Photo

The Unofficial Yu-Gi-Oh! Trading Card Game Rulebook

Unofficial Rulebook YGO PSCT Problem Solving Card Text Rule Rulings How to Play Advanced

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

Zaziuma

Zaziuma

Winter is Coming

• Overwatch Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,049 posts

Disclaimer:
As this is an unofficial rulebook, do not refer to this as an official source, rather, use official Ruling statements made by Konami, penalty guidelines, the Yu-Gi-Oh tournament policies, TCG tournament polices and official rulebook.

Updates (Last Updated 12/02/16 at 10:50 CET)

1: Introduction

2: Contents

3: Good to Know Before Starting

3.1: Getting Started: Deck Building

3.2: Getting Started: Additional Items

3.3: Getting Started: Card Overview

4: Playing Field & The Gamemat

5: Phases

6: More About Monsters & Archetypes

7: Different Effect Types, Spell Speed & When...you can VS If...you can

8: Chains and SEGOC

9: Open and Closed Game State and Fast Effect Timing

10: Breakdown of the Battle Phase

11: Breakdown of the End Phase

12: How "Once Per Turn" Effects Work & Negating Effects and Activations

13: Extra Normal Summons

14: More About Summons

15: Problem Solving Card Text, Targeting and Conjunctions

16: ATK/DEF Modifiers

17: Negating a Summon VS Responding to a Summon

18: Start of the Duel and Matches

19: Victory Conditions

20: Pendulum Monsters

21: Changes in the OCG/OCG only

Edited by Handsome Jack, 05 April 2016 - 06:24 AM.

J-Max A La Madolche

J-Max A La Madolche

Madolche Enthusiast

• Legendary Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,150 posts

I will be digesting this in parts but from what I have read so far, this is an amazing guide. I already knew a lot about the current Meta but didn't know that there could now be 2 Field Spells out at the same time.

vo3byf.jpg

My Guides

Crystal Beasts Madolche

To those who doubt the OTK capability of the Madolche Archetype.....

Trebuchet MS

Trebuchet MS

Living Ghost

• Moderators
  • 4,913 posts
  • Alias:Gadjiltron

Previously if you negated the activation of a card that activated in the Standby Phase such as Treeborn Frog then it could activate again, but now you cannot activate again.

So now my Inaba White Rabbit can't sap all the life out of LaDD anymore? Aww...

MegaMan Battle Network series cards - Cards for Battle Network 1-6 present
Lunar Knights cards

I haven't really switched up my font to match my name. Let's correct that.

Contest Awards

38531Gadjiltron.jpg

Zaziuma

Zaziuma

Winter is Coming

• Overwatch Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,049 posts

I will be digesting this in parts but from what I have read so far, this is an amazing guide. I already knew a lot about the current Meta but didn't know that there could now be 2 Field Spells out at the same time.

Surprising, how much do you play? You should at least have encountered it once or at least heard about it. But anyway, thanks for viewing!

Chaos Knux

Chaos Knux

Beyond Rogue

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,375 posts

So now my Inaba White Rabbit can't sap all the life out of LaDD anymore? Aww...

Treeborn is optional.

Spirits returning to the hand is mandatory. So IWW keeps trying on its own. LaDD still has that critical hole in his armor.

Magic Set Editor can make Pendulums and Links, go get it to ease the 20 year wait until YCM adds them.
http://serenade87.de...ition-671826063

I imagine my cards actually being IN Booster Packs. As such I try and make them worth the rarity I assign them. A higher Rarity means the card is supposed to be more powerful.

My favorite post chain from this board involving myself.

Sigilstars: An Archetype based on the Zodiac

Zaziuma

Zaziuma

Winter is Coming

• Overwatch Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,049 posts

I think it's about time I added something about Xyz Pendulum Monsters, so that is what I did. Check out the OP for more information.

skyline777123

skyline777123

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Can you add the Rules for Dark Synchros, Number Monsters, Statue Cards, and Speed Spells? I know what they are and how they work myself, but others might not. These Rules are for if they ever come out. Any other Unreleased Types that I did not list, in terms of Card Types (NOT ARCHETYPES!), would also be appreciated. :)

Mysty

Mysty

Duelist of Mysterious Strategies

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,514 posts

Can you add the Rules for Dark Synchros, Number Monsters, Statue Cards, and Speed Spells? I know what they are and how they work myself, but others might not. These Rules are for if they ever come out. Any other Unreleased Types that I did not list, in terms of Card Types (NOT ARCHETYPES!), would also be appreciated. :)

1. Numbers don't have the anime Number clause in TCG. They can be destroyed by battle with any Xyz monster.
3. None of Dark Synchros, Statue Cards, nor Speed Spells in the TCG, which this is a rulebook for. If Konami does ever plan to release those cards, they'll post official rules about them. So far, thy don't exist, and are outside the scope of this rulebook.

