[Sakura] Mecha Phantom Beast Amarock

Mecha Phantom Beast Amarock
(幻獣機 アマロック, Genjūki Amarokku)

Level 8 / WIND / Machine / Synchro / Effect

1 "Mecha Phantom Beast" Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner "Mecha Phantom Beast" monsters
When this card is Synchro Summoned: You can Tribute up to 2 Tokens you control; target the same number of cards on the field, and if you do, destroy those targets. Other "Mecha Phantom Beast" monsters you control cannot be targeted by your opponent's card effects. If this card is destroyed by your opponent's card (either by battle or a card effect) and sent to the Graveyard: You can send up to 2 cards from your hand to the Graveyard; add the same number of "Mecha Phantom Beast" monsters with different names from the Deck to your hand.

ATK 2600 / DEF 2100

An idea that I had originally made in the Create-A-Card thread, this is meant to be a Level 8 monster that MPBs can make on their own.

Originally had it Tribute up to 3 tokens, and have it nuke the same amount of stuff accordingly, but decided it was overkill given that the Tokens can be anything (factoring in the 3x Scapegoat that usually get run and prevalence of said MPB tokens). Its destruction effect is more or less some search power, and combos with Olion to some degree (currently impossible until new word.

Name originates from the Amaru (from South America) and an F-35 stealth bomber; original name was Amaraito (Amaru and Lightning from the class it belongs to).

Anyway, CnC please.

Reps given to those who write proper reviews.

This would do wonders for the archetype.  I play a lot of Mecha Phantom Beasts myself, and the two major problems the deck has is speed and consistency.  A level 8 might be a bit difficult, as the easiest way I can think of is to go Olion with either 2 tokens or a level 6, such as hamstrat with 1 token on board.  In terms of effects, this seems very similar to Jacruslan.  

The pop effect seems very fair as it requires 2 Tokens to be on the field before it hits the field, which is probably the amount that one would naturally have.  However you say it combos with Olion, and I'm afraid it does not work like that; the tribute is a cost, and therefore even if Olion is chain link 2, the Tokens are tributed before the chain even starts resolving. (Comes from me playing Jacruslan, which has the same wording for its first effect)

Then it offers some protection, just like Jac, and although it's not as powerful it definitely isn't bad, and combined with Jac it provides almost perfect protection to everything except themselves.  

But the star of the show is that search power.  An add 2 just by discarding 2 in a deck with consistency issues is phenomenal.  One change that I would make to that, and I'm just sure it is necessary, is to add "with different names" to prevent any looping shenanigans [once again, I can't think of anything that fits that bill, but just as a precautionary measure, it might be useful].

In summary there isn't much that I don't like about this card.  Like I said I'm not sure about the level, as I find myself very rarely being able to go for a level 8 (at least in my build), but I find level 9's to be much easier, especially with Blue Impala.  Just something to consider.  In terms of the first effect, if you truly want it to combo with Olion, you are gonna have to change the wording so that it is not a cost, but it is still a fabulous effect even without that combo potential.  Definitely at least a 9/10 for me and I would absolutely run at least one of these in my Extra Deck.  Great Job.

Ah yes, I had forgotten that the discarding is a cost and won't trigger; ideally wanted to make it combo with Olion to some extent, but it can still work without the intended effect. I'll figure out how to not make it a cost, so it can do it.

But yeah, I technically borrowed some of Jacruslan's effects and adapted them a bit differently so they don't come off as carbon copies of it. Basically has some protection from 101 and other targeting things; combined with Jac; it sets up a nice wall. As for the different names bit; that can be arranged (unless you add multiple Olions or something)

For Level stuff, I could probably lower it to 6 and consecutively, drop its stats to 2300/1800 or something OR raise it to 10 and boost it to 2900/3000 ATK and keep DEF same, if not boost it slightly. Or just hope that Konami makes new MPBs to facilitate summoning this.

Archived