Classic AMA

Andx

Now I know what you're thinking coming into this. You're thinking "But Repede, you're just that dog that no one really knows anymore." And that's a fair point to be sure. And I might say there's a few old people around who remember and I poke around miscellaneous here enough that surely people might be curious.

But then you see the title and you fear the worst. "There probably won't even be a video where I get to make fun of his voice." And you would be correct. So yeah go ahead and complain but uploading a 5-15 minute video of me barking wouldn't be fun for anyone. (Well maybe except me but I'd be the only one who understood it.)

So boring as it may be, feel free to ask anything you care to. And then I'll type up responses for you.

#oldschool #SeriousAMA #Ithinkhe'sseriousaboutthiswholedogthing #omgstophashtagging

Why dogs? (Yes the cow is asking this, what of it?)

Well funny story. Back in the summer or 2010 or so I think it was I looking for a new avi. Being a big fan of the tales of series I found Repede here and went with it because why not. Needless to say it surprised everyone. I went with it long enough for it to become a thing and never changed ever again (being a dog i mean as I have changed characters). It was funny and I liked it so I stuck with it. I also have liked dogs for some time though hadn't until quite recently ever been able to own one.

Do you like biscuits?

Yes.

Aside from whatever your avatar/sig is, do you have a favorite dog breed?

Well the dog we actually own is a cute little mix of things including corgi, chihuahua and perhaps even shiba inu. And while I do love him my favorite breed would likely be labradors or border collies. Not a fan of small yappy dogs or huge ones.

What came first; the puppy or the dog?

Excellent question. Enough so that I've fashioned two different responses to it. The first being what I initially came up with, the second being me wanting to take a slightly more lighthearted approach since, at least from simply reading the question, I couldn't help but think it was meant in a more comical tone.

[spoiler=Initial/More serious response]

Now of course any dog was first a puppy but I know that's not really what you're asking.

So the deeper question is that of whether the full grown dog simply came into existence or if a puppy was somehow born first without there being any dogs.

At least so far as we understand evolution and common ancestry of animals we would have to say that there were some common ancestors of canines and that eventually something we would classify as a dog would have been born so the puppy came first born to very nearly dog like creatures.

Most Christians would state that God created all the animals so the dog would have come first.

So in reality what you're asking me is our science right or is Christianity right.

And while I could go into details on how I feel science and religion don't have to fight and disagree as they do that would be quite a the process to go through to answer what seems like a fairly simple question.

So in short, I don't know.

YAY LAME ANSWER.

But that's about all I can say really. I believe in God and that he created everything but whether he just zapped every animal into existence as they currently stand or used natural selection and evolution to diversify life on the planet over the course of thousands or millions of years is something He hasn't told us.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Not as serious response]

Descartes tells us that the reason we know we exist is because we think ("I think therefore I am."). But this means I can only verify my own existence because I only hear myself think. I haven't heard anyone or anything else think so by this argument I can't know that anything else exists.

With this in mind I can't know that any other dog exists so I must be the only real dog at least in my own mind. And I for one was never a puppy.

So your answer, the dog came first.

[/spoiler]

Much as I may enjoy steak there are cows present. I will respect their kindred dead by not eating their delicious flesh.

But anyway I'm going to have to say no to the whole guard dog thing. It just seems totally beneath me.

How many times have you actually finished Vesperia?

And who did you use?

I mostly used Yuri and Karol, myself, but I'm wondering if you just used Repede every time.

Uh-oh. It's like super dark deep down secret confession time.

I... have never played Tales of Vesperia.

*cue shock and alarm*

I can spin a sad tale of not owning an Xbox 360 and how Vesperia would be like the only thing I'd be interested in for it so I could never justify asking parents to buy one and all of that jazz. And of course namco will never localize the ps3 remake of it which I would be able to play since I do have that.

But yes, I have not played it. *tears of deep sorrow*

I've beaten Tales of Symphonia like 8 times, Tales of the Abyss like 6 times, and Tales of Graces once. Given the opportunity I would play vesperia so hard.

But you had one though...

Okay so slight amendment, NOW I'm a strong independent doge, don't need no master.

You want a biscuit?

Oh sure.

Oh!

I've played Symphonia, Dawn of the New World, Radiant Mythology, Abyss, Vesperia and Hearts.

What do you think of Symphonia's OST?

And why would you be Repede if you don't even know the character from the source material?

Oh yeah beat Dawn of the New world like twice.

Love several tracks from Symphonia. Though some are technically from phantasia like Fighting of the Spirit and stuff.

Well I know of Vesperia and stuff. Not super spoiled on plot or anything somehow or other but I've seen many a mystic arte exhibition and combo video for it. Choosing Repede as an avi was originally just "lol he looks cool lets do it". That and I loved the idea of a dog fighting in a Tales game.

On an interesting side note I was also Koromaru from Persona 3 for a while once before I ever really knew that game. Eventually did play it though.

So what was it like going off to be a missionary for a couple years? Cool experience(s) I'm guessing?

More like totally insane experiences.

Like I know I probably should have died a good few times at least while I was out there.

Watching people's lives change is amazing. They don't even recognize it but after even a month of teaching someone I'd look back and be in awe over how they'd changed.

Being recognized everywhere you go is a super weird feeling too. I was constantly in a white shirt and tie (even while biking around Florida in the summer) and had a name tag with my Church's name on at all times. So anywhere you go people have either seen you at some point, talked to other missionaries, seen you around somewhere, or heard about you. Everyone looks at you wondering who the heck you are.

One of the funnier things was how no matter what store I was in, people would mistake me as a store employee. Like even in walmart and target where employees are required to wear blue and red respectively. Most of the time I'd simply tell them I wasn't an employee. But every so often I'd just simply see if I couldn't help them and after a little bit of me not necessarily knowing where something was they'd read the name tag and realize I wasn't actually an employee.

But um yeah, great stuff. Helped me focus in life a fair bit better, certainly helped me mature and get a glimpse into "real life".

EDIT: for the lulz and cuz I don't wanna make a whole other thread despite wanting to participate in the fad.

[spoiler=Me and my waifu]

repede_and_ammy__trade__by_twilighttrave

[/spoiler]

Your waifu looks like a tots hotty.

So two questions for you;

1. Will you ever use an avatar besides Repede?

and more importantly

2. If I told you I could get the Japanese version of Vesperia for you, how stoke would you be?

Thank you, I feel that way about her too.

1.) I will and have. Not long ago my name and avi/sig were Toboe from Wolf's Rain. Granted the selection of awesome looking dogs makes finding new characters a bit tough. I've been Wingal from cardfight and Koromaru from Persona 3 as well. Always open to new options though.

2.) If by japanese version you meant the PS3 remake with more and better stuff I would probably pass out, wake up and almost pass out again and maybe even start barking uncontrollably. Granted idk if the PS3 is region locked and I wouldn't be able to understand a thing going on. But still.

Here's a BUMP for great justice.

Well actually just in case anyone cares to give me something to do like answer questions. What with all the AMAs popping up again one more can't possibly hurt.

What's up with your username? Are you trying to be hipster?

Nah, just had to use fancy text to actually use the name. Some user who never did anything has got the plain text version of the name. Same thing happened when I used Toboe before this.

Archived