[MtG] Mystic Soundclaw

Rodrigo

Some friends have been deliberately mispronouncing Gyre Sage as "GUR SURGE". Who knew we'd actually get a card that literally embodies a GUR surge?

In practice, morphing it up will pretty much grant you 2 extra mana since it's not affected by summoning sickness if it's been on the field for a while. Fixes your colours a little if you're lacking them too. Interesting ramp tool for Temur decks.

Some friends have been deliberately mispronouncing Gyre Sage as "GUR SURGE". Who knew we'd actually get a card that literally embodies a GUR surge?

You got a rep sheerly for the pun.

It really seems like Wizards is getting away from 1 mana mana dorks now.

As for this, I'm pretty sure Wizards wants any dork that can produce more than one colour to be CMC 2+. The only strict mana dorks to break this rule are BoP and Hierarch, and both of those are too damn powerful. Plus, this guy turns 2 into CRUG. How can you not like that ramp?

Though, those are mostly Limited-engineered cards.

That is true, but it just seemed like wizards was pushing them more. I mean, this and Caryatid, plus those seemingly took over the mana dork spot. With the exception of Elvish Mystic in M15. 

Also, Voyaging Saytr was used in constructed for sometime along side Nykthos. 

I don't think if you guys realize it's a FULLY COLORLESS +2 mana ramp. If you cast it face-down on turn 3 and flip it on turn 4, you got 6 mana this turn. Colorlessly.

*5 mana. Cuz 4 (lands) - 2 (flip cost) + 3 (flip gain).

But yes free colorless mana.

Though, those are mostly Limited-engineered cards.

Voyaging Satyr was freaking amazing in mono-green thank you.

Remember that unmorphing does not induce summoning sickness. A creature that has been turned face-up is free to attack and tap. The extra mana comes from using its tap ability right away.

Yes, but again. 2 mana to flip, add 3 mana for tap ability, 2 more mana from other lands (that's 4 lands total), still 5 mana turn 4, not 6

Archived