[Leaderboard] Empoledom vs Scrooge (Scrooge wins)

-Dom-

No one else is making any, so...

Rules

All Leaderboard rules apply.
  • First to 3 votes or most votes by the deadline wins.
  • The winner gets a rep from the loser.
  • Voters are to explain their reasoning. Better-explained thought processes will receive reps.
  • Written cards are allowed. (Must be in written format, cards with blank pictures are not acceptable)
  • Remove any evidence of the card being made by you to ensure anonymity.
  • In case a downtime happens, the deadlines may be extended.
Deadlines
  • PM your cards within 48 hours after I accept the challenge.
  • Voters have 72 hours to vote once the cards are posted up.

Requirement -
Make a continuous Spell or Trap card that modifies the effects of monsters on the field

Card A

61w5nWd.jpg

When your opponent Special Summons a monster; for as long as that monster is face up on the field, it gains the following effect: "during each Standby Phase; pay 800 Life Points or destroy this card."

Card B

7eZPi2r.jpg

Activate only when a monster on the field is destroyed by battle. All face-up monsters on the field gain the following effect: "This card must attack if able. If this card attacks, destroy the attack target after damage calculation."

Vote away!

I vote for card A

card B just seems over powered to me, so long as you have more monster than your opponent you can wipe out their field, and once your outnumbered it will be very difficult to recover having "Activate only when a monster on the field is destroyed by battle" clause balances it out but it seems like to much

card A on the other hand seems like a very fair but still useful card, by making it specific to special summoned monster and by giving them the choice whether to destroy it or not.

but that is just my opinion

I'm not really sure about your vote. Firstly, Card B works for both players, so even if you are outnumbered as long as you can summon enough monsters (which moat decks today can do) then you can recover. As for Card A, you've ignored the damage part, which is more relevant as most of the time your opponent will take the 800; do you have any thoughts on this? Maybe provide a bit more reasoning as your vote decides this 1v1.

did I need touch on the 800 points part? it's pretty obvious and It would turn my argument into "this card is better because of its effect".

with regards to card b, all's you need to get over a beat stick is a couple of through away monsters and will instantly change the tide of the duel for what is next too no downside, it may work for your opponent as well but the you wouldn't use this on your opponents turn, you would first decimate their fields still leaving you with monsters, you'd emptying your opponent while simultaneously creating a wall on your side. it would be turning the game into 'who can swarm faster'

is that better?

Archived