On-Topic:

• Rulings for Contact Fusion on the wiki states that Contact Fusion is NOT a Fusion Summon.
• Synchro Summons only require non-Tuners if the materials state such (XX-Saber Gottoms doesn't care.) However, Synchro Summoning does require a Tuner even if it isn't explicitly mentioned. (For example, if you have a Phantom of Chaos copying Junk Synchron's name and a Level 1, you still cannot synchro summon Junk Warrior because Phantom of Chaos isn't a Tuner, even if it is "Junk Synchron".)
EDIT: You have this covered.

If I find more errors, I'll edit this post, but I'll be going through it slowly.

What kind of Magic am I?

Zaziuma

Zaziuma

Winter is Coming

• Overwatch Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,049 posts

1. Numbers don't have the anime Number clause in TCG. They can be destroyed by battle with any Xyz monster.
3. None of Dark Synchros, Statue Cards, nor Speed Spells in the TCG, which this is a rulebook for. If Konami does ever plan to release those cards, they'll post official rules about them. So far, thy don't exist, and are outside the scope of this rulebook.

On-Topic:

• Rulings for Contact Fusion on the wiki states that Contact Fusion is NOT a Fusion Summon.
• Synchro Summons only require non-Tuners if the materials state such (XX-Saber Gottoms doesn't care.) However, Synchro Summoning does require a Tuner even if it isn't explicitly mentioned. (For example, if you have a Phantom of Chaos copying Junk Synchron's name and a Level 1, you still cannot synchro summon Junk Warrior because Phantom of Chaos isn't a Tuner, even if it is "Junk Synchron".)
EDIT: You have this covered.

If I find more errors, I'll edit this post, but I'll be going through it slowly.

Oh, not sure how I messed that one up, thanks for noticing, will change that ASAP.

Zaziuma

Zaziuma

Winter is Coming

• Overwatch Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,049 posts

I added something that I recently learned about the Battle Step, in that you must enter it if you enter the Battle Phase, even if you do not plan to attack. Read the "10. Breakdown of the Battle Phase" section for more.

Dog King

Dog King

I took a pill in Ibiza To show Avicii I was cool And when I fina

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,789 posts
  • Alias:Dog King
yes ive always been wanting someone to make this
gonna read this now and i hope there is stuff about missing timing

4ou0x.jpgkZdEb.gif

So what we get drunk
So what we smoke weed
We're just having fun
We don't care who sees

Zaziuma

Zaziuma

Winter is Coming

• Overwatch Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,049 posts

yes ive always been wanting someone to make this
gonna read this now and i hope there is stuff about missing timing

There is, under "7: Different Effect Types, Spell Speed & When...you can VS If...you can".

Dog King

Dog King

I took a pill in Ibiza To show Avicii I was cool And when I fina

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,789 posts
  • Alias:Dog King
btw you added number 6 in the middle of number 5s spoiler

4ou0x.jpgkZdEb.gif

So what we get drunk
So what we smoke weed
We're just having fun
We don't care who sees

Zaziuma

Zaziuma

Winter is Coming

• Overwatch Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,049 posts

btw you added number 6 in the middle of number 5s spoiler

Not sure how that happened. It should be fixed now.

Zaziuma

Zaziuma

Winter is Coming

• Overwatch Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,049 posts

The Damage Step has had some changed, both minor and more major. I have not yet updated this, but I will be doing so soon, for now you can view the changed below. Note that I will not be updating the changes for DN only listed in that thread, only the other ones:

http://forum.dueling...ve-immediately/

Zaziuma

Zaziuma

Winter is Coming

• Overwatch Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,049 posts

Updated 10. Breakdown of the Battle Phase with the new Damage Step rules. Be sure to check it out, it's quite important! Also Updated 11. Breakdown of the End Phase a bit as well. Other minor updates as well.

Zaziuma

Zaziuma

Winter is Coming

• Overwatch Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,049 posts

Currently updating the whole rulebook with formatting changes, updates to outdated things, improved images, new things etc. I have done up to "4. Playing Field & Gamemat" so far. Also, I have also made a new subsection called "20.3 Pendulum Normal Monsters" in "20. Pendulum Monsters" section as well as updated a few things in that same section and in the "Changes in the OCG/OCG only" section, which also have gotten another name since the changes aren't really that recent anymore.

Zaziuma

Zaziuma

Winter is Coming

• Overwatch Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,049 posts

Updated the rulebook up until "6. More About Monsters & Archetypes".

Zaziuma

Zaziuma

Winter is Coming

• Overwatch Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,049 posts

Updated the rulebook up until "7: Different Effect Types, Spell Speed & When...you can VS If...you can".

Zaziuma

Zaziuma

Winter is Coming

• Overwatch Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,049 posts

Updated the rulebook up until "8: Chains and SEGOC".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users