XTRA Monsters punish the Extra Deck! [21 Cards so far] [New sub-archetype added!]

AcediaJC

So I recently finally got around to learning how the new Pendulum things work, and you know what? I don't like them. At least, the idea of Spell/Monster hybrids was interesting, but all the stuff to do with Pendulum summoning and going to the Extra Deck really soured me to the idea behind them. And so to vent my distaste for Pendulums, I decided to make an archetype to counter them somewhat. But I figured a whole archetype just to counter Pendulum would be too specific, so I designed them to counter your opponent's Extra Deck in general. As such, they might be a bit unbalanced due to how important the Extra Deck has become. So if they are horribly broken, please let me know and if you can, provide some suggestions for how to balance them out so I can make the appropriate fixes :)

And now, on to the cards!

[Spoiler=The XTRA Witches]

[Spoiler=XTRA-001 XTRA Witch Infernia]

tao41f.png

Lore:

When this card is Normal Summoned or flipped face-up, you can banish 1 face-up monster from either player's Extra Deck. When this card is destroyed by battle or an opponent's card effect, you can banish it instead. If you do, your opponent must target 1 monster in their Extra Deck and flip it face-up.

Card art by Villyane on deviantart

Infernia is pretty simple. On her own she can easily banish a Pendulum from your opponent's Extra Deck, but when she's destroyed she can also set up for the some of the other XTRA monsters' effects to let them target Synchros, Xyzs, and Fusions too.

[/spoiler]

[Spoiler=XTRA-002 XTRA Witch Glacia]

5cj5dv.png

Lore:

When this card is Normal Summoned or flipped face-up, you can target 1 face-up monster in either player's Extra Deck. The target monster cannot be Special Summoned as long as you control 1 face-up "XTRA Witch Glacia".

Card art by Villyane on deviantart

Glacia is meant to lock down a specific monster in the Extra Deck that you don't want your opponent to bring out. On her own she's only really effective against Pendulums, but paired with some of the other XTRA monsters like Infernia, she can hold back any key Xyz/Synchro/Fusions your opponent may need as well. Plus running more than 1 Glacia can stall those cards even longer due to the last part of her effect.

[/spoiler]

[Spoiler=XTRA-003 XTRA Witch Airia]

6r0t3s.png

Lore:

When this card is Normal Summoned or flipped face-up, you can target 1 monster on the field that was Summoned from your opponent's Extra Deck and discard 1 card from your hand to return that monster to its owner's Extra Deck face-up.

Card art by Ellsat on deviantart

Much like Infernia, Airia is pretty simple on her own, just bouncing back an Extra Deck monster when she's summoned. However since she returns them to the Extra Deck face-up, it can open up anti Synchro/Xyz/Fusion plays for the other XTRA monsters as well.

[/spoiler]

[Spoiler=XTRA-004 XTRA Witch Pandia]

25rfdax.png

Lore:

When this card is Normal Summoned or flipped face-up, you can discard 1 card from your hand and target 1 face-up monster in either player's Extra Deck. Depending on the type of monster it is, you can activate 1 of the following effects:
Pendulum or Synchro: Special Summon 1 monster from your hand whose level is equal or less than the target monster's level.
Xyz or Fusion: This card's original ATK and DEF become the same as the target monster's.

Pandia is a bit more complicated than the other XTRA monsters, having different effects dependant on her target. If used on a Pendulum or Synchro, she can provide a free summon from the hand of a potentially big monster. If used on an Xyz or Fusion, she simply copies their stats to become a big monster herself.

[/spoiler]

[Spoiler=XTRA-005 XTRA Witch Angelia]

sl5vte.png

Lore:

When this card is successfully Tribute Summoned, neither player can Summon from their Extra Deck until your next End Phase. When this card is destroyed as a result of battle or an opponent's card effect, you can target 1 face-up card in a Pendulum Zone and destroy it.

