Combine the two any other card sections

Goose

Reason why they are separate: AoC is a place to promote new concepts and ideas that aren't considered realistic. Having OP'd/Joke cards be in the same section prevents that from happening. So yes, there is an issue with bringing them back together again. And yes, this was a group consensus.

Joke Cards is just that: JOKE CARDS 9999/9999 monsters and the like.

AoC on the other hand is for new concepts. Just seeing it less cluttered now makes me want to work on my Field Chibi's again (especially with the new rulings regarding Field Spells)

I also believe that Joke Cards should be in one topic (wasn't it like that once?)

qq can you say anything more than "that'll have to be a group consensus" because that's a really f***ing aggravating response.

Agreed. I know it has to be decided by the Mod Team but you don't need to be so Formal Striker lol. We understand you if you even said "Will ask the other Mods about this"

As Striker mentioned, there's a reason why we decided to break AoC into two sections; the main section for experimental things and Joke Cards. We felt that badly designed cards with trollfaces, over 9000 jokes and so forth DO NOT deserve to be mixed in new concepts that were thought out properly.

The plan was to originally move all of the Joke Cards out of AoC into a holding forum (and relegate them to a thread in Games like we've done in the past), but due to it causing confusion, we decided to just keep the holding forum as a spot to post Joke Cards.

For technical reasons, Any Other Cards could be a subsection of RC; given that we are enforcing similar rules to what we expect RC-goers to abide by (Advanced Clause, proper balance, etc). Though we do have the old threads from the past, some of which are Joke Cards; we couldn't move ALL of the threads from pre-2011 that were deemed bad. That would also entail making a Singles/Multiples area for both of them; and again more thread moving.

A name change to the section will be helpful, but AoC/Joke Cards are remaining separate.

So can we please seperate them?  Seems to me that the original change to AoC was poorly thought through since it was really just moving some cards from Realistic into a new forum and relegating anything that used to be AoC into something else.  I suggest making a new AoC under RC called something like "New Concepts", combining old-AoC and OP/J to make a new AoC that is AoC and not whatever the heck you people have turned it into right now.  That should fix all the problems that have been created.

As mentioned, we are treating AoC like RC to some extent, except for the obvious omissions in that cards need to abide by Konami standards (use whatever they've made so far in the real game). It probably make sense to do it, though I already explained the reasoning for why that hasn't been done yet.

Could probably work out though; it's not that difficult to put an additional 12-14 characters in your thread name. Again, should be discussed via PM with Saber/Striker/Zextra because it shouldn't be a one mod decision to go ahead and change the structure of CC in a single shot.

You know, the issue involving Striker; thought it would be clear-cut at this point. (Not elaborating further on it)

As noted, I've notified Zextra/.Saber about the matter a while ago via PM (Striker will be added once things resolve). Personally, changing AoC's name is do-able; not sure on merging AoC/RC like Aix mentioned (though it can be done; just that sorting will be a pain in the neck).

Archived