[SNAKE CONFIRMED] Constellarknight Diamond [SECE]

Well, that escalated quickly.

DVrcQHd.png

Constellarknight Diamond
LIGHT/Wyrm/Xyz/Effect
5/2700/2000
3 Level 5 LIGHT monsters
During your Main Phase 2, you can also Xyz Summon this card by using a "tellarknight" Xyz Monster you control as the Xyz Material, other than "Constellarknight Diamond". (Xyz Materials attached to that monster also become Xyz Materials on this card.)
①: While this card has Xyz Material, neither player can send cards from the Deck to the Graveyard, and if a card would be returned from the Graveyard to the hand, banish it instead.
②: When an opponent's DARK monster activates an effect: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; negate that activation and if you do, destroy it.

This card is nuts. It locks the deck, and punishes card recycling and DARKs at the same time; all that hate, I think it does too much.

That aside, getting a card that merges Tellarknights with Sacred/Constellars, and even Gem-Knights (if only for its name) is quite surprising. I mean, I think we all assumed and/or concluded the former 2 were related somehow because of their star themes and whatnot, but until now Konami had not made any card that directly tied them together. I can't wait to see the artwork as well to understand how come this card is Wyrm-Type and is named "Diamond". Also I'm looking forward to this card's backstory and role in the DT Universe, although I suspect it will be some sort of "deus ex machina"-like answer to Shaddolls.

...Why is it a Wyrm?

Anyways, it's cool beans (and it's even cooler because it's related to M7). It puts Shaddolls in a bad spot, but they can still get over it by means of Construct. I probably wouldn't play it in random decks if I need to rely on Telos to summon it (but if a 2 mat Tellar Xyz is released, on the other hand...).

...Why is it a Wyrm?

Anyways, it's cool beans (and it's even cooler because it's related to M7). It puts Shaddolls in a bad spot, but they can still get over it by means of Construct. I probably wouldn't play it in random decks if I need to rely on Telos to summon it (but if a 2 mat Tellar Xyz is released, on the other hand...).

2ch posters are speculating that it has to do with the uncorrupted Yang Zings, Sombre and the Tellarknights combining their powers. Sombre had the powers of being a Gem-Knight and a Constellar, explaining the name. This is still just speculation though.

Also, you may not be able to use Constellars to Xyz into this, but you can Xyz into M7 with it.

2ch posters are speculating that it has to do with the uncorrupted Yang Zings, Sombre and the Tellarknights combining their powers. Sombre had the powers of being a Gem-Knight and a Constellar, explaining the name. This is still just speculation though.

Also, you may not be able to use Constellars to Xyz into this, but you can Xyz into M7 with it.

I was about to come in and expound on this.

Sombres has both the power of Ptolemy AND Diamond, because she used Diamond's sword to help her bind the fallen Constellars (ptolemy remains) to herself. So she is, in essence, Diamond and Ptolemy.

After becoming a goddess, she probably refined herself into new Diamond. The purest of the pure.

This is likely goddess!sombres.

This.
I mean... Assuming it's at the time of Shaddolls, Diamond is, what, dead?
So it could be another case of Roach, in the sense that he just miraculously came back as a good guy.
Or something like that.

Pretty much. By this point, all the Gem Knights ( With the exception of Sombres/Lazuli ) are dead. And maybe/technically Lapis, since Lapis is probably where Neph came from.

EDIT....... I know why its a Wyrm. Sacred Serpant's Wake. 

Kerkcyion and Sombres supposedly became something called the Sacred Serpant after killing Sophia. What if they each became something else, and Black is right. This is just Sombres's upgrade.

Man, that's f***ing cool.

Even a Wyrm...

This replaces my King of Heavy Industry in Artifacts, haha.

That just sounds so ridiculously cool.

…I just realized that now we'll have a format where these decks can compete on somewhat even grounds, cool.

As much as I think Satellars are dumb, I'd play em to shut Shadolls up.

EDIT: Tierra may have actually overtaken Kery, come to think of it.

Unlike Sombres, who is, at the core, Sophian... Kery is pure Tierran. Lswarm + Constellar.

Given how she reused his OG staff (granted, she made it, but...) and the implications that Kery hasn't been involved... it could be she uses him to finalize materializign as Tierra.

Unlike Sombres, who is, at the core, Sophian... Kery is pure Tierran. Lswarm + Constellar.

I still doubt that Gem-Knights are Sophian, but also Tierran. This is because I find weird how specifically the Gem-Knight cores, allegedly Sophian creations, were needed to power up the Qliphorts, which are Tierran creations. Why would Tierra design machines that work with creations of her antagonist? And Qliphorts working with any power source is out of the question, otherwise Nephilim/Tierra wouldn't have bothered with the "process" of incinerating Caingorgorn/Egrystal to release the cores.

If Gem-Knights are Tierran, that would make Sombres pure Tierran as well. And if that's the case, then it means it was Tierra who indirectly defeated Sophia, through the combination of her separate creations, which makes things a bit more interesting.

By the way, tierra means "earth" in spanish. Pointing this out because it may be a reference to a character or event from the Jewish mythos (considering both Shaddolls and Qliphorts are based on it) that may lead to more clues of Tierra's nature or purpose.

Archived