Want more Polymerizations? Go crazy.

Lonk

Alchemical Polymerization

Normal Spell Card

This card's name is treated as "Polymerization".  Fusion Summon a Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck, using monsters from your hand or your side of the field as Fusion Materials.  When you Fusion Summon a monster using this card: draw 1 card.

Spiritual Polymerization

Normal Spell Card

This card's name is treated as "Polymerization".  Fusion Summon a Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck, returning monsters in your Graveyard and Banished Zone to your Deck as Fusion Materials.  You cannot Special Summon any other monsters during the turn this effect is activated.

Polymerization of Life

Normal Spell Card

This card's name is treated as "Polymerization".  Your opponent can reveal 1 Spell Card in their hand to negate the activation of this card's effect.  Otherwise, Fusion Summon a Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck, using monsters from your Deck as Fusion Materials.

I actually really like the idea of Harpie Lady-ing Polymerization.

At the same time, these all have crucial design flaws.

The first completely outclasses polymerization, and this is not good design. Poly is no longer totally awful, so making a completely superior version doesn't make logical sense. It needs to be restricted to either only field or only hand to merit the draw.

Spiritual Polymerization just outclasses Parallel World Fusion in a generic sense. It's more versatile and open, as well, with the grave access. Do you really want Shaddolls to have an avarice of any kind (bar Exodius), especially one that lets them come back from being BTH'd? I know it's effectively one per turn, but the design still feels wrong. If anything, it should have a further drawback, because it's a generic Miracle Fusion/Avarice combo in exchange for making sure that move counts.

Life's just insanely bad design, like Future Fusion/Shaddoll Fusion. The fact that it can be negated like that does not improve the design, it just makes it more of a "I resolve I win, you answer I lose" card. I'd really scrap it altogether. Do you really want this sort of thing to exist with Dragonecro, FGD (and rulers), and the Omnis existing? You can effectively mill anything.

I do definitely like the idea of alternate names on "Polymerization", though. It just was not executed correctly here.

Archived