Ludum de Morte

(GigaDrillBreaker)

[url=http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/322862-ludum-de-morte-oocnsnapg-16/]OOC[/url]

Naoko woke like any other morning, a moment before her alarm clock would have gone off. She always found it ironic that, although she even had trouble placing names to faces, she could remember to get up every morning. Reaching her hand out from underneath the blanket, She held it over the clock, waiting for it to sound so that she could slam her fist down on the snooze button and return to her blessed sleep. Her eyes still closed, she counted the seconds in her head: 5... 4... 3... 2... 1... 0. Raising an eyebrow against the pillow, she continued: negative 1, negative 2, negative 3, negative 4... Why hasn't it rung yet? 

Raising her head to look at the clock, she was momentarily perplexed to find that there in fact was no clock. In fact, the dresser she typically had beside her bed didn't seem to be present... and the walls were a different color... Sitting up in the bed she just realized she had no recollection of falling asleep in, she spoke with a croaky, dry-tongued morning voice... "Did I move..?" Glancing around the strange room, the first thing she recognized was her cell-phone, sitting on a desk she couldn't remember buying. Jumping to her feet and walking toward it, she continued her soliloquy, "This is odd, even for me..." 

Nearly tripping over a rug she would have forgotten about, even if she tripped over it every morning of her life, she reached the table and picked up her phone. Turning it on, it registered zero bars (is the service usually this bad..?) and one unread text message. Opening the message, she read it aloud to herself, alternating between a cold, robotic tone, and her usual cheery voice:

*Good morning, Naoko! Good morning, unknown contact! Now, as I imagine you can see, this room is not your own. What a relief... You probably picked up your phone to call the police, didn't you! The police? Now why would I... Well, that simply isn't going to work. Why not? For all intents and purposes, you are now dead to the world, records and everything! I am? I don't remember this happening... Of course, you can get your life back. What life? What are you talking about? All you have to do is take that of someone else's! Wait, does that mean, as in killing them..? A certain... oh well. Don't recognize that name. Must not be important.. You know, the... actually, you can figure that out for yourself. Happy hunting!*

Naoko slumped against the wall. From what she could gather, she had been kidnapped, and the only way out was to kill a person she didn't even know. Was this some kind of joke? Turning her head, she noticed the closet, and opened it to find sets of clothing that appeared... more familiar than everything else so far... and slipped on  a white mini-dress. Looking back to the bed, she saw that, on the opposite side from where she expected the clock to be, was a small table, with a digital camera on it. For the first time that morning, her face changed from a confused expression to a smile, as she picked up her most prized possession. 

Walking toward the door, she spoke to herself, "There is no way they want me to kill anyone. This must be a joke..." Opening her door, she stepped out into the hallway and followed the sign that said breakfast.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aaron jolted upright.

Something is . . . off . . ., he thought, quickly clearing out the early-morning bleariness.

The young man's mind went into overdrive- he had arrived here in Japan, he had left the airport . . . and then nothing was clear. He shook his head, annoyed at the series of events.

He looked about the room he had woken up in. Well, he thought snarkily, the living conditions are already better than back home. First plus of the day.

He tapped at his pockets,which were disturbingly empty- his phone was resting on the desk, his backpack o' junk was resting on the floor, and his wallet (with identification) appeared to be missing. Great. Robbed.

He quickly picked up his phone under the belief that the phone calls he made would help fill the gap in his memory. The new message intrigued him.

He quickly scanned the text, reading it our times and committing the name written within to memory, before deleting it. If I can find this person, maybe- jut maybe- I will cooperate. I have no picture to work with, and I doubt someone would actually order me to kill anyone. It just doesn't have the slightest smattering of logical sense to it.

He re-pocketed his phone, and threw his backpack over his shoulder. He left the room, quickly deciding he needed to familiarize himself with his surroundings. As he stepped out into the hall, a floorboard creaked annoyingly under his foot.

Velia woke up, and suddenly sprang up from the unfamiliar bed. She looked around the luxury room in confusion, then she noticed something on the desk, iPh*ne 6+, the last model of smartphone she always wanted even thought she never bought any cell phone due to her shortage. Now it was just simply laid on the desk like that and she somehow felt it was legitimately hers. She picked it up and... threw it to the wall with all her might. After seconds passed, she walked to the phone and picked it up before muttering

"So... not a bomb..."

As she turned on a phone, a sign of an unread message on the app on the wallpaper with a "Gift for you" text could be seen. She opened the mail and read it aloud. It helps her remember something better than just silently read it.

"Good morning, Velia! Now, as I imagine you can see, this room is not your own. You probably picked up your phone to call the police, didn't you! Well, that simply isn't going to work. For all intents and purposes, you are now dead to the world, records and everything! Of course, you can get your life back. All you have to do is take that of someone else's! A certain..."

She stopped as she sensed someone's gaze. She looked around the room again, but everything was normal. She murmured "Being... watched?" before turned her attention back to the message.

