Askimbo Malware Issue [IMPORTANT]

Fusion X. Denver

Question

For the past week or two, I've noticed that on certain sections of the forum, Chrome will tell me there's malware ahead and that I need to exit.

And apparently several other members have had this issue as well.

Is it possible for the Mods or YCMaker to address this? If so, would you?

EDIT: Case in point, just as I exited the thread to the main page, this happened.

W8RIzmi.png

Though when I click to it now, I don't get the warning.

Should we be concerned or what?

Avast flagged on me yet again, this time on the main forum page. (The Card Maker itself seems immune to this bugger.)

Though this block was slightly unusual...

This is from the last block showing YCM's address with hxxp instead of http

This MIGHT be a problem only the actual admin can fix...if only the almighty one's ass actually showed up more frequently.

Oh, boy, this is a bigger problem than I thought.

I just got reminded of this when Avast started going nuts on me, requiring me to temporarily turn off its protection to get to this site. I decided to try and find info on it myself and smacked into this:

Google Safe Diagnostic for askimbo.com

Now, according to this, only this site has been nailed by this, so I decided to check the diagnostic link for this forum...it's not the only thing here. askimbo.net is just the flag that has let us know something's up.

Google Safe Diagnostic for yugiohcardmaker.net

I think I now know why some of the same PUPs keep reappearing on my laptop before it decided to stop charging anymore, and that's DESPITE AVG scanning every hour.

[spoiler because pics > text]ADFsody.png[/spoiler]

So far it's been on the main page, my messages, and the misc section, although it's safe to assume it's all over the forum. I went to the listed website on my phone out of curiosity, and Safari couldn't load anything.

I mean, if this is happening to people beyond the status bar, some acknowledgement of it would be nice.

Ah yes, interesting.

When I click my bookmark from this topic, I don't get a warning. However, when I click the logo in the top left corner, I do get the warning, despite them both apparently leading to the same place.

EDIT: It also happens when I use the YCM2 theme, but when I used the mobile theme (on my computer) I didn't get the warning going to the main page.

Ah yes, interesting.

When I click my bookmark from this topic, I don't get a warning. However, when I click the logo in the top left corner, I do get the warning, despite them both apparently leading to the same place.

Checked this by retyping the url.

Only does it if you click the logo.

Same thing happens to me from time to time. It looks like a continuation of when my Avast went absolutely crazy on a few occasions. Its linked to this Askinsko.com thing. I did a quick google search of it and next to no info on it at all.

EDIT: Went to view New Content and TADA! D:

Fbq4R.jpg
Oh and by the way, if anyone gets this warning just click on Details on the bottom and scroll down. There is a option to ignore the issue and view the thread.

Archived