Do you find the Mod Team unapproachable? Any other issues with the mods?

Aix

I don't find the mod team unapproachable, but from the few mods I knew from before they became mods I just feel that... well they're different. Like Aix I feel that you became more distant, and a bit harsher after you got promoted, and I felt that you were a lot more lax when you were a member, but that's just my opinion. (I'm not even sure of your opinion of me though, so it might just be that you don't like me.) 

From what I see this is what I feel happened to Sakura to, I feel like he became a lot harsher and stricter after he became a mod.

I feel the most friendly mods though are Zextra, evilfusion & Flame Dragon though the latter two I don't really have much interaction with.

Although I have been enforcing the Advanced Clause and other quality control things in CC, I've in no way become any stricter than when I was a normal member. The reason why it might appear that I'm being harsher on new members is because we'd like members to read the guidelines in the section before posting; that way, it'll cut down on the amount of times we need to remind them not to do something. I've no intention of turning CC into a dictatorship, but as mentioned earlier, the lack of rule enforcement in CC prior to this past July was brought up in the consideration of new CC mods.

Some of the rules in the more lax sections (Pop Culture, AoC) were made a bit tighter than they were in the past, yes, but it was done to promote better quality within the whole section as a whole. I'd also like to note that this was discussed with Saber/Striker/Zex beforehand; not as a lone effort on my part. I'm generally harsh on spambots and on repeat offense members, such as coolspy's recent conduct (I'm the one who dealt with him that night, yes, but there was sufficient evidence to warrant immediate action) and that recent member who continually trolled when we tried to help him out with the generator. Otherwise, I'm still the same, just that I have the responsibility of keeping my section of YCM in order (and to some extent, other areas). To my knowledge, I haven't acted stricter towards others since becoming a moderator. If I have, then I sincerely apologize.

I admit that I am a bit introverted (mostly due to university and other things offline that are beyond my control), but that doesn't mean that I dislike anyone here.

If you need any help or want to talk about something (comment on the state of CC, my actions as a moderator, etc), my PM box is always open; you're more than welcome to message me about things. I'm not going to chew your head off just for doing it. It's true that I am known to tell newbies to give the site rules a pre-read most of the time, but it's done so they can enjoy a long stay on YCM and not run into any problems with other members. Considering that we lose a few of them every so often, I'd like for them to stay and help bring YCM back to life. (To be honest, the behavior of some members in the past is one of the reasons why I left YCM for such a long period of time)

I still participate in friendly discussions outside of the section, whether it's some General discussion stuff or commenting on new games/anime episodes. I don't know everything, and if I don't, I generally ask for help/clarification when needed. Only times I won't ask is if someone comes off as unapproachable, but that rarely occurs.

At the end of the day, I'm still the same Sakura you knew from back then: friendly (though not to the extent that I want to add you to my friend list; enough that we can have mutual respect for each other) and always willing to provide assistance when needed.

I blame her avatar, because I get the same vibe sometimes with no logical justification behind it.

You guys know Sakura is a guy right?

On-Topic: I have no problems with the moderators. Don't know about approachability as I've never had to actually approach them. If I had any complants, it'd be that Yin is a little bit trigger-happy on the warn button.

Archived