[Finished][SCS 6] Pop Culture Contest [Not Accepting | Judging Phase]

Welcome to the 6th installment of the Sakura Contest Series.

This time around, I've decided to make a slightly more relaxed contest than what the previous five SCS have been set to do. You all have those favorite characters from series that you read/watch/play and so on. Ever wanted to show them off? Now's your chance to do so.

Requirement

Create a card based on a Pop Culture (PC) character of your choosing. It's that simple.

Deadline

August 15th, 2014 @ 11:00 pm HST (Hawai'i Standard Time, GMT -10)

If you need help determining what time it'll be in your area when deadline hits, use this converter. (Select USA - Hawaii - Honolulu in the "convert to" area). To make things easier on you, cards should be in by 11:00 pm in your own timezones to avoid confusion.

[spoiler=Rules]

1. Card must be based on a Pop Culture character (i.e. Pokemon, Naruto, Marvel, Bleach, One Piece, Tekken, Smash Bros, MLP, etc). Other cards will be rejected.

You are allowed to have your cards support existing Archetypes/series in the real game if that's what you desire.

You are allowed to create cards based on characters from other card games [i.e. Cardfight Vanguard, MtG, etc.]

2. Entries must be your own. If you are caught using someone else's entry, you'll be DQed (and possibly warned for ripping).

If your card is being used w/out permission, please PM me with proof.

3. Post your card lore underneath the card. It makes it easier for the judges & myself to read the effects, correct OCG and show any such corrections if you request us to do so. (Just copy/paste the card lore from the generator, and you will not need to manually type it a second time).

4. Written Cards are allowed. I know it's difficult to find suitable pictures at times, so that's why I don't grade on them. If you enter a Written Card, it has to be text; no using the cardmaker to post a picture-less card. (Though since you're basing your card on a Pop Culture character, there should be some pictures that can be used).

5. Check over your card before submitting it (OCG/grammar, card stats/effect). If you need to fix OCG or your spelling, do it before deadline because you will get point deduction if mistakes are found.

6. Entries should be new, but you can use old stuff if you need to. Just note that you won't improve if you keep reusing stuff.

7. Use card types, Attributes, ATK/DEF that exist in the actual TCG/OCG. Fake Types/Attributes/stats are not allowed. There shouldn't be much reason to deviate from the 23 legal Types in the game; your character should be able to fit into one of them.

8. As this section emphasizes making quality cards, entries are expected to have some degree of effort put into designing them. Blatantly OPed cards and/or ones that lack any noticeable effort will not be accepted.

9. If you make cards outside of the YCM generator (Yugico, MSE, self template, w/e), make sure that you are able to link to them on the front page. It's advisable you make the card here since it's easier to post your card. In the case of Pendulums, use Tinypic or w/e image host you use to upload the cards. DO NOT use attachments.

9. Minor fixes, such as spelling/OCG fixes will be allowed; but you must announce any changes made to the card in this thread.

10. Unless you plan to enter / help with the judging or ask about contest-related things, please don't post in this thread.

11. If you make cards outside of the YCM generator (Yugico, MSE, self template, w/e), make sure that you are able to link to them on the front page. It's advisable you make the card here since it's easier to post your card. In the case of Pendulums, use Tinypic or w/e image host you use to upload the cards. DO NOT use attachments.

12. Regular YCM Rules apply. [/spoiler]

Location Guide

Entries: Post #3

Entry Fee

None

Prizes

1st -  400 points + 3 reps + Champion prize

2nd - 300 points + 2 reps + 2nd place prize

3rd - 200 points + 1 rep + 3rd place prize

4th - 100 points + 4th place prize

5th - 5th place prize [since we have 20+ confirmed entries]

(Note: Point prizes will be directly added to your profiles once contest finishes [I have the power to manually edit points if necessary])

[spoiler=Participants]

If your name is in bold, you submitted an entry.

