3 round card contest (round 1)

here are the cards from the contestants, if you have any questions from the criteria mesage in the 3 round contest.

Electric Wizard

sZhLvMt.jpg

Electric Wizard
Image: 7/10 The image is good but the background doesn't have any relation with the monster.
Originality: 12/15 The effect is very original, but the special summon from the cementery is very common
Use in battle: 15/15 It's very good, you can make a Scynchro summon at the second turn form it was summoned.
Balanced: 8/10 Although it has a good effect, it may be a little OP because it can't be destroyed except by sacrifice, Scynchro summon and Xyz summon.
SubTotal: 42/50 Altough the ATK must be 0 i'll have to penalise with 5 points.
Total: 37/50

Overfrost!
image: 5/10 The image is a little blurry, and the Yang Zing monsters usually have a traingle in their body and horns.
Originality: 12/15 It has a good effect, but the special summon from the cementery is very common
Use in battle: 13/15 Is might not very good at battle, but it's effect compensates it.
Balanced: 8/10 this card is balanced enough, but it need some DEF points in case you don't use it to do a Synchro summon.
SubTotal: 38/50 The special summon was supposed totrigger at the End Phase, and you only do that at the second half of the effect, i'll have to discount you 5 points to be fair.
Total: 33/50

josholche

http://i.imgur.com/ry5seux.jpg

Image: 10/10 The image has a good relation with the name and atributte
Originality: 12/15 The effect is good, but the special summon from the graveyard is very common.
Use in battle: 13/15 This effect is very good, it would work better in an earth maze.
Balanced: 10/10 This card is very balanced, it needs some requirements to trigger it's effect.
SubTotal: 45/50 This section is used in case of don't following the requirements.
Total: 45/50

EPTinYugi
Image: 10/10 I like the image, it's goodand have a good relation with the name and attribute
Originality: 9/15 The effect it's pretty good, but the last part of the effect which says ''You can banish this card in your graveyard to target 1 Synchro monster, it gains 1000 ATK'' It's very common, also the special summon forom the graveyard is very common.
Use in battle: 13/15 This card you can use it in almost all mazes, but it's better in dragon mazes, which not everyone has.
Balanced: 8/10 The effect it very good, but it needs some requirements to balance it, like paying LP to special summon from the graveyard
SubTotal: 40/50 Altought only half of the effect triggers in the End Phase, the other half doesnt, and to be fair i'll have to discount you 5 points.
Total: 35/50

UnendingEmpire

tOe5UX4.jpg

Image: 8/10 It's pretty good the image, but i can't find what part of this angel is a ''conductor''.
Originality: 13/15 The effect it's very good, but is common a Special summon from the cementery.
Use in battle: 15/15 You can use this effect at any moment in case of a Synchro summon.
Balanced: 5/10 It has a very good effect, but it needs some kind of requirement to activate this effect.
SubTotal: 41/50 This section is used in case of don't following the requirements.
Total: 41/50

Speedy the First
25jdxtz.jpg
Image: 9/10 The image is pretty good, but hasn't much to do with the monster attribute.
Originality: 12/15 The effect is good, but already seen before.
Use in battle: 10/15 It might have a good effect in case of effects that involves destroing the hand, but a little useless at the moment of Special Summoning it.
Balanced: 10/10 This card it'svery balanced for the little effect it has.
SubTotal: 41/50 This section is used in case of don't following the requirements.
Total: 41/50

Aqua Hina
zRO8Ey7.jpg
Image: 10/10 The image has many sense with the name, pretty good image BTW
Originality: 15/15 It's effect at first look just a lost of time, but when you understand it it's pretty good.
Use in battle: 12/15 It's vrey useable in battle, but it needs 3 requirements to activate it effect.
Balanced: 8/10 It's very balanced, but the part of the effect which says ''Once per turn: You can discard 1 Spell Card; banish 1 card on the field that was Summoned, activated or Set since your opponent's last turn.'', some of that might be a little useless or not needed.
Sub total: 45/50 But as the Special summon must be activated at the End Phase i'll have to discount you 5 points
Total: 40/50

magemeek22
NH09azX.jpg
Image: 9/10 The image is pretty good, but that archetype is supposed to be some kind of dragon-beast image, and had some Bead inside some triangles in their chest and horns, just a detail.
Originality: 15/15 It's pretty original and effective, what a good idea. 
Use in battle: 10/15 You can use it in many times, but it's effect is useless if you don't have another Ying Zang monster.
Balanced: 10/10 It's pretty balanced, you can use it with especific conditions, very good.
SubTotal: 44/50 This section is used in case of don't following the requirements.
Total: 44/50

Hello!

The Conductor Angel has various references to the "Marching Band" or "Jazz Band" conductor, specially the ones from the funeral tradition in New Orleans (it also got a very nice reference to the "tuner"/singer-> music thematic), it is a bit exaggerated as a common stereotype should be, it also adds the corresponding "Angelical" elements. As I can see the art fits the name very well. :)

Archived