my own CCG (Chaos Card Battles)

NeoRWBY65

As of the most recent post on this topic, here are the rules.

Rules

-------

.Starting hand is 6 cards

.Starting life total is 40 life.

. Monsters Have three stats Attack/Speed/Intelligence

. Decks are 50 cards.

. On your first turn your level is 1 and increases by 1 during the beginning of all your other turns.

.You declare what you attack with one at a time and your opponent declares what they block with when an attacker is declared. Only one blocker can be assigned to each attacker. If your opponent chooses to, he/she can decide not to assign a block to an attack.

.Monsters cannot attack the turn they are played.

.Spells that don't stay on the field only count toward your level count for that turn.

.You can only control/play cards if your level is equal to or below the amount of levels you control.

.When in damage calculation with another defending OR attacking MONSTER involves all three stats, and if you lose in just 1 stat, your monster is destroyed, and if you win in one different stat, your opponent's monster is destroyed.

.In damage calculation involving your monster and another player you roll to choose your stats and inflict damage to your opponent depending on the chosen stat.

.Every odd mulligan is free (start at 6, first mulligan is 6, second is 5, third is 5, fourth is 4, etc, etc.

.If any stat on a card is reduced to 0 or below, it is destroyed.

Keyword Abilities

Combat Shield-A card with Combat Shield cannot be destroyed in battle unless it has lost in 2 stats at the same time. It also cannot be destroyed by reduced stats unless two of its stats are reduced to 0 or below.

Strike-Reduces target stat of your choice on a creature of your choice. Strike will be followed by a number that tells you how much it reduces the target. If the stat that has been hit by Strike goes to 0, the card is destroyed.

Level Lock X-decrease your level limit by X permanently.

Level Freeze X-decrease your level limit by X until the end of your next turn.

Sow-Indicates an ability that triggers when the card enters play

Reap-Indicates an ability that triggers when the card is destroyed.

Rush-Can attack the turn it enters play

Chaotic Change X-When a card with this ability enters play or another monster comes out afterwards, this ability triggers and you pick a number at random that is lower than or equal to X. The stats that are affected by this ability are then changed to the chosen number until Chaotic Change triggers again. Stats that are determined by Chaotic Change are represented by Question Marks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

This seems like a very interesting idea, and I would like to see it expanded upon. Will there be any spell/trap type cards? The idea seems too simple right now.

For example: Your level limit is increased by one.
Or: Select and destroy any of your opponent's monsters. Decrease your level limit by one.

Anyway, I like it so far, it just needs to be expanded upon.

Yeah, there isn't too much information here to comment on, it's just a really basic idea for a combat system, and not much of a game as a whole yet. If there are no effects, no spells and such, then the game is way too simplistic.

Based on what's already said, though, it seems like it would be rather hard to balance your units, since if you have high numbers somewhere then they will have to have low numbers elsewhere, and it seems like almost every time both units would be destroyed.

Spell idea

Level 9

Eff: You can decrease your level count by 4 to destroy all monsters on the battlefield.

Ruling: You have to have 4 free level slots in order to decrease your level count for this effect. Example: If your level count is at 20 you can use this effect as long as your level sum is 16 or less.

eeeem, interesting !!!

Actually, I may help you in the cards templates, but 1 thing, those 3 numbers, they should stand for something ...

Yeah, I don't have official titles for them. Basic names I have for them were Muscle, Speed, and Intelligence.

Another note on the combat system: Ties in the same stat do not count toward destroying either card

Thanks for that.

What is the best way to write a power boost in an effect for this? Should I use Magic's way (which would look like this: +3/+1/+2) or should it say the name of each stat getting boosted?

I prefer to mention the name of the stat that would get a boost, cause using magic's way will force you to boost all the stats, while the second way gives you a lot of assortments of boosts, like boosting 1 stat or 2 of them,, etc ^^

I prefer to mention the name of the stat that would get a boost, cause using magic's way will force you to boost all the stats, while the second way gives you a lot of assortments of boosts, like boosting 1 stat or 2 of them,, etc ^^

Okay.