1. Gadjiltron

2. Generaxxius

3. dizzyshot

4. krakonfour

5. Electric Wizard

6. I Hate Snatch Steal

7. Fire Fist Moralltach

8. outlaw1994

9. MiniCrat

10. Philemon

11. Chaos Sonic

12. Dramatic Crossroads

13. Divine Sword Excalibur

14. Trap Kirito

15. Talim Rave

16. Aqua Hina

17. ShootingStardust

18. Qliphoth Tool

19. TEM 23

20. Le Reptile

21. maxus1576

22. Kamishiro Ryoga

23. RenèTCG

24. Dracoswag

25. BertyColossal

26. Tyretian

27. guthixman540

[/spoiler]

Judges

1. Sakura

2. Duel Emperor

Because there are [high] point prizes involved in this contest, I shall be requesting the assistance of 1-2 members to help with the judging. Make sure you have passed the Card Making Examination and are allowed to judge/host contests.

If you wish to help with the judging, simply apply and post your grading criteria. Keep in mind that I will confirm with .Saber if you've passed/failed the exam [if name isn't on the list].

Grading

Sakura [50]

Balance/Design [20] - Is said card broken in tandem with other existing things? If this were made into a real card, would it require a nerf?

Creativity [15] - Is this something that's been overdone or a new concept? How well did you adapt the effect to its counterpart?

OCG [10] - How well have you written your card's effect in accordance with Konami's PSCT writing? Did you spell words properly and abided by the rules of standard English? (Or in short form, how well can your effect be understood?)

Theme [5] - Did you obey all of the instructions (make a Pop Culture Card and abide by the standards that Konami has set)

Duel Emperor [50]

Balance/Design [20]

Creativity [20]

Theme [10]

[spoiler=Prizes]

Sample prizes from SCS 5; if you haven't picked your prizes from here, you may do so here.

DxWEWDj.png

rxyHIAV.png

cPvdFWs.png

Mq3o9OZ.png

RjvM1qP.png[/spoiler]

As usual, ask if you have any questions related to contest rules, requirements and so forth.

Best of luck and have fun creating your cards!

I look forward to seeing what you can come up with.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright, I'll add your name to the list.

EDIT: Will now be used for keeping entries.

[spoiler=dizzyshot]

xGGL6zs.jpg

When a monster is Special Summoned to your opponent side of the field you can pay 500 life points in order to destroy the Special Summoned monster. Your opponent cannot Special Summon another monster the turn this card is activated. [/spoiler]

[spoiler=I Hate Snatch Steal]

VK0LiUo.jpg

When your opponent activates a Spell Card, you can activate this effect: They can discard 1 card to negate this effect, otherwise negate the activation of their Spell Card, and if you do, destroy it. This effect can be used only once while this card is face-up on the field. During the End Phase, if this card destroyed a monster by battle this turn: You can send this face-up card to the Graveyard; Special Summon 1 "Kratos Aurion LV6" from your hand, Deck, or Graveyard.

Reference for the negation effect:

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Magic_Drain

Reasoning for abilities/stats:

Stats:

He fights with a sword, shield, and occasionally basic offensive magic, need I say more?

Effects:

Kratos is a very cunning character. He anticipates the actions and motives of other characters and reacts accordingly many times throughout tales of symphonia, thus the disruptive effect to whatever your opponent is planning.

IQ2aez4.jpg

Once per turn: you can discard 1 card, then target 1 face-up card your opponent controls; destroy that target. When your opponent activates a Spell/Trap Card, you can activate this effect: They can discard 1 card to negate this effect, otherwise negate the activation of their Spell/Trap Card, and if you do, destroy it. This effect can be used only once while this card is face-up on the field. During the End Phase, if this card destroyed a monster by battle this turn: You can send this face-up card to the Graveyard; Special Summon 1 "Kratos Aurion LV8" from your hand, Deck, or Graveyard.

Stats:

He fights with a sword and shield, need I say more? (Offensive magic is now part of his effect)

Effects:

Just like is LV4 form, Kratos is a very cunning character. He anticipates the actions and motives of other characters and reacts accordingly many times throughout tales of symphonia, thus the disruptive effect to whatever your opponent is planning.

At this point Kratos has learned some offensive spells (technically I could have put those on LV4 as well but I didn't for card balance reasons), thus the destructive effect.

rKubh9J.jpg

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned by "Kratos Aurion LV6", and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. Once per turn: you can target 1 card your opponent controls; destroy that target. You can destroy all monsters your opponent controls and inflict 300 damage to your opponent for each card destroyed this way. This effect can be used only once while this card is face-up on the field and you cannot conduct your Battle Phase this turn it is activated. Once per turn, the next time your opponent activates a spell/trap card, your opponent must discard 1 card to activate that card.