Angelia has two uses: Stalling your opponent's Extra Deck plays more effectively than Glacia (However preventing your own as well), and breaking your opponent's Pendulum scales once she's destroyed. The latter effect is meant to be especially useful in setting up combos with the other XTRA monsters: Destroy a Pendulum, then follow up with Infernia or Glacia to keep it from coming back, or Pandia to use it as fodder for a Special Summon of your own.

[/spoiler]

[Spoiler=XTRA-006 XTRA Witch Evilia]

34s3xpd.png

Lore:

When this card is successfully Tribute Summoned, you can target 1 face-up card in an opponent's Pendulum Zone, and declare a number from 1 to 12. The target card's Pendulum Scale then becomes the declared number. When this card is destroyed by battle or an opponent's card effect, you can target 1 face-up monster in your opponent's Extra Deck, and add it to your own Extra Deck.

Card art by MMrailgun on deviantart

This one, I'm a bit more iffy on. I feel like I made her too situational. Her first effect allows you to alter an opponent's Pendulum Scale to become un-useable, while the second effect allows you to take an Extra Deck monster for yourself when she's destroyed. I can imagine both being very useful effects to use, but how often would they be useful?

[/spoiler]

[Spoiler=XTRA-007 XTRA Queen Regalia]

w7hix5.png

Lore:

When this card is successfully Tribute Summoned, target 1 monster in your opponent's Extra Deck. As long as you control at least 1 face-up "XTRA" monster, neither player can Special Summon monsters from their Extra Deck of the same Type or Attribute as the target monster.

As suggested by EpicDrago. Regalia functions as the archetype's big boss monster, though like the rest of the XTRA monsters she's still perfectly playable outside of the archetype. I figure having her effect only activate when she's tribute summoned would be a fair way to balance out how much of a game changer she could be. Granted for a lot of decks it's extremely easy to swarm out two monsters to the field to tribute for her, but they're still resources you have to use up on summoning her.

[/spoiler][/spoiler]

[Spoiler=The XTRA Knights]

[Spoiler=XTRA-008 XTRA Knight Nobelia]

bgwym1.png

Lore:

When this card is Normal Summoned or flipped face-up, you can target 1 card in your opponent's Extra Deck and flip it face-up. If the target monster's DEF is lower than this card's ATK, banish it. If not, the target monster remains face-up in your opponent's Extra Deck. This card cannot declare an attack the turn its effect is activated.

Card art by... unknown. I forgot to write down the artist's name when I saved the pic for this one. If anyone knows the name of its artist, please PM me so I can give them proper credit!

What's this, a Warrior type XTRA monster? I figured to flesh the set out more, I'd split them into various sub-archetypes consisting of 7 monsters each: 1 for each attribute (4 level 4s, 2 level 5+), and a seventh additional monster who may either be a big boss sort of monster, or in this sub-archetype's case more of a really powerful support monster. Nobelia here is essentially a tool for flipping cards in the Extra Deck to set up for the other XTRA monsters that go after face-up Extra Deck monsters, while also banishing anything she flips that happens to have a DEF lower than 2000.

[/spoiler]

[Spoiler=XTRA-009 XTRA Knight Guardia]

fnwajs.png

Lore:

When this card is Normal Summoned or flipped face-up, you can target 1 card in your opponent's Extra Deck and flip it face-up. If the target monster's ATK is higher than this card's DEF, banish it. If not, the target monster remains face-up in your opponent's Extra Deck. If this card is in face-up Defence Position when its effect resolves, it is switched to Attack Position.

Card art by Coffee-Straw-LuZi on deviantart

Nothing much to say about Guardia, basically just an alternate version of Nobelia's effect for if you expect your opponent to use lots of Extra Deck monsters with under 2000 ATK. The last part of her effect is basically meant to make sure she's vulnerable after activating the effect, since it can trigger as a flip effect as well.

[/spoiler]

[Spoiler=XTRA-010 XTRA Knight Wildia]

141tbg7.png

Lore:

When this card is Normal Summoned or flipped face-up, you can target 1 monster your opponent controls that was Special Summoned from their Extra Deck. This card gains ATK and DEF equal to half the target monster's ATK or DEF. If this card destroys a monster as a result of battle during the same turn it was Normal Summoned or flipped face-up, return it to your hand.

