[HELP!] 1st try at logo for my site

• 2 weeks later...

Could we possibly see what the rest of the site looks like to get an idea of placement and color scheme?  I like the idea of Ali, but I'd also suggest looking at some different fonts, perhaps something a bit more modern.  It's hard to get an idea though of your goal just from the logo

Could we possibly see what the rest of the site looks like to get an idea of placement and color scheme?  I like the idea of Ali, but I'd also suggest looking at some different fonts, perhaps something a bit more modern.  It's hard to get an idea though of your goal just from the logo

This. 

Can't really assist you without knowing how the rest of the site looks. 

There's nothing wrong with making a logo before starting a site, don't think that was wrong of you.  Sometimes the site is built around the logo, it's just easier for people to critique and offer help while understanding what your main goal is.  Most of my logos are designed before I make a site, it's usually what I design around, but in this case it's better to help us get an understanding of what you're trying to accomplish by having the site design to go with it.

Agreed, build the site around the logo or vice versa. The first of the lot is my pick. I wouldn't recommend the shadow choices or any odd shaping without other use of shape in the font itself.

I'm a huge fan of the abstract and geometric, the whole thing of the Windows 8 design, imagine that as font.

A huge changer for logo design is how you brand yourself. Whether it's the name of your site or the style you're trying to portray. 

Consider a singular name which could have visual puns for the logo to make it clever or quirky. Maybe also if your style is very abstract, incorporate that into your logo.

I've done a few logo designs before, simple is better, portray your product clearly and in a memorable or easily recognised way. Consider adding an image for a visual pun instead of words. Think of currently huge logos: Apple, Windows, Twitter, Facebook, McDonalds.

vcEi6yl.png

Archived