[Season 2] YCM SOTW #13 - Freestyle

Night

Which piece do you think is the best?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Which piece do you think is the best?

Nw_YCMSOTWs2b.png

1. zSkhCD2.png

2. axbggx.png

3. 2w6sznm.jpg

4. 25unz20.jpg

5. 2h6rk1i.jpg

6. 4jJsCMW.png

7. yqsVCiO.png

Winner gets a spot in the sotw hall of fame (to be updated next season), an award (as soon as I find the .psd) and bragging rights. 

Voting rules:

• Anyone can vote, you don't need any graphic design knowledge to do so, critique and analysis is appreciated but not a must, comments of any sort are favorable.

• If you've submitted a piece you may not vote for it, voting for others however is encouraged.

• Bribing or informing others of which submission is yours is not permitted and if found doing so, you will be banned from the graphic competitions section.

Voting ends 9/2/14 at 11:59PM EST. Whoever has the most votes at that point wins. 

Everyone's been quite creative this time.

Props especially to 1, 3 and 7. Love seeing some good old-fashioned graphic design LPs up in here. The lighting and effects on 3 are understated, I can appreciate that: Went for 7 though. Really simple, effective colour scheme, and interesting conceptually.

oooh gurl what have we here, some mighty fine pieces

Between 1 and 6 for me. Both really cleanly executed. 1's got that Nike advertisement feel, and 6 has some really nice bg colors and the sprite as a focal fits in pretty well, which I think is hard to do with sprites. Gave it #1.

Number 3 has some really cool atmosphere going on though.

Numbers 2 and 7 are awesome, 7 only slightly more so.

I had to fight with myself on this one xD
I can't describe it in art terms, really…other than the fact that this saturation is being pulled off nicely.

You all did a pretty darn good job this time.

Upon looking at 7 more, I have to say I reallllllllllly like it. 

Archived