MLP Deck

L853RCHU

• 2 weeks later...

I think you have made a good start at this set. I do not know if you intend to add cards, however I do know that there is plenty of material with which to gain inspiration. Overall your picture choice is not bad. Some of the backgrounds are plain, however that is something that can easily be reworked. So far the cards seem to be designed for milling and summoning, however they are not particularly strong, in my opinion. I have some recommendations that might help:

Your basic units have low power for their level. I do believe that all your Level 5's could be Level 4's, which would also make them easier to summon. I do agree that "Fluttershy" should have higher DEF than ATK, however "Pinkie Pie" and "Twilight Sparkle" should probably not have 0 DEF. For one thing, Pinkie is a high-level Toonforcer and low-level Reality Warper, meaning that she has defied gravity, zipped about faster than Dash, and appeared multiple times on the same screen. Between these and her extreme resilience (I don't think we've ever seen her with so much as a scratch) would imply high DEF. Similarly, Twilight has the set of standard defensive spells all wizards have, even at her starting level. Don't believe me? Her most grievous injuries have been from falling objects, which could be said to come from Pinkie. I also believe that Celestia's ATK should be slightly higher than Luna's.

Now, for particular fixes, please keep in mind that my own OCG needs work too. But I do believe I can help you improve your skills as well.

1. Fluttershy: When you Normal Summon this card, you can Special Summon 1 WINGED-BEAST-Type Monster Card from your hand.

2. Pinkie Pie: When you Normal Summon this card, you can Normal Summon 1 Level 4 or lower Monster Card from your hand: Change this card to Defense Position.

* Note the level stipulation, which would stop the player from Tribute Summoning using "Pinkie Pie" that turn. You also should not need the 'once per turn' stipulation since you can only use the effect when you Normal Summon "Pinkie Pie."

3. Celestia: When you Synchro Summon this card, Special Summon 1 WINGED-BEAST-Type Monster Card from your Graveyard. Once per turn you can discard 1 card from your hand to draw 3 cards from your Deck.

* Similarly, Luna. Come to think of it, they are very similar cards. Unless you make cards depending on both of them, and assuming you don't limit the number of named cards in a Deck the way I do, players might want to run multiple Celestias instead of a Celestia and a Luna.

4. Rainbow Dash: When you Normal Summon this card, you can Special Summon up to 2 more "Rainbow Dash" Monster Cards from your hand, Deck, or Graveyard.

* '3' is Luna. I can see from this card's effect that you don't limit named cards. This does bother me, to be honest, but only because I use my Unique system to prevent this sort of thing from happening.

5. Twilight Sparkle: When this card is [destroyed by battle] [destroyed by a card's effect] [sent to the Graveyard], banish all set [Spell] [Trap] Cards.

* In my opinion, having a card that can banish all your opponent's Spells and Traps is OP, plain and simple. What is worse is that "Twilight Sparkle" makes such a tempting target, with only 1400 ATK and no DEF. I believe you need to specify what is sending her to the Graveyard, and choose either Spells or Traps, or make it so all Spells and Traps get banished, not just those set by your opponent. And although Twilight does have a Failsafe Spell, it's not as if she was removed from the field to activate it. Or banished and then imprisoned in the place to which she was banished, as the case might be.

6. Ultimate Dashie: Small grammar fixes here, plus capitalization. Not a big deal.

7. 20% Cooler: So what does being a Level 6 do for Dash? Shouldn't you be raising her ATK instead. What are you planning for "Sonic Rainboom" and "Double Rainboom?"

8. Wonderbolts Academy: Seems fine, although maybe the boost is a bit low? Or compensated by the second effect. Hard to tell.

That's it for specifics. I'm looking forward to seeing how you let these cards work together (their synergy). One easy way to do this would be to create an archetype for the set, meaning that something like "MLP" would be in the name of each card. This way, if you have effects like "all other "MLP" Monster Cards you control gain 500 ATK" it can easily cover all the cards in the set.

I hope this helped. Good luck, and I look forward to seeing more.

• 7 months later...

Archived