CC Moderation Vote

Night

I agree. Basically, my opinion on the matter is this. Frankly this potato incident is not the first time a mod has overstepped their bounds. I recall a few months ago there was issus with mods locking threads with little reason. The thing is, when that happened, nobody caledfor anybody to be demoted. Why? Because they weren't Striker.

Really? I've often called out moderators on whatever might have happened. I don't care that it's Striker or not, considering who else I've done it to. Definitely told other moderators to learn their jobs and such. And other members have definitely implied the place being better off with particular moderators demoted.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really? I've often called out moderators on whatever might have happened. I don't care that it's Striker or not, considering who else I've done it to. Definitely told other moderators to learn their jobs and such. And other members have definitely implied the place being better off with particular moderators demoted.

Just going to go off of this.

Why is striker the one being targeted the most? Why are the cries for him being stripped the loudest?

Because not only is he the easiest moderator to object to, but he's also the one that gets the least backlash from a movement saying he isn't fit for the position.

I'll just go ahead and name people I don't feel are fit to moderate anymore, given their actions or lack thereof.

5-7 of them, upon checking. And that's only stripping their powers, not if they have issues as a team as a whole.

I even went after another moderator in this thread, repeatedly, but my second large post was largely ignored.

Edit:
This entire thread has boiled down to:

"Striker is an immature person who doesn't do enough in CC and should never have been elected", with some extra venom on the side in some cases

Vs

"Well who says that a mod SHOULD do anything, SHOULD prove their worth, SHOULD care about the site, and you're just picking on him because you're biased."

I mean hell, people are still arguing bias when someone who has every reason in the world to hate striker (still don't, though I dislike him) made a completely fair pair of posts and still apologized to Striker that this is happening and that the mods got impatient and promoted him.

Where is your sting without claiming bias? Is it that there's nothing set in stone for what mods - do? Because that feels like a really weak point when the mod team is already overflowing with chaff.

Just going to go off of this.

Why is striker the one being targeted the most? Why are the cries for him being stripped the loudest?

Because not only is he the easiest moderator to object to, but he's also the one that gets the least backlash from a movement saying he isn't fit for the position.

I'll just go ahead and name people I don't feel are fit to moderate anymore, given their actions or lack thereof.

5-7 of them, upon checking. And that's only stripping their powers, not if they have issues as a team as a whole.

I even went after another moderator in this thread, repeatedly, but my second large post was largely ignored.

As earlier mentioned; bleeding hearts.

The problem is that the voting is expected eith a lack of bias when a particularly large reason for his promotion being a bad thing is his personality getting in the way of it. It's no shock that somebody overly-sensitive, among other qualities, would let the power of the position self-justify whatever delusions they may have. Simply, he is not mature enough to be a moderator. My vote would definitely be a no to the question at hand. I do not understand what kind of desperation you must have been in to resort to him.

Not to mention that, because he often received criticism for a long time, it became easier for everybody else to make him look like more of a victim than he really is. If this was the first time anybody complained about him because he was quiet and not as involved with the community, the majority of you would have shut up.

Almost all of Agro's point completely fails in the fave of the fact that Koko and I /did/ improve CC, if only a bit. It reverted without a form hand continuing to guide it, but it did improve for a time.

Like, did no one in the past few posts read my post? Because you keep rehashing points I already tackled.

I took that into account. It's possible that there are people who could improve the section. But like I said, they don't want to be mods.

Unless you've decided to change your mind...?

I think, despite the whole no mods thing, it would be really helpful to hear Sakura's thoughts. Since he's the one who probably knows most of what Striker is actually doing as a mod. If he's willing, it might be good to know.

On further review of what Striker's been doing as a CC mod for the past couple months, only things that I've remember seeing out of him are the creation of the 1v1 forum rule thread, moving some threads that people reported, suggesting that AoC be renamed (though I'm the one who did the name change), moving 1v1s out of the general contest area. In essence, he's pretty much dealing with 1v1 matters and on rare occasions, the other sections.