Reference for the spell/trap related effect

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Clear_World

Stats:

He fights with a sword and shield, need I say more? (Offensive magic is now part of his effect)

Effects:

Just like is LV4 and LV6 form, Kratos is a very cunning character. He anticipates the actions and motives of other characters and reacts accordingly many times throughout tales of symphonia, thus the disruptive effect to whatever your opponent is planning.

At this point Kratos has learned some offensive spells (technically I could have put those on LV4 as well but I didn't for card balance reasons), thus the destructive effect. The last effect is in reference to Kratos's last skill that he learns late in the game, I don't want to spoil it here but it hits all enemies, hard.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Philemon]

t6eFk80.jpg

Activate only if you have (exactly) 1 Machine-Type Monster on your side of the field while you have less Life Points than your opponent. That monster cannot be destroyed this turn; destroy any monster that battles with it after damage calculation and inflict damage to your opponent equal to its ATK.

I knew this card would come in handy one day. OK not really, but I still like it.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=krakonfour]

I didn't know we could post multiple cards...

[Spoiler=The card]ZAeNapL.jpg[/spoiler]

[Spoiler=Card Text]

[Blank]

Quick-play Spell.

When your opponent activates a card effect OR summons a monster: Target 1 face-up monster you control and 1 card your opponent controls; negate their effects. This turn, that monster can attack your opponent directly.[/spoiler]

[Spoiler=Blank from No Game No Life]

As I watched the show, I realized that the greatest strength of [Blank], the team formed by Sora and Shiro, is their ability to negate the advantages their opponents have (negate effects), and attack the weakspots for a win (direct attack) after formulating a strategy. Most of their strategies are based upon observing the opponent's moves and responding to them (When your opponent activates a card effect OR summons a monster).[/spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler=generaxxius]

xy7TZee.jpg

Lore: This card cannot be destroyed by card effects. When this card is summoned, you can target 1 monster you control (except this card) and 1 monster your opponent controls: both targets will gain 700 ATK but lose 400 DEF. Both targets cannot declare an attack. When a card effect targets one of the targets, flip a coin. When you call it right, destroy the first target. When you call it wrong, destroy the second target. When one of the targets is destroy either by a card effect or by battle, the opposing target can now declare an attack. There can be only 1 "The Great Detective- Conan" on the field.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Excalibur]

hdPZqQp.jpg

Lore:

If you control 2 or more face-up monsters, you can Special Summon this card from your hand. Once per turn, you can place one Sword Counter on this card. If this card destroys a monster by battle and sends it to the Graveyard: Place 3 Sword Counters on this card. You can remove Sword Counters from this card to activate the following effects:
•1 Counter: Increase this card's attack by 500 until the End Phase.
•2 Counters: This card cannot be destroyed by battle until your next Standby Phase.
•3 Counters: Decrease the attack of all face-up monsters your opponent controls by 1000. This card cannot attack the turn you activate this effect.
•4 Counters: This turn, after this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle: This card can attack once again in a row.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Trap Kirito]

SZPDRK6.jpg

You can discard this card to the Graveyard to add 1 Fairy Type Monster with 2000 or less ATK from your deck to your hand. If this card is on the field and your opponent controls 1 or more monster(s), this card cannot attack.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Talim Rave]

I realize you are sick of seeing Pokemon cards, but this one's a little different from the others on here.

FrozenGrovyle_zps81339cc2.jpg

Text: This card is also treated as a Plant-type monster. If 1 or more cards on your side of the field would be removed from play by your opponent's card effect, you may remove this card instead. If you do, negate the effect and remove the card from play.

Explaination: This particular Grovyle is from the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon series, specifically the Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky games. He travelled from a future where time itself has literally frozen. The sun never rises, plants do not grow, water does not run. The only things that seem unaffected by time freezing seems to be the various Pokemon, though they are affected in a slightly-different way, never appearing to age. His effect reflects a particular event that happens in the games, where he literally wrestles a Dusknoir that's trying to stop him and two others from preventing time's halt and pushing both himself and the Dusknoir through a portal that was opened by the Ghost Pokemon to keep it from interfering further.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Aqua]

I have to say that making a PC card with RC standard is not easy, anyway I'll join this and go with 1 of my favorite character from Spring.

