Golden Heralds

Exodia_1

Okay, so this is my first attempt at a realistic deck, so any legitimate criticism would be greatly appreciated. I know the idea of a deck themed around Greco/Roman Gods isn't that original, but I have tried to make it as interesting and as balanced as I can. I will update as regularly as I can with new cards, depending on how long it takes me to figure how to post them :P.

[spoiler=Monsters] U47yied.jpgFqHOhCN.jpgQCLpvnz.jpgGk3kbRS.jpgtKrQNVR.jpgLTKVa1e.jpg  Y0dFxEd.jpg  Q30V54r.jpgj6XD4Fy.jpg oUnWMGt.jpg aMbNCbM.jpghFe4tZn.jpg HIueycR.jpg p8L4XVq.jpg iL2ku4i.jpgeXWc3tt.jpg  i3K5qLh.jpg     wICO1nZ.jpg cVuuIfl.jpg[/spoiler]   [spoiler=Spells]  sP7F0z9.jpg  3s6R1gW.jpg JELgebt.jpg gEhTkGc.jpg GyK3oOG.jpg Hm5Ubst.jpg[/spoiler]   [spoiler=Traps]i95ijNR.jpggoPhs6y.jpg  nHha3E8.jpg oCxsqIg.jpg iygI94p.jpg HUqdNnd.jpg[/spoiler]       [spoiler=Extra Deck]SvJnvo6.jpg  VXrobQb.jpg  0pF0Wu4.jpg[/spoiler]

You might want to use this guide: http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/229491-posting-your-cards/

It explains it better than what I've already explained.

In the meantime though, if you can't post pictures; you're always free to put them in Written format for the time being.

Just layer it like this (you're not required to format it exactly like it, but use as a guide)

Card name

Level or Rank | Pendulum Scales | Attribute | Type | Subtype 1 | Subtype 2

Lore (card effect/description)

ATK | DEF

I think it good all around. In my Greek archetype is just that it uses Greek names while yours uses their roman names. But also keep in mind if your going for historical that the Romans did drop some gods from the Greek mythology and other gods took their place for example, Helios was god of the sun in Greek mythology while Apollo was the God Music and Medicine but during the Roman empire Helios was cut out and Apollo took over as the God of the Sun as well as Music and Medicine. Also While the Greeks revered and respected Poseidon and he was in the upper echelons 2nd behind Zeus, During Roman times he was feared and almost seen with scorn he was lower in ranking than most of the other gods. So in a "Roman" deck he would actually be a weaker monster than if he was in a "Greek".  But other than that you archetype seems to good to me. They are even some gods and creatures i forgot about. Also I would like to see Romulus and Lupa (maybe Remus as well) in here as well for they were some of the central charterers in Roman Myth. Romulus as the founder of Rome and Lupa was the She-wolf who rasied him and his brother (Remus).

Thanks for the feedback, although if I am being honest, I wasn't really going for as in-depth on the history as you did with your  archetype; I was just basing the cards on the Gods as a functioning card set. Then again, I should really have put Lupa and/or Romulus and Remus in. I like how detailed your card set is on the history though, it must have taken a lot of time to make.  :D

Thanks for the feedback, although if I am being honest, I wasn't really going for as in-depth on the history as you did with your  archetype; I was just basing the cards on the Gods as a functioning card set. Then again, I should really have put Lupa and/or Romulus and Remus in. I like how detailed your card set is on the history though, it must have taken a lot of time to make.  :D

Not really I've been Studying Roman and Greek mythology since the 5th grade so i know most of the stuff but a refresher never hurts every once in while. And its fine if you dont want to go as in-depth as i do with mine as long as the decks good the effects match the monsters and the theme is right then history doesnt need to play a part in it. And your deck is all of those. :)

Archived