Hmm, I overestimated his contributions to the CC section when I made my decision earlier. (Although, I generally deal with any CC reports on-sight when I see them, so it could be that he has nothing to really handle in CC, besides his 1v1 area, since either I deal with them [or .Saber/Zextra if they show up]).

I'd like to reiterate that I did bring up the matter with .Saber, whom many of you have no qualms about having the reins to the CC section, over PM and .Saber appreciates the effort that Striker's done; even if it's limited to 1v1s. As much as I'd like to ask .Saber to validate this statement, he's on a two-week hiatus for personal reasons so can't.

Yes, Striker should be helping out more with the other sections, considering .Saber is on vacation (see above) and Zextra (and to an extent, myself) have college studies to attend to; the whole reason that the three of us were promoted was because of Zextra's absence and the downfall of CC's quality.

As for Black, we didn't ignore your other long post about CC's quality (especially in terms of how I'm doing things).

I'll keep this response as short as possible, because this argument is mainly about Striker, not me.

[spoiler=Response]

I admit that I have flaws that hinder my ability to run CC properly like it should be (more or less, know what constitutes a good card, factoring in the existing card pool, so I can properly analyze a card to determine whether or not changes need to be made). Granted, I don't know every single card that's out there; especially the ones currently being used in tournaments. Granted, I have some degree of knowledge of the metagame [and cardmaking], with the consideration that I've passed the Card Making exam thrice (under .Saber), but it's not enough.

Contrary to what your post implies, I am open to criticism and wish to improve my knowledge in the metagame and cardmaking, so I can perform my job better than I am now.

The reason that I haven't consulted you [or Koko] for assistance is mainly due to your attitude at times towards other members (I sincerely apologize if this offends you). Granted, you have an extensive knowledge of how the TCG/metagame works and cardmaking skills; I respect you for that. If you didn't give off the impression that I currently have of you, then I would certainly consult you or Koko for help [or .Saber, if he's around]. I know you mean well for the welfare of CC, so the quality level doesn't sink any lower.

I'm certain you're actually nicer than what I currently make you out to be; just that you sometimes convey your intended messages the wrong way. I sincerely want CC to improve and I certainly wish to improve, so I can perform my duties as a CC moderator at a much higher level.

That being said, I have made some changes to CC (for the better). It's not quite at the standard that we'd all like it to be, but things have gotten better since Zextra got some extra help.

[/spoiler]

As for a replacement moderator of CC (if Striker does get axed and .Saber/myself/Zextra require the aid of a fourth), I have some nominations in mind from active veterans of the section.

Going back to the deadline, given YCM was down for a few days, we could extend it slightly to compensate for it (though the majority of you want Striker out). As a sidenote, we are asking Striker to voluntarily step down, instead of having to force him out, given the evidence you've provided.

Seeing as Sakura has given their thoughts, and has basically said that Striker hasn't done all that much...I think it might be best if he doesn't remain a mod. At this time, he is not needed as a mod, and if others could better, then they should be given the chance. Most of my reason for keeping him was based on the idea that he was doing more than he apparently is.

Maybe in the future he could fit better, but right now...no.

Striker's probably doing more than what I've said of his progress thus far [possibly dealing with the threads that I don't look in], but outside of 1v1s, I honestly haven't seen too much. Again, helping with the other sections is needed [especially in RC, because that's the main part of CC].

I wouldn't mind if he assists in dealing with Pop Culture and AoC [main]; even though those two don't require too much moderation; all he has to do is just apply a toned down version of the RC rules when moderating, and he should be fine. But definitely RC needs to be on his watch list, since the whole CC thing arose from the quality in it; not any of the other sections (those are extra); he does help out with issues there, yes, but more or less his "public" works are 1v1.

Granted, I do appreciate that he's running that area, but if he gets stripped, the only thing he loses is the ability to manually lock threads on his own [in which case, either myself or Zex can lock them (and/or Saber once he returns from trip)].