5Tt3vwA.jpg

This card can attack your opponent directly and can attack while it is in face-up Defense Position. While you control another monster, this card cannot be targeted by your opponent's card effects. This card gains 700 ATK and DEF during your opponent's turn. This card gains 400 DEF (max. 1200) and an additional attack per turn (max. 3) for each Machine-Type monster you control.

[spoiler='Trivia']

Info

Well, Tina's a Model Owl initiator, so I thought Winged Beast fit her more than Warrior or any other types. Her 1st and 2nd effect represented her battle style that mainly used long-range sniper [Direct Attack] while already set up her defense pretty well [Defensing attack] and while fought alongside her comrade, she always supported them without being spotted by enemy [Target immunity]. The 3rd effect represented her nocturnal behavior that granted her more confidence and ability during the night time [Opponent's turn], and the last effect was made from how Tina utilized her bits [Machine-Type] named Shenfields during the battle that had given her more attacking option and defensive plan. However she can use only 3 bits at a time.

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Chaos Sonic]

Reduce the world you know to ashes! APOCALYPTIC FLAME!!

GMbNXuL.jpg

[spoiler=Dragonic Overlord]

This card can attack all face-up monsters your opponent controls one each. If this card attacks or is attacked, your opponent takes no Battle Damage. During your End Phase: Inflict 600 points of damage to your opponent for each face-up monster that this card battled.

[/spoiler]

Inspiration

For starters, as you can see the biggest key factor of inspiration came forth from CardFight!! Vanguard's Kagero unit: Dragonic Overlord. The effect, I made sure to attempt to base it off of the actual card's effect, which is "When this unit's attack hits an opponent's rear-guard: Stand this unit". In short, it is allowed to attack again and again. Now for a monster effect similar to this, I went with basing it off of E-HERO Neos Knight and Ally of Justice Thousand Arms. However, for the inflicting damage to your opponent portion of the effect, that I took and allowed it to pay homage to the 6 damage your opponent would receive in the game of CF!!V.

Intended Idea

As you can see, Dragonic Overlord cannot truly do Battle Damage to your opponent by the normal attacking. That is where the effect of D.O. comes in handy! Now, like the TCG and anime, Dragonic Overlord is able to stand and attack again if it hits an opponent's rear-guard successfully, and because of that it will be able to remove a full field of monsters...paving the way for your other monsters to go on an all out assault. However, the last effect also comes in: inflicting damage on your End Phase. With this, you are allowed to do 600 damage by how many monsters your opponent controls. In a hypothetical situation, if your opponent controls five monsters, then at the end of your turn, thanks to D.O.'s effect, you will have successfully dealt 3000 damage to your opponent.

Card Art

The card art is the official Dragonic Overlord art, gotten from the CardFight!! Vanguard wikia page in this unit's gallery.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Dramatic Crossroads]

11i0rb7.jpg

Hisoka The Magician (DARK)

Level 5

[Warrior/Effect] 

This card is also treated as a Spellcaster-Type monster. This card gains 100 ATK and DEF for each card in your hand. This card cannot attack an Attack Position monster whose ATK is 1900 or less. When this card attacks a monster whose ATK is higher than this card's ATK; this card gains 400 ATK until the End Phase. If this card destroys a monster by battle; decrease this card's ATK by 400 until the End Phase.

ATK/ 1950 |  DEF/ 1450 

Explanation: 

The effects of the cards are solely based on Hisoka's personality and only a bit on his actual skills, which are unique and deadly, but harder to compare to the Yu-Gi-Oh! power scale. 1st part is adding a second type, because Hisoka, while being a skilled figher can and will use tricks and shenanigans that might look like magic to most people. My initial idea was him actually being fiend type, with warrior as secondary option, but scrapped the idea, because it reminded me too much of The Fiend Megacyber (which is neither fiend neither machine/cyber),

Next one - ATK gain linked to hand card quantity, because (as you can see on the artwork) he uses cards as his main weapon. So on, the attack restriction is a reference to his lack of interest in those weaker than him, he'll refuse to fight anyone unless there's a challenge involved, in which Hisoka can enjoy himself. Next part is a bit tricky - attacking someone relatively stronger will give him an "edge", thus the ATK increase. Last effect, after destroying (killing) an enemy, his bloodlust levels will drop.

