SWAT Team Detains Popular Gamer Who Was Live-Streaming.

Smear

So, if you've heard of The Creatures, you've probably heard of Kootra. While he was live-streaming Counter-Strike the other day, one of his viewers called a SWAT team into the office building claiming a bomb threat.
Article

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGnPUUQ1ZoA
Video of it happening.

This is seriously crazy. They had to evacuate two schools and most of the surrounding area for a stupid hoax. I don't get why people can do this.
Anyway, discuss.

I heard about that, it's really messed up how easy it is to do crap like this. And while that SWAT team was there, they weren't at ready in case a REAL threat happened. Not to mention how dangerous it is, and how easy it is for people to get hurt during one of these things.

And the caller would get in huge trouble if caught. Not worth it, stupid, harmful, and not funny.

Whoever called in the SWAT team for this was really foolish.

Then again, some people like to do stupid things and cause chaos in the community. (I vaguely remember some kids calling the SWAT team in Canada or something for a similar thing)

As Smear already mentioned, not only does it take away resources to be dealing with an actual emergency (such as an armed suspect going around shooting people, some guy beating lights out of his family/guests), deploying them costs money. Not to mention people get hurt by it at times [considering the heavy equipment] and people are on (false) high alert while things get settled down.  

If you really need them, then that's the time you should be calling them in.

For this situation, just no. If it was meant to be a joke, then it's not funny at all and that person should be responsible for any fees incurred. 

While he was live-streaming Counter-Striker the other day

This irks me.

As for the actual incident it pretty much blew up in the *counter-strike community so it's pretty much all I heard about yesterday. Which is actually the bigger issue here, this isn't a new thing, it's happened multiple times before and every time it does happen people make a big deal of it. All it takes is a single phone call in order to get media coverage and thousands of people talking about something you did, consider it the "ultimate prank" if you will. Now, obviously the allure of that doesn't entice you or me because we aren't fucking morons but some people don't think as rationally. 

As a whole this is obviously a legitimate issue and something needs to be done in order to raise awareness not of the actual incidents but instead the repercussions. 

This irks me.

As for the actual incident it pretty much blew up in the *counter-strike community so it's pretty much all I heard about yesterday. Which is actually the bigger issue here, this isn't a new thing, it's happened multiple times before and every time it does happen people make a big deal of it. All it takes is a single phone call in order to get media coverage and thousands of people talking about something you did, consider it the "ultimate prank" if you will. Now, obviously the allure of that doesn't entice you or me because we aren't f***ing morons but some people don't think as rationally. 

As a whole this is obviously a legitimate issue and something needs to be done in order to raise awareness not of the actual incidents but instead the repercussions.

I fixed it you twat.

There's a video of him being interviewed telling his reaction, if anyone could post that for me I'd be grateful.

Archived