Card art by soo122 on deviantart

Technically not a Warrior, but it didn't feel right typing her as anything but Beast-Warrior. Rather than targeting anything in the Extra Deck, Wildia instead gains an ATK/DEF boost from an Extra Deck monster your opponent's already summoned, and then if she uses that boosted ATK the same turn, she goes back into your hand. Which means you can use her for a quick hit and run tactic, or just wait a turn to attack so she keeps the stat boosts and can be a nice big beatstick.

[/spoiler]

[Spoiler=XTRA-011 XTRA Knight Samuria]

69iamb.png

Lore:

When this card is Normal Summoned or flipped face-up, you can target 1 face-up monster in your opponent's Extra Deck. The target monster's ATK and DEF are permanently halved, and if it is Special Summoned while you control this face-up monster you can banish this card from the field to negate the target's effects until your next End Phase.

Card art by maxwindy on deviantart

Samuria (No that's not a typo. Just a naming theme!) is designed to majorly weaken your opponent's Extra Deck monsters before and when they're summoned. Or alternatively as a prevention method to keep away monsters that may be integral to your opponent's strategy, making their ATK and DEF low enough to easily destroy the next turn, on top of just making them completely useless if your opponent were to summon it anyway while she's out on the field.

[/spoiler]

[Spoiler=XTRA-012 XTRA Knight Armageddia]

2j2ypky.png

Lore:

When this card is successfully Tribute Summoned, your opponent must discard 1 card from their hand for every 2 face-up monsters in their Extra Deck. If this card is destroyed as a result of battle while your opponent controls at least 1 Pendulum card, you can target 1 card in a Pendulum Zone and return it to your opponent's deck, then shuffle it.

Card art by Sekigan on deviantart

These last 3 monsters of the XTRA Knight sub-archetype are where I'm worried the set may become grossly overpowered. Armageddia here punishes your opponent for each face-up card in their Extra Deck (Whether they're Pendulums or cards left face-up by other XTRA monsters). Originally I had it based on the amount of monsters on the field your opponent summoned from the extra deck, but then I changed it to match Polaria. Should I go back to that effect, or change it to something like discard 1 for every 3 or maybe even every 4 face-up Extra Deck monsters? Also her second effect is simply to break a Pendulum scale if your opponent has one by tossing a Pendulum back into their deck.

[/spoiler]

[Spoiler=XTRA-013 XTRA Knight Polaria]

iolvn5.png

Lore:

When this card is successfully Tribute Summoned, you can draw 1 card for every 2 face-up cards in your opponent's Extra Deck. When your opponent Pendulum Summons 2 or more monsters, you can return this card to your hand and target 1 monster that was Pendulum Summoned this turn: Take control of the target monster until your End Phase, and take damage to your Life Points equal to its ATK. The target monster cannot be used to Tribute Summon an "XTRA" monster.

Card art by PursuerOfDarkness on deviantart

While Armageddia makes your opponent discard, Polaria lets you draw. Like above, would it be better to base it on the number of cards your opponent controls that were summoned from their extra deck, or bump it up to draw 1 for every 3 or 4? And much like Armageddia as well, Polaria's second effect is very anti-Pendulum. Basically for the cost of some life points and returning Polaria to your hand, when your opponent tries to Pendulum Summon multiple monsters you can steal one until their next turn, then do whatever with it, aside from tributing for an XTRA monster to prevent just using it to return Polaria to the field.

[/spoiler]

[Spoiler=XTRA-014 XTRA Squire Tunisia]

2zyz8nr.png

Lore:

This card can only be used to Synchro Summon a card from your opponent's Extra Deck. When this card is Normal Summoned or flipped face-up, you can target 1 lvl 5 or lower Synchro monster in your opponent's Extra Deck, and change its level to 6. When a monster that was Synchro Summoned using this card as a Tuner is destroyed, Special Summon that monster to your opponent's side of the field in face-up defence position instead.