The image is heavily edited by me, had to add a sinister aura, plus the Bungee-Gum aura on the cards and a dark glow on the card name

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=MiniCrat]

5LUe8dD.jpg

When this card is Normal Summoned: You can discard 2 Spell/Trap cards; add 1 Normal Spell/Trap card from your Graveyard to your hand. That card or card with the same name cannot be used during this turn. You can only use this effect once per Duel. If this card is destroyed (either by battle or by a card effect): You can banish 2 Normal Spell/Trap Cards from your Graveyard to Special Summon this card in face-up Defense Position. You can only gain this effect of "Goku-The Super Saiyan God" once per turn.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Le Reptile]

Entering.

jXLhep5.jpg

You can Special Summon this card by tributing 1 level 6 or higher Insect-type monster you control. This card is also treated as an Insect-type monster. If your opponent controls no face-up Attack Position monsters: This card can attack your opponent directly. Once per turn, you can destroy 1 face-up monster with less DEF than this card's ATK. If you do: This card cannot declare an attack this turn. When this card declare an attack, you can return this card to your hand after Damage Calculations. If you do: Special Summon 1 monster from your hand.

~~~~~~

[SPOILER=Lore Explanation] The first effect of Special Summoning it isn't very useful for Machine based decks, which I think can use this card much more than Insect ones, although I could be mistaken. Anyways, it's to kind of reflect Genesect's lore - pretty much Team Plasma made some old predator pokemon into a robot with a giant cannon. The attacking directly effect is to reflect Extreme Speed. I was going to make it a attack 2-times kind of deal, but iirc Extreme Speed is reflecting the weird car mode it has in the movie or something. Either way, an attacking directly effect made more sense to me than a double attack one. The destruction effect is based off Techno Blast, which is actually kind of hard to base off things due to me not being able to add Drives to it, so I made it a generic destruction effect because its a huge blast. The last effect is reflecting U-Turn, which is a move that is extremely notable on it competitively, as it is one of the main reasons why its so good in the actual games. The effect itself I think is kind of unique as well, and its pretty cool, especially considering that it's not that strong sitting at 2600.[/SPOILER]

[/SPOILER]

[spoiler=Gadjiltron]

Hey, remember my Contrarian Fiend from One Sentence Horrors?

Same person.

Q7qKsLf.jpg

[spoiler Card Text]You can only activate the effect of "Seija Kijin" once per turn. During either player's Main Phase: You can activate 1 of these effects.
*Target 1 face-up monster on the field; change that target to face-down Defense Position.
*Target 1 face-down monster on the field; change that target to face-up Attack Position.
*Target 1 face-up monster on the field; switch its current ATK and DEF until the end of this turn.[/spoiler]

As with many other Touhou Stage 5 bosses, Seija has a notorious gimmick that makes up her difficulty. Hers? Flipping things over. Yes, that includes your interface and controls. It was expressed in Contrarian Fiend as an aggressive spin on Book of Eclipse, and now with Seija being a proper monster with no one-sentence limitations, I can express her tide-turning abilities to the fullest. Flipping things up or down gives her great utility in either disrupting plays or enabling Flip Effects, in addition to putting most large beaters in a more vulnerable position, or exploiting loopholes in Fusilier and friends. Stat-switching also deters attacks or lets her beat face with a decent 1900 ATK.

With so much utility at instant speed, I've had to strap on some sort of restriction to prevent her from being Book of Everything, even with a once-per-turn-per-copy restriction. Hence the Main Phase restriction to prevent her from being an ever-persistent combat trick.

Seija may not be very good in the bullet spam department, but she certainly makes up for it by disorienting her opponents in combat.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Fire Fist Moralltach]

f0Zjn0z.jpg

This card cannot be Special Summoned. Once per turn: Target 1 face-up Xyz, Synchro or Fusion monster on your side of the field; send that target to the Graveyard. Each time this card destroys a monster by battle: You can target 1 card on the field for each monster sent to the Graveyard by this card's effect; destroy it. When this card is sent to the Graveyard by a card effect: Shuffle this card to the Deck instead of sending it to the Graveyard.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Shooting Stardust]

a91nuQm.jpg

1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters

