[Leaderboard] Gadjiltron vs Nai (Victory Nai)

Trebuchet MS

Rules

• All Leaderboard rules apply.
  • First to 3 votes or most votes by the deadline wins.
  • The winner gets a rep from the loser.
  • Voters are to explain their reasoning. Better-explained thought processes will receive reps.
  • Written cards are allowed. (Must be in written format, cards with blank pictures are not acceptable)
  • Remove any evidence of the card being made by you to ensure anonymity.
  • In case a downtime happens, the deadlines may be extended.

Deadlines

• PM your cards within 48 hours after I accept the challenge.
  • Voters have 72 hours to vote once the cards are posted up.

Requirements

• Make a support card for any of the Hidden Arsenal DT archetypes.
  • Said card must also not be a tutor or a form of draw power - i.e. cannot put cards from Deck to hand, even by drawing.

Card A

Jurrac Oxalaia
*7 Dinosaur/Synchro/Effect FIRE 2600/1700
1 tuner + 1 or more non-tuner "Jurrac" monsters
When a "Jurrac" monster you controls destroys a monster by battle, Special Summon 1 Dinosaur-type monster with 1700 or lower ATK from your deck to your side of the field in face-up Defense Position. This effect of "Jurrac Oxalaia" can only be activated once per turn.

Card B

MkWWkDr.jpg

[spoiler Card Text]Monsters your opponent controls and in your opponent's Graveyard become LIGHT. Once per turn, during either player's turn, when a LIGHT monster's effect is activated: You can banish 1 "Ally of Justice" or "Genex Ally" monster from your Graveyard; negate that activation, and if you do, destroy it. You can only control 1 face-up "Ally Snare".[/spoiler]

I vote for Card A

In short while both cards are very good at helping their respective archetypes achieve there goal, I feel that Ally Snare is a tad excessive. Ally Snare not only counts does blanket attribute switch, but the fact that it is a borderline costless interruption during either player's turn. This is pretty aggressive for and harsh for one continuous spell card. The Jurrac monster on the other hand is delightfully simple and manages to limit itself with a once per turn clause.

Card A:

At first I thought it dangerously outclassed Giganoto, but then I realized Giganoto not only is subpar and shouldn't be taken as a reference, but also would wtill retain its role as a walking Solidarity during mid/late game. Anyways, this card would help Jurracs with early swarming for Synchro7 or Evolzar/Rank4 plays, and comes with a respectable 2600 ATK for a Synchro7. However, it has the same condition that I believe holds Jurracs back: destruction by battle. If it instead triggered at the end of the Battle Phase when a Jurrac declared an attack or battle, it would have been slightly better. Regardless, the effect is good and generates nice pluses after resolving a Guaiba.

Card B:

A floodgate. To put it simply, these kind of cards are not healthy for the game. Yes, it does need heavy fueling by setting Ally monsters in the grave in order to keep it active, but it still an abusive card. Plus one could always abuse cards such as Kuribandit or LS engines to maintain the Spell and basically stop the opponent from using any monster effect. Combine it with Light-Imprisoning Mirror and the opponent will be trapped in a really tough lock.

The effect of turning monsters into LIGHTs is cute, but it doesn't address which I believe are the main issues of Allies: speed and power plays (1-card Synchros, etc.). Although the 1vs1 requirement didn't allow for adding cards to the hand, there are other ways for adding speed to an archetype, such as Special Summoning from the deck, grave or at worse from the hand, or plain card drawing.

I vote for Card A.

I vote for card A. First I want you to know that I hate Floodgate, and card B is even more powerful than typical floodgates that I already hate a lot. A Once per turn costless Divine Wrath that also unlock/trigger AOJ monsters' abilities, not much to say about that. Card A is good, decent ATK, nice effect, not much to say, too.

Archived