Card art by knighthead on deviantart

Squire Tunisia essentially lets you steal one of your opponent's Synchros. She can raise up the level of an opponent's Synchro to just need a level 4 for her to pair with (Which conveniently, at least 8 of the XTRA monsters so far happen to be!), though for obvious balance reasons she can't lower the levels of any level 6+ Synchros. However there's a bit of a risk, as she can basically become a free Synchro Summon for your opponent if they in any way destroy whatever you summoned using Tunisia. Though I imagine being able to use your opponent's Extra Deck as well as your own would be worth the risk. And of course, she's completely useless against an opponent who doesn't use Synchro monsters at all. 

[/spoiler][/spoiler]

[Spoiler=The XTRA Familiars]

[Spoiler=XTRA-015 XTRA Familiar Hurricanus]

31778sp.png

Lore:

If there is at least 1 face-up monster in your opponent's Extra Deck, you can Special Summon this card from your hand. When your opponent Special Summons a monster from their Extra Deck, you can tribute this face-up card to negate the Summon. Your opponent can discard 1 card from their hand to negate this card's effect (Except its Special Summoning). If they do, return this card to your deck and shuffle it.

Card art by jengslizer on deviantart

So, already going against my plans for the sub-archetypes here. Rather than 4 level 4s, 2 level 5+, and 1 boss/support, the Familiars consist of 6 level 2s, and 1 boss monster. They do at least stick to the 1 for each attribute design though! They also all (Except the boss monster) have similarly designed effects: They have a way to SS from the hand under certain conditions, they have an effect that activates by tributing itself, and they all give your opponent the option to discard to negate them, though if they do the Familiar just returns to your deck so it isn't wasted. Hurricanus here is relatively simple, simply negating a Special Summon from the Extra Deck. His SS effect also makes him pretty quick to use against Pendulum focused decks, or along-side any other XTRA monsters.

[/spoiler]

[Spoiler=XTRA-016 XTRA Familiar Naturus]

34q7dd2.png

Lore:

If there is at least 1 Tuner monster in your opponent's Graveyard, you can Special Summon this card from your hand. You can tribute this face-up card to target 1 Synchro monster your opponent controls. The target monster cannot declare an attack against any monsters whose levels are 4 or lower. Your opponent can discard 1 card from their hand to negate this card's effect (Except its Special Summoning). If they do, return this card to your deck and shuffle it.

The effect of Naturus is specifically anti-Synchro. He's a free summon if there's a Tuner in your opponent's grave, and his tribute effect prevents a Synchro monster from attacking your weaker monsters. Overall, a very defensive card that can help you maintain some field presence if you haven't gotten any of your bigger monsters out yet.

[/spoiler]

[Spoiler=XTRA-017 XTRA Familiar Sparkus]

30vi0bc.png

Lore:

If your opponent declares an attack with a monster that was Special Summoned from their Extra Deck, you can Special Summon this card from your hand. You can tribute this face-up card to destroy 1 face-up Synchro, Xyz, or Fusion monster your opponent controls. Any monster destroyed by this card's effect is returned face-up to your opponent's Extra Deck during the End Phase of the turn it was destroyed. Your opponent can discard 1 card from their hand to negate this card's effect (Except its Special Summoning). If they do, return this card to your deck and shuffle it.

Of course the Fire one has to be a bit destructive, right? Not a whole lot to say here. Opponent attacks with a Synchro/Fusion/Xyz/Pendulum that was summoned from their Extra Deck, you can use Sparkus to pop it (Unless it's a Pendulum). However, it does return the destroyed monster to the Extra Deck so they have a chance to summon it again later... Or so you can target it with another XTRA effect later.

[/spoiler]

[Spoiler=XTRA-018 XTRA Familiar Aquarus]

21b98ud.png

Lore:

If your opponent controls at least 1 Xyz monster, you can Special Summon this card from your hand. You can tribute this face-up card to target 1 Xyz monster on the field, and return all Xyz materials attached to that card to their owner's hand. Your opponent can discard 1 card from their hand to negate this card's effect (Except its Special Summoning). If they do, return this card to your deck and shuffle it.