Once per turn, during either player`s Battle Phase, this card can attack your opponent directly (Half the battle damage inflicted to your opponent i you use this cards effect during their Battle Phase). During your opponent's Main Phase: You can Synchro Summon using this face-up card you control as a Synchro Material Monster.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Qliphoth Tool]

AajjTad.jpg

Lore:

You can Special Summon this card (from your hand) during your Battle Phase in which a card(s) you control was destroyed by your opponent's card (either by battle or by card effect). You can only Special Summon 1 "Strike Freedom Gundam" once per turn this way. When this card attacks or is attacked, it is unaffected by other card effects. Once per turn, during either player's Battle Phase: You can discard 1 card; have this card declare an attack on 1 monster your opponent controls.

Well, the Summoning Condition is obviously adapted from how Kira got SF when Freedom was destroyed. In combat, SF is very fast and skillful so that it can avoid attacks from every direction, and that why it's unaffected by other card effects when battling, the last effect also represented its agility. Ruling-wise, if you activate this effect during your own BP, it's treated as an additional attack and you can normally attack before or after used it.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=TEM 23]

rapacious_tyrantrum_by_batmed-d7t7uqp.pn

**Effect**
2 Level 8 monsters
Once per turn During either Player's Standby Phase: You can detach 1 Xyz material from this card and declare an Attribute. This card’s Attribute becomes the declared Attribute until the End Phase. At the start of the Damage Step, if this card battles a monster that has the same attribute as this card; send that monster to the graveyard (without Damage Calculation). If this card has no Xyz materials; Negate its effects.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=maxus1576]

Might as well.

opCPAqU.jpg

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned (from your hand) when a LIGHT and DARK monster you control is destroyed by an opponent's card effect, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. When this card is Special Summoned: Banish all other cards on the field; this card's original ATK and DEF becomes equal to the number of cards banished by this effect x400. If your opponent does not control a LIGHT or DARK monster, neither player can activate Spell Cards. When this card is removed from the field: You can add 1 "Black Luster Soldier" monster from your Deck to your hand. 

Based on http://duelmasters.wikia.com/wiki/Alcadeias_D,_Lord_of_Dragon_Spirits, from, of course,  Duel Masters. My main idea was to use 2/3 of it's effects in Yugioh form. The Evolution and Spell restriction seemed to be the best route. Also thought that a BLS support card would be cool. A bit over-powered but I think it works.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Electric]

This is probably going to be the most overpowered card in this contest. Honestly, I don't care.

4mciTPk.jpg

1 DARK Tuner + 1 WATER non-Tuner monster + 1 FIRE non-Tuner monster
You can only use 1 "Nicol Bolas, Planeswalker" effect per turn, and only once that turn. Increase this card's Level by 3; destroy a Spell/Trap card on the field. Decrease this card's Level by 2, then target 1 monster your opponent controls; take control of that monster. Decrease this card's Level by 9; Inflict 3000 Damage to your opponent, then, your opponent discards 6 cards, then sends 6 cards they control to the Graveyard.

[spoiler=Based On]

199.jpg

[/spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler=Kamishiro Ryoga]

if there is still a spot i'll join

]7JNcJqm.jpg

Lore:
Once per turn, During either Player's Turn: You can Target 1 monster your opponent control; Until the End Phase, the targeted monster lose 500 ATK, this card's ATK is halved and is cannot be destroyed by battle.When this card attacks or  is attacked: You can banish this card; Special Summon number of "Haunt Tokens" (Fiend-Type/DARK/Level 6/ATK 1100/DEF 1000) up to number of monsters your opponent control.During the End Phase you activate this effect, If you still control a "Haunt Tokens": Destroy all "Haunt Tokens" you control, then return this card Banished by this effect to the field. You can only activate 1 effect of "Mercurial the Spectre" per turn, and only once that turn.[/spoiler]

/spoiler]

[spoiler=ReneTCG]

YHvUSov.jpg

Effect: When this card battles a Fiend-Type or Spellcaster-Type monster, it gains 400 ATK during Damage Calculation only. If you control a Dragon-Type monster: Once per turn, you can discard 1 card to target 1 face-up Spell card on the field; destroy that target.

[spoiler='Explaination']

Eragon is best known for killing a Shade (a kind of evil shadow wizard), as well as combating dark conjurations of said Shade (known as the Ra'zaac, which, believe me, look like a few Fiend-types out there). This explains the attack boost given to the card when battling Spellcasters and Fiends.