I had an ability keyword early on that alters combat, called Combat Shield. Any card with this keyword has to be defeated in two stats at the same time to be destroyed.

Hiiii

This is super interesting and i would really love to help with the OCG and ideas sooo here r mine ^^...

Spells count toward your level count but go to the grave or discard pile could just count toward your level count for that turn so then you could sorta use levels like mana.

Please decide on whether its graveyard or discard and you should also introduce exiled or banished.

you could probably have instant or quickplay spells cost a bit more like MTG and ones that stick around constantly count toward your count like you said.

As for what the symbols could stand for i suggest               A/D/I

Attack  Defense  Intelligence

things with more intelligence might have more interesting effects and lower stats in other areas.( maybe since they would probably be easy to kill say that they cant be targetted for battle??)

Defensive things will have things like Combat shield maybe?

Attack power things should have something that makes them have to be blocked by 2 creatures/monsters (please clarify this aswell.)

Hope i was of use ^^ 

Hiiii

This is super interesting and i would really love to help with the OCG and ideas sooo here r mine ^^...

Spells count toward your level count but go to the grave or discard pile could just count toward your level count for that turn so then you could sorta use levels like mana.

Please decide on whether its graveyard or discard and you should also introduce exiled or banished.

you could probably have instant or quickplay spells cost a bit more like MTG and ones that stick around constantly count toward your count like you said.

As for what the symbols could stand for i suggest               A/D/I

Attack  Defense  Intelligence

things with more intelligence might have more interesting effects and lower stats in other areas.( maybe since they would probably be easy to kill say that they cant be targetted for battle??)

Defensive things will have things like Combat shield maybe?

Attack power things should have something that makes them have to be blocked by 2 creatures/monsters (please clarify this aswell.)

Hope i was of use ^^ 

eeem, think I will do some researches on MTG, so my templates would fit NeoRWBYGalaxy-Destiny concepts ...

Example Spells?

Ill try one...

Paladin's Prowess. Level 1(this cards level is only counted for this turn.)

Instant

Target Creature gains combat shield and +1 Defense until the end of the turn.

Survival of the smartest. Level 1

Instant

activate only when a creature you control is attacking or being attacked by another creature. During this battle step only Intelligence is accounted for and the card with the lowest intelligence is destroyed.

Also how about your opponent can attack directly if you control less than 3 monsters and if you control 3 or more monsters it creates a barricade of creatures so you have to choose a creature to attack.

All creatures HAVE to attack each turn apart from the player taking the first turn and creatures With "Self Control" dont have to attack either, im guessing creatures with higher intelligence would have self control.

When you attack an opponent directly you roll a six sided dice, if you roll a 1-2 you deal your Attack to the enemy as direct damage and if you roll a 3-4 you deal your defense to the enemy as direct damage and if you roll a 5-6 you deal your intelligence to the enemy as direct damage. 50 Card deck maybe? draw 5 cards for the opening hand, and you get 1 free mulligan and the person who go's first doesn't draw.

Creature examples?

Ill try one...

Bloodlust Instructor. Level 1

when this card enters the field increase your level by 1.

0/1/2

Magi of Blinding Light. level 4

Combat Shield

Self control

When this card enters the field draw 1 card.

2/4/6

Like the cards? i can make some more examples if you want more ideas.

The rating cards system could be... ( this is how i made the stats for the creature examples.)

Triple the level and distribute stats accordingly then add effects that you think would be appropriate for the stats.Or have no effects and have high stats? either way....

Hope i was of use ^^

Thanks for that.

KingOfOblivion, your idea for how temporary spells worked was exactly the same as my idea for it when I thought about that several months ago, before putting this game into a topic. I had rejected that idea, but you coming to the same conclusion leads me to think that it should be re-introduced into the concept. I was also planning on having certain creature cards with an ability similar to Flash.

Cool sounds good. 

In your opinion how should you be able to attack directly since if you have to plow through all your opponents monsters to get there the game will get one-sided VERY quickly.

hand sizes? 

Like my deck size idea and my example cards btw?

Also will there be classes like in hearthstone or colours like in MTG or archetypes like in yugioh or something more unique?

hope i was of use ^^

Archived