Aquarus is your anti-Xyz Familiar, allowing you to strip an Xyz of its materials and severely limit their usefulness. I'm concerned this one may be a bit overpowered despite your opponent easily being able to negate it. Should it just remove 1 material from an Xyz, or am I just overthinking it and it's fine as is?

[/spoiler]

[Spoiler=XTRA-019 XTRA Familiar Brightus]

iyn1ip.png

Lore:

When your opponent Pendulum Summons 1 or more monsters, you can Special Summon this card from your hand. You can tribute this face-up card to destroy 1 face-up Pendulum card your opponent controls with the highest Pendulum Scales. Your opponent can discard 1 card from their hand to negate this card's effect (Except its Special Summoning). If they do, return this card to your deck and shuffle it.

The original intention for the XTRA archetype was anti-Pendulum, so I couldn't leave the Familiars without any Pendulum screwing monster! Brightus allows you to break your opponent's scale, tageting the higher end of it in the hopes that they may end up having to replace it with a lower scale and thus limit the strength of the monsters they can Pendulum Summon. At least that's the ideal scenario for his effect. It's entirely possible your opponent could replace their destroyed Pendulum with another copy of the same monster, or even something with an even higher scale.

[/spoiler]

[Spoiler=XTRA-020 XTRA Familiar Daemus]

11j2jqr.png

Lore:

If there is 1 "Polymerization" or "Fusion" Spell in your opponent's Graveyard, you can Special Summon this card from your hand. You can tribute this face-up card to target 1 Fusion monster your opponent controls, then banish any monsters used to Fusion Summon the target monster from your opponent's Graveyard, and return the target to their Extra Deck face-up. Your opponent can discard 1 card from their hand to negate this card's effect (Except its Special Summoning). If they do, return this card to your deck and shuffle it.

Honestly I'm not entirely sure this one would see as much use as the others, since I don't think too many decks use fusions heavily aside from Hero stuff mostly. But I figured there's Naturus for anti-Synchro, Aquarus for anti-Xyz, and Brightus for anti-Pendulum, so I may as well round it out with an anti-Fusion Familiar. Daemus is somewhat similar to Sparkus with how his effect results in the target monster face-up in the Extra Deck to either give a chance at summoning it again or to be targeted by another XTRA effect. However he also banishes whatever monsters were used to summon it, to decrease your opponent's chances of bringing it back and make them use up more resources if they need to bring it back.

[/spoiler]

[Spoiler=XTRA-021 XTRA Dragon Draconus]

2mzmozm.png

Lore:

This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned from your hand by banishing 4 level 2 monsters from your Graveyard. When this card is Summoned, flip all cards in both player's Extra Decks face-up. Once per turn: You can discard 1 card from your hand to target 1 face-up card in your opponent's Extra Deck and Special Summon it to your opponent's side of the field. Its effect is negated, and it cannot change its battle position. Any monster Special Summoned by this card's effect is banished during your opponent's End Phase.

Draconus I imagine wouldn't just be the boss monster to the Familiars sub-archetype, but probably one of the most important boss monsters for the XTRA archetype as a whole. It does require a total of 4 level 2s in the grave to summon it (Which should be pretty easy by using the Familiars, unless your opponent just discards to negate them every time), but once it does hit the field every card in both Extra Decks becomes face-up, giving its own effect free range of what to target, potentially exposing your opponent's strategy (If you somehow didn't already know what they were going for), and giving the other XTRA monsters a huge boost as well (Follow up with Armageddia or Polaria for a huge discard/draw? Gain easy access to both of Pandia's effects? Etc). However I'm not sure about his second effect yet. Should I just take away the cost, or change the effect to an instant banish? The idea behind it as it is now is you can banish any card in your opponent's Extra Deck, at the risk of your opponent being able to potentially make use of it as a tribute or Synchro/Xyz material (Assuming it's not an Xyz itself of course). So does the risk plus the cost make it underpowered, or would it be better to simplify it and remove the risk entirely? Though honestly, the main focus is its effect of turning the Extra Deck entirely face-up Convulsion of Nature style.

