Gotham

[spoiler='Potential spoilers. I don't really think it is a spoiler assuming you know the characters, but eh.']

Bullock and Gordon have a pretty interesting dynamic; veteran cop who knows the way the city works and figures its in everyone's best interests to not change the status quo and idealistic rookie who wants to bring true order to the city and not just sweep the dirt under the rug like everyone else. Considering they're presented as our protagonists, I'm expecting this to get some really good development.

I also really liked Oswald Cobblepot. I could see his ambition and since I know who he is going to become, I'm just waiting for him to get his moment. His bottled up anger was not something I expected though, I don't really remember him as unbalanced in any way, just a criminal. Also, it's nice to see Bruce not be the center of attention for a change. I always felt like side characters should have the spotlight for once.

I did feel like Selina, Nygma, and Ivy weren't really necessary, but overall, it was a good pilot and really has me expecting a lot from the series.

[/spoiler]

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I feel it was awesome tbh. Not that familiar with the comics. Read DC regularly but still, more of a Marvel fan.

Anyway, I cant really say that I am that familiar with the backstories and the characters in general, from the comics.

Characters in the show though, imo is awesome, and I do like the Gordon/Bullock pair alot. Cant really add that much more until the next few episodes air.

Penguin's rise in power is something I'm interested in following with this show. And also to see Bullock's transformation into a more decent man as Gordon rubs off on him.

I think it's pretty solid overall. Sometimes the narrative will be laying it on a little thick and bits of overacting here and there, but I'm enjoying the show.

Archived