Make Your Deck require Explanations

Blake

Lots of builds get posted in your deck and boil down to "C&C" with nothing offered in insight into the deck. This boils down to a "build this deck for me" mentality being put forward and/or end up filled with subpar and weird choices with no explanation for the choices, which drives the idea of commenting away.

While it is a section for improvement, the ideas should be put forward by the poster of the deck in the first place. Maybe you could have a [HELP] tag or something for people learning a deck, or a [CASUAL] tag for joke decks or some shit... but if people are posting a deck in general, I feel they should have to explain some of the ratios and/or choices that set their build apart instead of just expecting people to understand it.

FYI OmegaWave that is already a rule.

I think this rule is acceptable under the condition that it's worded properly. This is something that has the potential to easily be elitist and to deter members from our community which is something none of us should want. However if I it's worded right it can be a useful guideline. In a few minutes when I'm on my computer I'll write an example of a well worded, non-elitist version of this.

Explanation Required

If you make what you deem to be non-standard choices in your deck, you have a responsibility to mention that in the post and explain your choices. If you think your choices are standard you do not need to explain anything.  However, should someone disagree and say that something else is standard, both you and the other person must justify your decisions.  Failure to explain choices in the first post is only punishable if it's clear that you knew your choices were not standard.

This allows us to hold better players to a higher standard while still giving new members the benefit of the doubt.  Almost anything less lenient than this would be unacceptable in my mind.

Honestly, I consider that a ridiculous expectation from the majority of users, who probably aren't tournament-level competitors. Your idea seems good in theory, but the majority of users probably aren't at a skill level where something with as many subtleties as card ratios and tech choices should be REQUIRED for them to explain at the start.

Honestly, I consider that a ridiculous expectation from the majority of users, who probably aren't tournament-level competitors. Your idea seems good in theory, but the majority of users probably aren't at a skill level where something with as many subtleties as card ratios and tech choices should be REQUIRED for them to explain at the start.

I suggested alternate tags or something, so I don't see the issue.

You can just set apart [CASUAL], [HELP], [DECK PROFILE], or w/e tags to make it easier to tell what deck is aiming to do what.

On V-Mundi, I've been seeing people post in their OPs why they make certain card choices as they run down the decklist, and people suggesting changes in detail.

That should be standard on any TCG forum.

Support.

If a member is unable to explain card choices, whether posting a deck or suggesting changes, their post isn't very credible and they really shouldn't be posting anyways.

I support this idea.

As as Black suggests, I think this can be properly executed by implementing a tag system or something similar. For instance:

If you are using [HELP] tag suggested in the OP, I believe an explanation as simple as "I don't know what I'm doing" from the poster, if not nothing at all, would be enough for everyone in YCM to get the idea that he/she is a newbie.

On the other hand, tags like [CASUAL] and, let's say, [META] for competitive decks, would require proper explanations.

Archived