Eragon is also a Dragon Rider, and as such, gains the effect of Spell destruction while a Dragon-Type is under your control. This is another nod to the Shadeslayer part of Eragon's history.

[/spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler=BertyColossal]

Eqg4jCT.jpg

1 Tuner + 1 or more non Tuner Synchro Material.

If 4 or more monsters on your side of the field were destroyed by battle this turn and sent to the Graveyard; you may banish the destroyed monsters to Special Summon this card from the Extra Deck or Graveyard. For every monster you banished to summon this monster, this card gains 300 Attack,[/spoiler]

[spoiler=outlaw]

GH7yLoL.jpg

This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned by Tributing 1 Fiend-Type monster on the Field. You cannot Normal Summon the turn this card was Summoned. This card cannot be destroyed by battle or card effects. At the start of the Damage Step, if this card battles a DARK monster: Destroy that monster. This card gains 200 ATK for each DARK monster in either Graveyard. You can destroy all cards on your opponent's Field and if you do this card effects are negated and its ATK and DEF become 0.  You can only use this effect of "Ichigo Kurosaki" once per Duel.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Tyretian]

Ewdkg9c.jpg

You can only control 1 "Asterix, the Indomitable Gaul". During your Main Phase, if you control a face-up Spellcaster-Type monster and your opponent controls 2 or more face-up monsters, you can discard 1 card; this card's original ATK becmes 3000 until the End Phase of this turn.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=guthixman540]

nKFWl2Y.jpg

Lore - While this card is face-up on the field it is also DARK. Up to thirce per duel you can add 1 Equip Spell card from you deck to your hand. Once per turn you can send an Equip card equipped to this card to the graveyard to destroy 1 card on the field.[/spoiler]

Since I have read the Card Making Guide by Aix for the first time (all of it), I think I can make this contest as a test for me if I can improve myself more. This challenge do contain lots of fun and also hard to think about. Can give me some payback for my absence of 3 days because of that evil fever but from now, I think I can get myself back to yugioh mood :), I JOIN

Being their is no Entry Fee I'll join in. Would it be alright to use a card from one of my existing set's in the Pop Culture Section? I haven't released the card so until this get's answered I won't, but if I can then I'll release the card and enter if it's alright with Judges.

Since I have read the Card Making Guide by Aix for the first time (all of it), I think I can make this contest as a test for me if I can improve myself more. This challenge do contain lots of fun and also hard to think about. Can give me some payback for my absence of 3 days because of that evil fever but from now, I think I can get myself back to yugioh mood :), I JOIN

Alright.

Being their is no Entry Fee I'll join in. Would it be alright to use a card from one of my existing set's in the Pop Culture Section? I haven't released the card so until this get's answered I won't, but if I can then I'll release the card and enter if it's alright with Judges.

Yeah, you're allowed to do it if we haven't seen it yet.

Though I'm technically the only one judging this right now.

Before I submit my card in your rules after #8 it says "It is advisable that you try to explain how your card's effect is supposed to correlate to the character you based it on." So do you want an explanation to why the effect, ATK/DEF, Level, and Attribute are set where they are? I only ask because being the first contest that I've ever submitted myself into I would like to make sure I don't miss read something. 

What I mean is that in case you're using an obscure Pop Culture character, might want to explain the abilities you chose to convey in the card and what you tried to do. 

It's not a requirement though, but just as a suggestion.

Should take that one out; also should note that cards will be graded on RC-level principles. Remember that the CC mods (including me) are working on setting a universal standard for stuff (and getting the quality of cards in here to go up).

[spoiler=Submission]

xGGL6zs.jpg

Wired Warehouse

Lore: When a monster is Special Summoned to your opponent side of the field you can pay 500 life points in order to destroy the Special Summoned monster. Your opponent cannot Special Summon another monster the turn this card is activated. 

[/spoiler]

Nope, you're free to join, regardless of whether or not you entered previous ones. It's something like a mini Leaderboard.

As for the other question, I would prefer it if you stuck to one card as it's easier for judges to grade; but that's fine if you try to do a level-up thing. Just keep it to no more than 2-3 cards.

(Those of you entering Pokemon cards or any other character that goes through an evolution/grow-up phase, you can just post their final form if you want to; no need to go through the whole story/evo line)

