Allow decks with Custom Cards in "Your Deck" section

Darj

Months ago I suggested a subsection for Deck with Custom Cards, but I was told it had been done before and yet no one used it.
So, My suggestion now is to allow users to post their decks with custom cards in Your Deck Section instead, using tags such as [Custom].

I will repost the reasons I wrote for suggesting this:

Posting and reviewing decks with custom cards would work as a follow-up to Card Making: after successfully making a well designed card, you could take it to the next level by including it in a deck and evaluate if it's actually good/healthy for the game. Because one thing is making a well designed card/archetype/etc., and another if it is worth being played or if it doesn't take things unexpectedly too far. For instance, I could make a boss for X official archetype/deck, but if the archetype/deck cannot play it consistently, then the card may not be as good as the theory implied (I think Lightray Diabolos, Loki and perhaps T.G. Halberd cannon could be seen as real examples of this). Or any card that is good in theory, but in practice no one would run it. On the other hand, I could make multiple cards for supporting an archetype that, while they may be balanced by themselves, in combination break the archetype; and looking at the cards from the perspective of a deck would help with noticing those issues and fix the problems afterwards.

I understand that it would be complicated for the community to test those decks themselves and drop advice afterwards, but from theory it should be possible to give suggestions for those decks, or remind the poster of existing cards that could support the deck. (e.g. an user posts a deck with his custom archetype of DARK monsters but forgot generic DARK support like Allure, Viruses, etc. and/or staples; this is where the community could come in and suggest/remind him of those cards.)

In addition, if one of your concerns is that "Your Deck" will be flooded with custom decks, considering that no one used the section when it existed, I really doubt that would become an issue.

Thoughts?

My reasons for disallowing it is based on what you more or less said: People who might offer advice don't readily have access to the cards, either for reference or playtesting. Using custom cards and testing them yourself is one thing, but it's more difficult to have other people offer advice on a Deck built using custom cards.

Well, for references you add a rule of including links the threads where the custom cards were posted.

But I understand. In my opinion it wouldn't hurt to allow this for those who are interested in building decks with their own cards, but I won't insist anymore.

Archived