... Well guys! The timer's up. At the time of posting, it looks like this poll's results are as follows:

[spoiler=results]Should Striker Remain a CC Moderator:

No: (11)
J-Max
Black
DysonSlinky
Rodrigo
Dem the Actual Dragon
terrible mom
Kazooie
Lord CowCow
Barty
Commentator Elly
Cipher Admin Ein

Yes: (6 or 7)
Kyng
Zai
El-Shaddoll Kanoduston
Superior Fusion
UnendingEmpire (79 posts)
Agro
Sakurako Ohmuro

I don't care: (2)
Goose
Catterjune[/spoiler]

So what's next? An extension for "a couple of days" because of downtime? Okay when... specifically will there be a decision?

So what's next? An extension for "a couple of days" because of downtime? Okay when... specifically will there be a decision?

For the sake of transparency, the decision has already been made. It's just a matter of making the "official" statement.

Yes, this has been delayed due to the instability of the forum for those days.

As evilfusion already mentioned, we're going to wait until YCM stabilizes, then a formal resignation will be given.

Ideally, Striker should be resigning around next week if things go as planned. (In actuality, he chose to resign on his own terms, rather than be forced out by this vote; even with a relatively close margin.)

There's also some other issues that need to be addressed as well that are unrelated to Striker. More specifically, two of our elder mods are resigning due to real life problems. However, these two will occur later on, because it will prove chaotic if three mods resign within a matter of days at the same time.

Oh, three of them? I knew 2…time to guess!

It wouldn't really be chaotic, imo. This place is rather quiet, not to mention we've had downtime. Especially considering that if three mods are resigning/demoted, then they most likely weren't doing that much anyway, no offense.

But then again, I'm not in the moderator's shoes. 

You all know Rinne/Phosphorus is resigning, given they've edited their signature to reflect this.

The third one is a bit of a shocker for everyone; many of you may remember them as a mod as far back as 2009-ish.

In essence, we're delaying any demotions right now, so that the mods in question can deal with final things that need to be cleaned up (i.e. Striker writing his resignation speech and so on).

You all know Rinne/Phosphorus is resigning, given they've edited their signature to reflect this.

The third one is a bit of a shocker for everyone; many of you may remember them as a mod as far back as 2009-ish.

In essence, we're delaying any demotions right now, so that the mods in question can deal with final things that need to be cleaned up (i.e. Striker writing his resignation speech and so on).

Even in resignation he has a speech *shot*

Ah, since 2009-ish?

Then let's see if my guess is on the money.

In my head, of course.

It seems Agro is getting what he wanted- a smaller mod team.

10 exactly, and a few of the ones I think are leaving aren't there.

Agro confirmed for…what, exactly? 

Well, the deadline has passed and it is time I resign. For all those who spoke, thank you. Especially Black and Dane because I honestly didn't expect you to say what you said. And Black, let’s try getting that reform that the Leaderboard desperately needs.

*sighs* I realize I haven't been a great mod. In the two months I've been here, I haven't done what I said I would do as a mod aside from the basic stuff that comes with the job. I should have done more, yet I didn't. I'm sorry for letting everyone down. TBH, this isn't something I'm going to forget anytime soon. Though, I'll always remember this short amount of time that I've been a mod. It's a chance I've always wanted, and it came. In hindsight, it should have came later. I blindly took it too soon, and I've wasted it. I’m not sure what to think about that, but it is a fact that I have to live with.

Thank you everyone for the memories. This doesn't mean I'm fading away. This just means I'm going back to the piece of YCM where I call home and focusing on making it better with the help of all of you. Sakura, Saber, Zextra, I'm always available if you ever need a hand. Though, expect me to call for your help more often now with the Leaderboard. XD

Anyway, I hope the mods have learned a lesson from this. Deliberate within the mod forum, but don't forget to include the members. Remember, you are here to serve everybody: the members expect your best at all times. Also, do your best for the sections you care about, or you may end up just like me. And, thank you for everything. I shall now see if I can demote myself. If not, can you do the honors evilfusion?

So, let's try to move on from this and make YCM the place we want it to be.

Archived