[Leaderboard] Zaziuma VS Cat Sith

Atypical-Abbie

It's been a while since I have done one of these, hopefully everything here is as it should be.

Rules and Rewards:

• All YCM and 1v1 Leaderboard rules apply
  • First to 3 votes wins.
  • Winner gets a rep from the opponent (and anyone else as well if they want)
  • Votes must be with valid reasoning, going "Card A wins" won't do.

Entry Requirements and Theme:

• Make a Pendulum Monster support card that isn't a Pendulum Monster.
  • Image or written, either is fine.
  • Send a PM to me with your cards, and make sure that it's not possible to see who made the card, i.e. remove your name from it.

Deadline:

• Opponent: 5th of September at 00:00 CET
  • End date: 5th of September at 00:00 CET

[spoiler=Card A]

8XZfuyD.jpg

If this face-up card is sent to the Graveyard by a card effect: You can add 1 Pendulum Monster with a Pendulum Scale of 3 or lower from your deck to the hand. If a face-up Spell Card you control would be destroyed: You can tribute this face-up card instead. You can only use 1 "Minstrowl" effect per turn, and only once that turn.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Card B]

5NrSL3F.jpg

If you control no monsters and have no cards in both of your Pendulum Zones: Target 2 Pendulum Monsters in your Graveyard; activate both those targets in your Pendulum Zones, but their effects cannot be activated and they are destroyed during the End Phase. You cannot Special Summon during the turn you activate this card, except by Pendulum Summoning using those 2 cards. You can only activate 1 "Pendulum Assembly" per turn.

[/spoiler]

Uh-oh.

I vote for the Owl.

Not enough reasoning to warrant a valid vote.

All votes must contain a minimum of 2-3 sentences per card explaining your reasoning in order to be valid. All other votes are invalid.

• ​The participants and the CC mods have the right to invalidate a vote for any reason.

Sorry for forgetting this reference.

Card A: Nice searcher for pendulum cards, with a built in destruction prevention effect. I don't think that the protection effect will be used that often, considering it's lackluster attack and defense. If it had a more beefy attack and defense, it would be a good staple. The destruction by card effect also is hard to get off. It seems a little bit useless in that regard. I'd maybe use it in a deck that needs to keep a spell card on the field, like Toons (lol). Otherwise, kinda pointless.

Card B: Gives pendulum scales for one turn. The requirement of no monsters really hurts this card, but it could still be an explosive comeback if timed right. The restriction of Special Summoning can also hurt. But this being a "flood" card really makes it have potential. However, what really swerves this card is targeting monsters in the Graveyard. Fortunately, Pendulum monsters when sent still goes to the Graveyard, so it isn't impossible, just difficult. 

Both of the cards are a little restricted to be used in every deck as Pendulum staples, but for the potential I have to pick Card B for having more of a use than Card A. With some of the restrictions mentioned above removed, they could both be staples. Good job, guys!

Card A: Nice searcher for pendulum cards, with a built in destruction prevention effect. I don't think that the protection effect will be used that often, considering it's lackluster attack and defense. If it had a more beefy attack and defense, it would be a good staple. The destruction by card effect also is hard to get off. It seems a little bit useless in that regard. I'd maybe use it in a deck that needs to keep a spell card on the field, like Toons (lol). Otherwise, kinda pointless.

Card B: Gives pendulum scales for one turn. The requirement of no monsters really hurts this card, but it could still be an explosive comeback if timed right. The restriction of Special Summoning can also hurt. But this being a "flood" card really makes it have potential. However, what really swerves this card is targeting monsters in the Graveyard. Fortunately, Pendulum monsters when sent still goes to the Graveyard, so it isn't impossible, just difficult. 

Both of the cards are a little restricted to be used in every deck as Pendulum staples, but for the potential I have to pick Card B for having more of a use than Card A. With some of the restrictions mentioned above removed, they could both be staples. Good job, guys!

Thanks for the reviews, this is more how you do it people, joke reviews cannot be used.

Card A: 0

Card B: 1

Archived