Zaborg the Mega Monarch

qiJv8RT.png

Zaborg the Mega Monarch

LIGHT/Thunder/Effect
8/2800/1000

You can Tribute Summon this card by Tributing 1 Tribute Summoned monster.
①: When this card is Tribute Summoned: You can target 1 Monster on the field; destroy that target. If the monster destroyed was a LIGHT monster, each player must select a number of cards from their Extra Deck equal to the original level or rank of the destroyed monster and send them to the Graveyard. If this card was Tribute Summoned by Tributing a LIGHT monster, add this additional effect.
● You select the cards instead of your opponent.

Editing the effect with better PSCT in a bit.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I assume that means "You choose the monsters the opponent sends".

Level or Rank means you can nuke Felgrand/Triveil/Delteros as well as the main deck light bosses. You'll probably tribute Kuraz, OG Zaborg, or Majesty's (why?) and at worst you can have it nuke itself and make the opponent more main deck reliant.

Oh my god, this card is so hilarious. I want it now.

Yes, if you Tribute a LIGHT, you choose which cards get milled from each player's Extra.

Photon Sanctuary wants this card to be lulzier. Play Sanctuary, Tribute Tokens for this, blast itself, send half your opponent's Extra Deck to the Graveyard.

And a lot of conversion done in other mega monarchs' threads saying Zaborg cannot get mega form because there isn't a light Dragon Ruler or such, well I'm glad this trolled them in a good way. as long if you TS this card using Light monsters making the milling from opponent's extra Deck become selective, will grant you upper hand in a lot of ways.

And a lot of conversion done in other mega monarchs' threads saying Zaborg cannot get mega form because there isn't a light Dragon Ruler or such, well I'm glad this trolled them in a good way. as long if you TS this card using Light monsters making the milling from opponent's extra Deck become selective, will grant you upper hand in a lot of ways.

The reason for Zaborg was because it technically already has a Mega.

Anyways, this seems like a card that wins the Shaddoll Mirror. Trib Neph + Whatever or Majesty's Fiend, blow up their ED.

Oh my god, this card is so hilarious. I want it now.

Yes, if you Tribute a LIGHT, you choose which cards get milled from each player's Extra.

Photon Sanctuary wants this card to be lulzier. Play Sanctuary, Tribute Tokens for this, blast itself, send half your opponent's Extra Deck to the Graveyard.

[spoiler=This is bad right?]Sanctuary

SS Soldier

Add something good

Get Zaborg, zap Soldier, mill 5

Galaxy Zero the other monster if it was level 8, go R8 LIGHT

Galaxy Zero Soldier, get ready for more s*** next turn[/spoiler]

It only needs 3 cards, it's a fun thing I guess. I tried to end with something better but they either used more cards, needed another normal summon, or left you open. Idk, I know I didn't look through EVERYTHING.

I think Shadds actually have a hard time if you pull this off. Your own ED is also invaluable.

I mean, if you get rid of all of their Fusions monsters and just get rid of your other stuff, they're basically crippled, so I don't see how. You can even get an extra + off of dumping one of your own.

I mean, if you get rid of all of their Fusions monsters and just get rid of your other stuff, they're basically crippled, so I don't see how. You can even get an extra + off of dumping one of your own.

Why are you even running this card in Shaddolls?  Don't they have better, less gimmicky options to go into than this?

In a Herald Deck however, the Extra Deck mill can be useful for pitching Rainbows.

Why are you even running this card in Shaddolls?  Don't they have better, less gimmicky options to go into than this?

In a Herald Deck however, the Extra Deck mill can be useful for pitching Rainbows.

Because it absolutely wins the mirror and the deck tribute summons fairly frequently anyways? Like, I get that almost no one on this site has a f***ing clue about Dolls, but come on, at least realize they do summon tribute monsters a good bit, especially in the mirror.

Running it in Heralds seems much more gimmicky than Shaddolls, so

If we pretend everyone runs 3 Nephilim 2 Midrash 1 Egrystal 1 EARTH then you instantly make at least 6-7 cards in their deck dead, make Hedgehog's FLIP (temporarily) useless as Fusion and Roots can't do anything, and basically force them to play ultra defensively, which Shaddolls can't exactly do without their fusions. You also get to drop another Extra deck mon which will probably be Castel so they don't spin this.

That's how I'm reading this, please correct me if this is wrong.

Because it absolutely wins the mirror and the deck tribute summons fairly frequently anyways? Like, I get that almost no one on this site has a f***ing clue about Dolls, but come on, at least realize they do summon tribute monsters a good bit, especially in the mirror.

Running it in Heralds seems much more gimmicky than Shaddolls, so

500px-Watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-her

But, now I feel inspired to make Shadollnarchs.  Thanks Black!

So now I can run Miracle Synchro Fusion in my Monarch deck? Pop a rank 4, send Naturia Beast and Barkion and 2 other synchros(probably psychics) then MSF becomes a backup plan once your opponent kills your continuous spells(you can still set it because free draw off of pop.) 

I can dig that.

I don't think people are fathoming how truly broken this is against certain match-ups.

If you drop this against Shaddolls and get the secondary effect, you rip all of their win conditions at once. They cannot Falcon anything back because none of the Fusions were properly summoned. If you drop this against R4.dek and resolve it, they lose over half their toolbox. If you do this against Tellarknights in particular, they're up s*** creek, especially if using the Seraph engine.

Wait.... Since it was implied the Mega Monarchs embody the Dragon Rulers... What does Zaborg gain his powers from?
Also, since we have a LIGHT one now... I'm honestly scared to see what the future Mega Caius will be.

That's what I want to know. I'm looking through cards to distinguish what he gained. He now has two large red horns coming out of his pauldrons, but I can't think of any LIGHT Dragons with horns like that.

ZaborgtheThunderMonarch-BP01-EN-C-1E.png

Archived