Searching for Songs

Agro

Hi guys. I'm bored.

But a lot of times when I'm bored, I'll just scroll through my spotify/itunes playlists, listening to different songs and thinking about how they can be used in different things. (Film sequences, video games, music videos, etc.)

So I thought I'd ask you guys to help me find some cool tunes that fit to a theme and sequence I was thinking of.

I'm basically just looking for songs that can work as songs played alongside a race, albeit a non-conventional one, that can span over cityscapes, mountains, lakes, forests, etc. Basic idea is that the song plays at the beginning of a race.

A thing that usually works is a short, but slower, or lighter opening segment that fits within like, let's say, a countdown to the start of the race (think more mario kart than waiting for a gun to go off) So basically, a short intro that would fit within that context but then "takes off" and the song, like the race, begins. I don't mean this to be a requirement, because an opening for a countdown isn't necessary.

Lots of stuff works. Even things you wouldn't expect. Like think of how the most recent SSX game used indie rock and it somehow worked perfectly for it. It may not just be songs you'd think about running to.

But maybe some examples of stuff I thought worked for the idea I was going for? Here's a fairly wide range of songs that could probably fit.

Hilltop Hoods – Cosby Sweater

Bag Raiders – Sunlight

Air Traffic Controller - Pick Me Up

Colony House - Silhouettes

Pendulum - Crush

Janelle Monáe - Dance Apocalyptic

Capital Cities - Farrah Fawcett Hair

The Boxer Rebellion - Diamonds

Walk the Moon - Next in Line

Madeon - The City

Europe - The Final Countdown (i had to)

I'm a fan of Air Traffic Controller too.  Have you tried Faded Paper Figures?

EDIT: Sorry misread/just skimmed.  Will think of legit ideas.

Don't worry goose, I also like all the songs I posted.

Pretty sure I've heard a Faded Paper Figures song at some point. Probably off New Medium.

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2s21tO6M5gU[/media]

a whole lot heavier than the tracks mentioned on your list but one that would work with the theme, the start could represent the runners just starting the race, but when the more spastic parts kick in it could represent going up the mountains and other extreme terrains, and when the song goes back to being calm it could represent the runners going past lakes and such

a more accessible sounding one could be this one
[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfrBLZGP7dY[/media]

the intro is a bit lengthy but other than that it could be a pretty perfect fit

Archived