Demonic Dragon, Darkness Overlord

Sunn O)))

xQSnbxO.jpg

3 DARK monsters
Must be Fusion Summoned and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways When this card is Fusion Summoned: Target 1 card on the field; banish it. During either player's turn: You can banish 5 DARK monsters from your Graveyard; this card is unaffected by other card effects until the end of this turn.

Add a Nomi clause so you won't be able to Special Summon it through "Summoner of Illusions" and similar cards.

"Must be Fusion Summoned and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways."

If you want, you can further restrict it by requiring the specific monsters as materials and disable it from using substitutes.

"Must be Fusion Summoned with the above Fusion Material Monsters and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways."

Once that is fixed, I think it would be fine, if not actually underpowered: Although it can reach an insane ATK and inflict heavy damage the turn it is Summoned, controlling 5 DARKs while having Polymerization in the hand is a ridiculous task. If you ever accomplish that, then I would say you deserve to win through this card.

Hmm, now that I think about it, you could side in a couple of Super-Polys against DARK decks and punish the opponent for overextending by taking his/her monsters as materials, while making the Fusion Summon of this card much easier; I guess the card deserves a nerf after all. Personally I would drop its original ATK, perhaps to 2800~3000, and the ATK boost to 100 per monster so it will be less likely for it to reach 4000+ ATK. The rest should be fine: I doubt that the on-Summon banish effect would be that harmful, and the protection effect is more or less balanced by the high amount of grave resources it requires. Since the card in theory will be more balanced after those changes, I think you can safely remove its last restriction.

Add a Nomi clause so you won't be able to Special Summon it through "Summoner of Illusions" and similar cards.

"Must be Fusion Summoned and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways."

If you want, you can further restrict it by requiring the specific monsters as materials and disable it from using substitutes.

"Must be Fusion Summoned with the above Fusion Material Monsters and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways."

Once that is fixed, I think it would be fine, if not actually underpowered: Although it can reach an insane ATK and inflict heavy damage the turn it is Summoned, controlling 5 DARKs while having Polymerization in the hand is a ridiculous task. If you ever accomplish that, then I would say you deserve to win through this card.

Hmm, now that I think about it, you could side in a couple of Super-Polys against DARK decks and punish the opponent for overextending by taking his/her monsters as materials, while making the Fusion Summon of this card much easier; I guess the card deserves a nerf after all. Personally I would drop its original ATK, perhaps to 2800~3000, and the ATK boost to 100 per monster so it will be less likely for it to reach 4000+ ATK. The rest should be fine: I doubt that the on-Summon banish effect would be that harmful, and the protection effect is more or less balanced by the high amount of grave resources it requires. Since the card in theory will be more balanced after those changes, I think you can safely remove its last restriction.

I'll add the nomi clause, and I don't think you can use Fusion Substitutes with it, since it doesn't name any specific monsters. 

Maybe I could drop it to 3 Darks,

But that's pretty situational, and only Dark deck can use it against other Dark decks, so I don't think it makes it overpowered. Could I just leave the ATK at 3600, and remove the ATK gain? Originally, it banished 2 cards, but I thought it was too much. 

I'll add the nomi clause, and I don't think you can use Fusion Substitutes with it, since it doesn't name any specific monsters.

I just looked it up and you are right.

And yeah, I think it will be fine if you remove the ATK boost effect and leave it at 3600.

Not sure on that one because it would make it even more easier to drop with Super Poly and taking the opponent's DARK monsters. If Super Poly wasn't a thing then yes, since 3600 ATK and a removal effect feels fair for a 3-material Fusion that cannot be summoned with alternate Fusion Spells such as Dragon's Mirror.

You know what? go for 3 materials. Yeah, I would rather have a playable Fusion monster that can be run in anything that sides Super Poly to potentially wreck opposing DARK Decks, than a Fusion that would most likely require its own deck to be played.

Not sure on that one because it would make it even more easier to drop with Super Poly and taking the opponent's DARK monsters. If Super Poly wasn't a thing then yes, since 3600 ATK and a removal effect feels fair for a 3-material Fusion that cannot be summoned with alternate Fusion Spells such as Dragon's Mirror.

You know what? go for 3 materials. Yeah, I would rather have a playable Fusion monster that can be run in anything that sides Super Poly to potentially wreck opposing DARK Decks, than a Fusion that would most likely require its own deck to be played.

Done.

Archived