list? Well (depending on your options setup) for most people, it will highlight when you've been quoted by someone, and you can click on it to go directly to their post, and it will highlight when someone has liked your post, and again click on it to view the post.

Thing is, the notification tells you in an advance what thread the liked post was in before you click on it, whereas being quoted doesn't.

For example:

Whereas:

"evilfusion quoted a post you made
16 minutes ago"

Now I understand the person quoting you may not neccessarily do so in the same thread as your original post all of the time and things may get quoted from/to other related topics, but 99.9% of the time it's gonna be a quote in the same thread of conversation. So, would it be possible to change this so you are alerted and know vaguely what's been quoted and where you're likely going to be directed to, similar to how you are with likes? Rather than just "Oh? I've been quoted about something?" and just guessing based on who is quoting you.

Reason I ask and this would be good for me personally is so that if anyone quotes me in the Arc-V thread, like Fusion did, I can ignore it until I've seen the sub. Not click on it assuming it was TCG related and while the browser was jumping around the page a bit see the large obvious spoiler some idiot left open for all to see <_<

I'm genuinely curious...WHY do you have your settings so you get a notification when you're quoted? 

I can think of dozens of instances where a post would be quoted, and I can't think of any real value to getting notified of this. Likes I understand, but posts being quoted? A good 90% of the time, it'd be in an on-going topic you've previously posted in, and are at least mildly likely to revisit in the near future anyway.

As for changing how quote links work...I don't know if it's something we have access to. I would expect that sort of thing to be inherent to the board and be beyond our control to remedy.

I'm genuinely curious...WHY do you have your settings so you get a notification when you're quoted? 

I can think of dozens of instances where a post would be quoted, and I can't think of any real value to getting notified of this. Likes I understand, but posts being quoted? A good 90% of the time, it'd be in an on-going topic you've previously posted in, and are at least mildly likely to revisit in the near future anyway.

Um... personal preference?

So I can get to questions/answers first when I log on or ASAP.

.... because I'm forgetful. :(

That and I'm OCD/Symmetrical, so I find it odd that it's one for one and another for another.

Archived