So Your Decks doesn't have any rules

Goose

Normally this would be chill, but there are unwritten rules that aren't immediately obvious.  The biggest one is that all decks posted should be rate and fix topics.  That used to be codified back when the shitty old rules existed, but now new members just get their topics locked before they even learn this.  I could defs write a quick list of rules if evilfusion just hasn't found time in the last year to do this.

That section could use some rules to keep things in order. I remember Crab wrote some back in the old days, but now they're inactive.

Granted, I don't go in Your Decks that often [except to look around at some stuff at ideas + metagame reasons and post some new Deck from DN], but the latest thread (that Vanilla one) does bring up reason that we need some (considering that did spiral out of control).

If you're going to post a Deck, you agree to have it critiqued and fixed if necessary. Refusing to add a card just because you got creamed by it is not an excuse; there is a reason why members have suggested you add certain cards; they've proven to have won their share of games and/or they'll add support to your Deck. Members are taking their time to help you improve your Deck, but if you don't want help; then there's nothing much that can be done for you, excepting locking thread before it spirals into an "I don't like this card because [reason]".

That being said, since it's not my section and I don't frequently go there, won't elaborate further. Pretty sure evil will appreciate you writing a draft of some rules for the section; he can finalize them and make changes if he sees the need for any.

So the way I see it, the key is primarily to implement a Jack Witt clause and other rules should be derived from that.  With that in mind, this is what I would probably do if I had the power:

The Jack Witt Clause

All deck topics are treated as rate and fix topics. This means that, when you post your deck, you will receive comments and evaluations of the deck's quality from other members and suggestions as to how to improve it. If you cannot deal with this, then do not post your deck. If you post your deck and then show that you cannot or will not accept constructive criticism, you will not only appear childish but also run the risk of having your topics closed.

Specify Your Theme

Since the intention of any thread is to improve the deck as much as possible, it's important for the opening post to specify what the decks themes are and what parameters the poster wants the deck fixed within. This means that if you post a Ojama deck with the goal of summoning Ojama King, it's your duty to inform members of this.  If you don't, members will try to optimize the deck within the more general parameters of an Ojama deck.  Threads won't be locked for not containing this information in the opening post, but it is strongly encouraged.

Specify Your Restrictions

When posting a deck you need to specify any restrictions or special circumstances that are relevant to the deck. If you are on a tight budget and the deck is IRL, you need to tell everyone.  If there is a card you do not want to play at all for whatever reason, you need to tell everyone. Breaking these rules will never result in a thread being locked, but may result in a warning if repeated.

Provide Constructive Criticism

This rule is the most important rule other than the Jack Witt Clause. If you fail to provide actual constructive criticism multiple times you will receive a warning. This comes down to two things: explain any changes you suggest and always be polite.  Don't say things like "this deck is awful".  Don't post things like "you should be running ____" without any follow up.  

Like honestly rules for that section don't need to be too complicated.  Everything beyond the Jack Witt is what I want. All that is actually needed is the jack witt clause.

Those are simply things that were drafted by Welche/Goose. They are by no means official until evilfusion or whoever's in charge of the Decks section adds them.

You can still post your Deck, but just be prepared to take criticism and suggestions on how to make it better. As already mentioned, the Jack Witt clause is the main thing; everything else is there to make it easier for other members to help you design a Deck on budget (if you plan to use this in real life).

as long as there's no rule against me posting a 60 card deck that's meant to blend together the top decks, i'm happy ;-;

But seriously, this has been a problem for a while now and I think it's been brought up to evilfusion before, I'm not sure what happened to it after that though.

The rough draft you posted honestly covers everything important, those are really the only rules the section needs.

There definitely USED to be a rules section for the Deck section, and I vaguely recall there was a link to them, but the linked thread somehow disappeared. It did get brought up a while back, but I never got around to writing new ones up, and I forgot about it soon after.

So yes, I'll definitely take your drafted rules. If you could PM me a copy (quoting a quote is a pain), I'll look through them and modify as needed before putting them up. You may also feel free to suggest other fixes or additions at that time.

Thank you.

EDIT: Rules have now been posted for the section. You can find them here: http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/forum-7/announcement-64-tcgocg-deck-rules/

Archived