[/spoiler][/spoiler]

EDIT: Updated Pandia, Angelia, and Evilia. Also added the boss monster, XTRA Queen Regalia.

EDIT 2: Added a new sub-archetype, the XTRA Knights. Includes 4 level 4 monsters, 2 level 7 monsters, and a tuner.

EDIT 2.5: No new cards, just applied the suggested changes to XTRA Queen Regalia.

EDIT 3: Added a new sub-archetype, the XTRA Familiars. Includes 6 level 2 monsters, and 1 level 8 boss monster.

can i ask you how do u do the show buttons?

Panda is agreeably a little bit strong, but I would change her in a few ways. First, to activate I would add a cost like either discard 1 card, or destroy a Witch monster you control (if you do that, change witches effs to if destroyed instead of destroyed by opponent). If going with discard, this would be my version of her eff:

When this card is Normal Summoned or flipped face-up, you can discard 1 card and target 1 card in your opponent's Extra Deck (if it is face-down, it is flipped face-up), then, depending on the type of card the target is, you can activate 1 of the following effects:

Pendulum or Synchro: Special Summon 1 monster from your hand whose level is equal or less than the target monster's level.
Xyz or Fusion: This card's original ATK and DEF become the same as the target monster's.

Still, I would suggest instead of "you can discard 1 card" make it "you can destroy 1 "XTRA Witch" monster you control", and change all your witch effects to if destroyed (by anything).
Angelia is too specific. At least change her when destroyed eff to destroy 1 spell/trap instead. That eff can destroy a pendulum in a pendulum zone, since they're treated as spells while there. 
Evilia...Needs a lot of fixing. Changing the scales of a pendulum in the extra deck is completely pointless for one. Also the text is wrong because a Pendulum Monster is not a monster in the pendulum zone. I love her when destroyed eff though.

can i ask you how do u do the show buttons?

You use Spoiler tags. Just put "Spoiler=Text left of the button goes here" before what you want inside the Show button, and then "/spoiler" after it. Except replace the quotation marks with square [ ] brackets. It would have been better to PM me asking, but hopefully this helps. :)

Panda is agreeably a little bit strong, but I would change her in a few ways. First, to activate I would add a cost like either discard 1 card, or destroy a Witch monster you control (if you do that, change witches effs to if destroyed instead of destroyed by opponent). If going with discard, this would be my version of her eff:

When this card is Normal Summoned or flipped face-up, you can discard 1 card and target 1 card in your opponent's Extra Deck (if it is face-down, it is flipped face-up), then, depending on the type of card the target is, you can activate 1 of the following effects:

Still, I would suggest instead of "you can discard 1 card" make it "you can destroy 1 "XTRA Witch" monster you control", and change all your witch effects to if destroyed (by anything).
Angelia is too specific. At least change her when destroyed eff to destroy 1 spell/trap instead. That eff can destroy a pendulum in a pendulum zone, since they're treated as spells while there. 
Evilia...Needs a lot of fixing. Changing the scales of a pendulum in the extra deck is completely pointless for one. Also the text is wrong because a Pendulum Monster is not a monster in the pendulum zone. I love her when destroyed eff though.

For Pandia, I may just go with a simple discard, or possibly tributing any monster you control rather than a Witch specifically. Since requiring her to destroy another Witch first narrows down her flexibility by a lot. The intentions of their design was for them to easily play off each other, while still having uses on their own. As she is now, Pandia can exploit your opponent's Pendulums even if you don't have any other XTRAs in your deck, but with them she has additional uses. Flipping a card herself is also something I'm not sure if I would add, since then she wouldn't even need the other XTRAs to open up her effects more.

I considered having Angelia target just spells in general, but I was worried that might result in her becoming just anti-backrow more than anti-pendulum. It would undoubtedly be more useful, but I feel it could be too useful, if that makes sense.

