Nintendo Game Line-up (through 2015)

Thar

I just realized project guard is basically a non-horrific version of Five Nights at Freddy's.

Yeah, it's actually a pretty thin line-up so far tbh. I wish Xenoblade was coming this year. But I'm sure we'll get some surprises at next year's E3 and there are more than enough titles there that will keep me playing Wii U. Though I think Bayonetta 2 and Captain Toad's Treasure Tracker are the only non-Smash games I'll be picking up THIS year for it.

Bayonetta 2 and Captain Toad's Treasure Tracker

I have Bayonetta 2 pre-ordered, and I'm still waiting for Captain Toad (as well as Splatoon, Zelda U, and Star Fox) to be available for one. Will not hesitate to do so when they do.

The only games I have on preorder at the moment are both Smash games, Pokémon OR and Far Cry 4. Also the Destiny PS4 bundle, but that's due out next week, so I don't feel the need to include it.

Everything else I'll wait on, see the reviews for, and then consider buying them.

I can't wait to cry alone at night as the servers for Splatoon dry up a week after release and people go back to demanding more Mario.

Watch there be a mode in Splatoon where one player can play as a Mario character and come in with the water pack to use it to wash away ink and generally have better maneuverability.

The only games I have on preorder at the moment are both Smash games, Pokémon OR and Far Cry 4. Also the Destiny PS4 bundle, but that's due out next week, so I don't feel the need to include it.

I have both Smashes, Hyrule Warriors, Bayonetta 2, Fantasy Life, and Pokemon Alpha Sapphire. Also thinking about pre-ordering Watch Dogs, but I think I'll wait on that.

I can't wait to cry alone at night as the servers for Splatoon dry up a week after release and people go back to demanding more Mario. 

"dry up"

I see what you did there.

Might watch Sonic Boom if the show interests me enough to seek out the game, never been as into Sonic games as the cartoons, especially with the looks of this gameplay. 

Looks to be just Captain Toad & Smash for me (Pokemon OR too, but eh, only felt like commenting on Wii-U stuff in the image there). Splatoon I will watch only, especially if someone streams it, because I'm just not into these things but it's a lot more fun to watch than I thought. To me, at least.

Mario Maker simply depends on reasons.

I have both Smashes, Hyrule Warriors, Bayonetta 2, Fantasy Life, and Pokemon Alpha Sapphire. Also thinking about pre-ordering Watch Dogs, but I think I'll wait on that.

Dude I completely forgot Watch Dogs was still coming out for Wii U. Which is pretty much all around a terrible place for it to be in my mind, since I'm someone who actually pays attention to this kind of shit. Imagine the folks that don't. ._. That game will need a whole lot of uniqueness to be viable, otherwise I don't see how I don't end up with a PS4 version at most... either that or I ignore it and pick up GTA V for the PS4 so I can play GTA Online with friends, of whom will actually have the same system as me for once in like ever.

Yeah, I'm definitely not sold on Hyrule Warriors or Sonic at all. Both those franchises have a lot to prove to me for me to even remotely consider buying another one, and nothing they've shown me so far has done anything close to that :<

It's sort of a less hyped title than some of the others, but I think Toad's Treasure Tracker is gonna be f***ing fun.

I totally agree! I'm a sucker for both platformers and puzzle games, and it looks like a combination of both, which really excites me.

Also looking forward to Mario Maker (on top of that, REALLY hoping for a Zelda Dungeon Maker.)

It's sort of a less hyped title than some of the others, but I think Toad's Treasure Tracker is gonna be f***ing fun.

I know, but tbh it's now my second most hyped game yet to come out, but I only talk very little about Smash, so... 

I never thought about making a whole game out of it, but those segments were just as fun as the rest of SM3DW, imo, and it is gonna be amazingly fun.

I never thought about making a whole game out of it, but those segments were just as fun as the rest of SM3DW, imo, and it is gonna be amazingly fun.

To me, the fact that you can't jump makes it that much more fun and challenging. I can only imagine what kind of levels they come up with.

Yeah, I loved those sections. Plus, Captain Toad is so adorable.

To me, the fact that you can't jump makes it that much more fun and challenging. I can only imagine what kind of levels they come up with.

These are both true, actually.

Captain Toad is the cutest fungi I've ever seen

Captain Toad's levels in SM3DW were okay. They were easy, and it was fairly easy to figure out what you had to do. And unlike most of the rest of the game, it was fairly easy to execute it. However, at the same time, those levels were always entertaining to come across and they did show a lot of potential.

My hope is that they amp up the puzzle side of the equation, and at the same time, always keep something there to make you have to act quickly. That's something Catherine did well as a puzzle-platformer type of game. The puzzles were complicated, but could be figured out in time, but the issue was that you didn't have time. If Treasure Tracker can do that while offering varied courses an challenges, it'll be a really swell time. Nothing ground breaking, most likely, but solid, definitely.

Archived