I'm in!

Art is from screen shots I took personally.

[spoiler='entry']

VK0LiUo.jpg

When your opponent activates a Spell Card, you can activate this effect: They can discard 1 card to negate this effect, otherwise negate the activation of their Spell Card, and if you do, destroy it. This effect can be used only once while this card is face-up on the field. During the End Phase, if this card destroyed a monster by battle this turn: You can send this face-up card to the Graveyard; Special Summon 1 "Kratos Aurion LV6" from your hand, Deck, or Graveyard.

Stats:

He fights with a sword, shield, and occasionally basic offensive magic, need I say more?

Effects:

Kratos is a very cunning character. He anticipates the actions and motives of other characters and reacts accordingly many times throughout tales of symphonia, thus the disruptive effect to whatever your opponent is planning.

IQ2aez4.jpg

Once per turn: you can discard 1 card, then target 1 face-up card your opponent controls; destroy that target. When your opponent activates a Spell/Trap Card, you can activate this effect: They can discard 1 card to negate this effect, otherwise negate the activation of their Spell/Trap Card, and if you do, destroy it. This effect can be used only once while this card is face-up on the field. During the End Phase, if this card destroyed a monster by battle this turn: You can send this face-up card to the Graveyard; Special Summon 1 "Kratos Aurion LV8" from your hand, Deck, or Graveyard.

Stats:

Effects:

Just like is LV4 form, Kratos is a very cunning character. He anticipates the actions and motives of other characters and reacts accordingly many times throughout tales of symphonia, thus the disruptive effect to whatever your opponent is planning.

At this point Kratos has learned some offensive spells (technically I could have put those on LV4 as well but I didn't for card balance reasons), thus the destructive effect.

rKubh9J.jpg

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned by "Kratos Aurion LV6", and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. Once per turn: you can target 1 card your opponent controls; destroy that target. You can destroy all monsters your opponent controls and inflict 300 damage to your opponent for each card destroyed this way. This effect can be used only once while this card is face-up on the field and you cannot conduct your Battle Phase this turn it is activated. Once per turn, the next time your opponent activates a spell/trap card, your opponent must discard 1 card to activate that card.

Stats:

Effects:

Just like is LV4 and LV6 form, Kratos is a very cunning character. He anticipates the actions and motives of other characters and reacts accordingly many times throughout tales of symphonia, thus the disruptive effect to whatever your opponent is planning.

At this point Kratos has learned some offensive spells (technically I could have put those on LV4 as well but I didn't for card balance reasons), thus the destructive effect. The last effect is in reference to Kratos's last skill that he learns late in the game, I don't want to spoil it here but it hits all enemies, hard.

[/spoiler]

I'm in!

Art is from screen shots I took personally.

[spoiler='entry']

VK0LiUo.jpg

Stats:

Effects:

IQ2aez4.jpg

Stats:

Effects:

t92ovwb.jpg

Once per turn: you can target 1 card your opponent controls; destroy that target. You can destroy all monsters your opponent controls and inflict 300 damage to your opponent for each card destroyed this way. This effect can be used only once while this card is face-up on the field and you cannot conduct your Battle Phase this turn it is activated. The first time your opponent activates a spell/trap card each turn, your opponent must  discard 1 card to activate that card.

Stats:

Effects:

[/spoiler]

Adding entry to list.

I'll join

Very well.

I will join too.

Entry: f0Zjn0z.jpg

This card cannot be Special Summoned. Once per turn: Target 1 face-up Xyz, Synchro or Fusion monster on your side of the field; send that target to the Graveyard. Each time this card destroys a monster by battle: You can target 1 card on the field for each monster sent to the Graveyard by this card's effect; destroy it. When this card is sent to the Graveyard by a card effect: Shuffle this card to the Deck instead of sending it to the Graveyard.

Will Join this.

5LUe8dD.jpg

When this card is Normal Summoned: You can discard 2 Spell/Trap cards; add 1 Normal Spell/Trap card from your Graveyard to your hand. That card or card with the same name cannot be used during this turn. You can only use this effect once per Duel. If this card is destroyed (either by battle or by a card effect): You can banish 2 Normal Spell/Trap Cards from your Graveyard to Special Summon this card in face-up Defense Position. You can only gain this effect of "Goku-The Super Saiyan God" once per turn.

Archived