Fair point with Evilia. I had it target Pendulums in the Extra Deck as well in case of any cards I was unaware of that could bounce them right back to the Pendulum Zone from the Extra Deck or field (Do any such cards exist? I know there's some that bounce from Pendulum Zone to hand, but dunno if anything bounces to the Pendulum Zones). What would the correct wording be for targeting a Pendulum in their respective zones then? "Target 1 card in your opponent's Pendulum Zones", or would it specifically have to say a spell?

Thanks for the suggestions and feedback :)

Yeah in Pendulum Zone. I do have a suggestion for a new one if you wish to hear. A Witch that when your normal summon it, you can target a face-up card in your opponent's extra deck or on the field, then activate one of the following effects based on it:

*Synchro: While you control a XTRA Witch monster, your opponent cannot Synchro Summon monsters with the same attribute or type as that target.

*Xyz: While you control a XTRA Witch monster, your opponent cannot Xyz Summon monsters with the same attribute or type as that target.

*Fusion: While you control a XTRA Witch monster, your opponent cannot Fusion Summon monsters with the same attribute or type as that target.

*Pendulum: While you control a XTRA Witch monster, your opponent cannot Pendulum Summon monsters with the same attribute or type as that target.

I was thinking about adding no level/rank too, but that may be too restricting

Yeah in Pendulum Zone. I do have a suggestion for a new one if you wish to hear. A Witch that when your normal summon it, you can target a face-up card in your opponent's extra deck or on the field, then activate one of the following effects based on it:

*Synchro: While you control a XTRA Witch monster, your opponent cannot Synchro Summon monsters with the same attribute or type as that target.

*Xyz: While you control a XTRA Witch monster, your opponent cannot Xyz Summon monsters with the same attribute or type as that target.

*Fusion: While you control a XTRA Witch monster, your opponent cannot Fusion Summon monsters with the same attribute or type as that target.

*Pendulum: While you control a XTRA Witch monster, your opponent cannot Pendulum Summon monsters with the same attribute or type as that target.

I was thinking about adding no level/rank too, but that may be too restricting

That's not a bad idea, sort of like a combination of Pandia's target-based effects and Glacia/Angelia's stalling effects. Might make for a good sort of boss monster for the archetype too. I like it!

Hello, since Regalia's effect does the same thing for every type of Extra Deck monster. Why not just have her effect be this:
"When this card is Tribute Summoned: Target 1 monster from your opponent's Extra Deck; monsters with the same attribute and type cannot be Special Summoned from either player's Extra Deck."
I know it's not really what you wanted because you wanted it specific to a type of Extra Deck monster, but this way it's shorter and since your WITCHES don't run an Extra Deck then it's beneficial and you can target a pesky Pendulum monster that will be taken out of commission. Hope that helps in some way, shape or form. I will get back to you on the other cards in the set.

Hello, since Regalia's effect does the same thing for every type of Extra Deck monster. Why not just have her effect be this:
"When this card is Tribute Summoned: Target 1 monster from your opponent's Extra Deck; monsters with the same attribute and type cannot be Special Summoned from either player's Extra Deck."
I know it's not really what you wanted because you wanted it specific to a type of Extra Deck monster, but this way it's shorter and since your WITCHES don't run an Extra Deck then it's beneficial and you can target a pesky Pendulum monster that will be taken out of commission. Hope that helps in some way, shape or form. I will get back to you on the other cards in the set.

I guess that would work, and makes the effect much more versatile anyway. Extra Decks can sometimes be a bit of a mish-mash of types and attributes anyway, so removing the specificness would lower her chances of only being able to prevent the summoning of 1 specific monster.

add cards that do somthing like "Light Hex-Sealed fusion". what it does is use its self as polymirization, and one material. maybe make sompthing like that?

Hm, that could be interesting. Maybe as an effect similar to the XTRA Squire, letting you summon from your opponent's extra deck? Though I don't know if that would be as useful aside from against certain decks, since you might not have the other required material unless it's more of a general requirement like how some Hero Fusions are just "1 Hero + 1 specific attribute". I'm pretty fond of the XTRA Squire's effect though, so this is definitely an idea I'll probably think more on.

But for now, there's a nice big update for people to check out already :)

Archived