Point Usage

Ezmoe

What are points even for anymore? They used to be for Graphics Shops, but there's not 20 of those like there use to be. There's one, and it's like Walmart getting rid of the Mom&Pop Shops. (No Offense to Yin & Tormented, you guys do great stuff) It's seems points don't have a use anymore, except for that one thread. I know Newbies think that "OMG, that guys got a gazillion points, I gotta be like that!" Only to find out that they are as pointless to have as a broken toaster. Can we add some more things to put them to use? Or should we maybe just get rid of them? 

Night has mentioned before that the mod team would be up for adding stuff to the shop, if we had any ideas.

We didn't.

But yeah, the shop has a few things in it, but they are mostly free or are a waste (the lottery doesn't even give you the points you spent back at the maximum win, and I got ripped off QQ)

I'd like the idea of being able to color your name.

Not to mention mods do things points would, for free.

We have points for Leaderboard/some contest prizes, entry fee for card contests (some of them do), paying for Yin's render gallery access.

Keep in mind you also have the IP Board shop things as well [lottery, buying name changes earlier than your 90-day minimum, thread titles and other things].

This isn't like the glory days of YCM, but we do need other uses for them.

If you got ideas, submit them now and we'll discuss them in the mod area.

Keep in mind you also have the IP Board shop things as well [lottery, buying name changes earlier than your 90-day minimum, thread titles and other things].

I wanted to comment on that-

I couldn't get my Thread Color thing to work.
It said to contact the mod/admin about it, lol….

And see above for my opinions on le lottery.

Night has mentioned before that the mod team would be up for adding stuff to the shop, if we had any ideas.

We didn't.

But yeah, the shop has a few things in it, but they are mostly free or are a waste (the lottery doesn't even give you the points you spent back at the maximum win, and I got ripped off QQ)

I'd like the idea of being able to color your name.

Not to mention mods do things points would, for free.

^^^ That would be nice.

Here are some Ideas that come mind:

• Change Font of Name (So we don't have to find text that looks like it was written with blood)
  • More than 10 Pics in your signature (For a limited time or not)
  • Edit Posts of Another Member (Of course, with their permission, such as co-hosting RP's or Controlling Clubs while the Host is on a hiatus so they don't think they are abandoned)

^^^ That would be nice.

Here are some Ideas that come mind:

• Change Font of Name (So we don't have to find text that looks like it was written with blood)
  • More than 10 Pics in your signature (For a limited time or not)
  • Edit Posts of Another Member (Of course, with their permission, such as co-hosting RP's or Controlling Clubs while the Host is on a hiatus so they don't think they are abandoned)

The first one sounds neat but isn't it already kind of a thing?
The last two sound like they could go horribly wrong, no offense.

We would never NEED more than 10 images.

Editing others posts…I don't think it would pop up to be a good situation like you mention, nine times out of ten. 
And every other scenario for editing posts is abuse =>

The first one sounds neat but isn't it already kind of a thing?
The last two sound like they could go horribly wrong, no offense.

We would never NEED more than 10 images.

Editing others posts…I don't think it would pop up to be a good situation like you mention, nine times out of ten. 
And every other scenario for editing posts is abuse =>

Perhaps, but only the trusted ones can edit. Permission has to come first after all.

Entry fees are usually 10 or so points; Voltex's one is 50-ish because of the pot.

I suppose points are either restricted to specific GFX requests [assuming people want payment] or Yin's gallery or some GFX templates.

Not really much that can be done in this era of YCM.

As for buying access to edit other people's posts; just no.

Yeah.. he whole Post Edit thing really irks me.

As for suggestions? Maybe a seperate part of the Forum that could be accessed for a bunch of Points? An area that is quiet and away from the hustle and bustle of YCM. Then again, this could promote Elitism as people would be like "You got no points! You are not worthy!" 

I suppose we could implement a sort of "premium" membership thing with the points.

Not sure how that'll pan out though, since a lot of things that would be entailed in here is already covered by the IP Board Shop.

- More frequent name changes (this will cause confusion though, much like in the case of certain members)

- Can lock their own threads without the use of a locking item [the thing is free though, so you can buy as many as you'd like. Or just ask one of the mods to do it for free.]

- Special member group (kind of similar to Easter Egg Hunters with a special icon)

I'd add permission to access a premium member forum [that mods can also access], but then again it promotes elitism and what'll be in said forum; idk.

Yeah, even I have doubts about this idea. Works well on other places (maybe), but not so much here.

I suppose we could implement a sort of "premium" membership thing with the points.

Not sure how that'll pan out though, since a lot of things that would be entailed in here is already covered by the IP Board Shop.

- More frequent name changes (this will cause confusion though, much like in the case of certain members)

- Can lock their own threads without the use of a locking item [the thing is free though, so you can buy as many as you'd like. Or just ask one of the mods to do it for free.]

- Special member group (kind of similar to Easter Egg Hunters with a special icon)

I'd add permission to access a premium member forum [that mods can also access], but then again it promotes elitism and what'll be in said forum; idk.

Yeah, even I have doubts about this idea. Works well on other places (maybe), but not so much here.

(this will cause confusion though, much like in the case of certain members)

Ouch.

I like the exclusive member group idea, though, wouldn't worth the effort that much if it's not permanent, and if it's permanent it'll create confusion and stuff.

How about more freedom in profile customization, if it's possible?

That could work.

With this premium group, you can bypass the 5k post requirement to add a profile header or something along those lines. Not sure what else you can customize in it; maybe manually add in the option to add a Youtube song to your profile when someone accesses it [without having to PM one of us]; I still haven't figured out how to do it.

Archived