"...Who is this?... whatever, You know, the... actually, you can figure that out for yourself. Happy hunting!... hunting... you mean killing?"

Poor iPh*ne, it was dropped and smashed the ground twice in one morning. The culprit could be seen kneeled and covered her head with her hands, as if she was afraid of something. Something called her memories. She once had everything needed to take someone's life, weapons, abilities, opportunities, and yet she couldn't do it and lose everything she had. Her Dad, her house, her freedom...

Tears started to well up as Velia recalled her past. She couldn't even killed someone who was clearly trying to harm and capture her. How can she kill someone she didn't even know just to free herself from this place...

"What should I do...?"

Yuu has been awake for about ten minutes, but was still undecided, on whether to open his eyes or not. He had only two weeks left, two weeks until he could graduate. But spending two more weeks among those simple-minded ... students was just horrible, two weeks that would be feeling like eternity. But he would do what he always did, spending his time minding his own business, hoping the pre-graduation partys wouldn't be that annoying.

Finally, he decided to open his eyes. He was not in his dorm room. He was alone. In a place he had never been before. 'The world is finally getting exciting, it appears...' At this moment, he recognized that his phone, which has been lying next to his head over the night,  was showing that Yuu recieved a Text Message. 'Strange.' he had to admit. It was oblivious that he was kidnapped, but why should a kidnapper leave the victims phone next to him? And leave a message? Even if Yuu had no bars here, the kidnapper should converse with his parents instead of him. Maybe he was a Psycho? Maybe he didn't want money, maybe he just wanted to keep Yuu locked up and tortured? At least, it wouldn't be boring this way.

He focused on the Text Message, when he finally realized why his kidnapper put him here. It was a game. A game of death, life being the price. And somewhere here, was an individual, which he had to kill to escape. However, he doubted it to be so easy. There wouldn't just be the two of them and the fact that he wasn't given a picture, just a name, showed him, that there were more people around here. A Psycho Kidnapper, if he was one or a fan of funny games, wouldn't make it that easy. Also, that wouldn't be the only twist in here, he just hasn't figured out the other ones.

Gleefully, Yuu walked towards the door, which was, as he had presumed, unlocked and got outside. It has been so long since he had been so excited! It was a challenge, a difficult problem. And Yuu loved to solve problems, even if the solution would end up being murder. So he went to the place that lead to 'breakfast', eager to meet the other problems.

Saori slowly stirred to life for the day, expecting to partake in just the same old miserable routine. But as she examined the room in whence she slept, she quickly realized that she was in a different place than what she'd remembered. Saori'd felt a sharp pain somewhere in the back of her shoulder, and rolled over to feel that somewhere, only to find the gun that she always kept just behind her shoulder blade. That could only mean that she'd been sleeping on the floor the entire time... which was completely unlike her. Confused, Saori turned her attention to her knapsack, where she kept everything she deemed worth carrying. In among her tools was her phone, which she kept a separate compartment. There were no bars for signal, but curiously there was a single unread text message. Saori read this aloud.

"Good morning, Saori. Now, as I imagine you can see, this room is not your own. You probably picked up your phone to call the police, didn't you? Well, that simply isn't going to work. For all intents and purposes, you are now dead to the world, records and everything. Of course, you can get your life back. All you have to do is take that of someone else's. A certain..." Soari glanced over the name as, considering she never heard of someone by that name before, she had no idea on how to pronounce it, "You know, the... actually, you can figure that out for yourself. Happy hunting..."

There were so many questions that Saori wanted to ask this clearly deranged mongrel, like... why was he doing this? What would he gain by kidnapping Saori and whoever else he'd kidnapped and telling them to kill each other? How exactly did he manage to kidnap Saori despite her having a gun in her possession? And first and foremost, how did he know her and this other person's names? Unfortunately, it was only a growing list of questions that would remain unanswered, possibly for all eternity. All the windows were heavily barricaded... well the ones in her room were at the very least, but she just had to assume all the others were too, no-one could contact this person by phone because of the lack of signal, and no-one in their right mind would remain in the premises knowing people would likely be angry with them. Still, with so much potential information lost, Saori sunk her head in a defeatist manner.

'I had a gun on me, and yet this guy still managed to catch me unaware. How does he expect me to kill anyone?'

With this on her mind, Saori slowly opened the door, accepting whatever fate lay before her...

Mamoru stirred in bed wrapping the comfortable sheets around his body, feeling so relaxed as he sunk into the mattress. It took his sleepy mind a moment to figure out something was wrong though as he felt the sheets.

"This material it doesn't feel right..." Mamoru whispered to himself, furrowing his brow his eyes not open yet, "did I change them, maybe? No, I changed them a week ago I remember." Slowly Mamoru opened his eyes, fearful of what he might find when he opened them. Stiffly the young man brought himself into an upright position taking in his surroundings, finding his worst fears realized. 

"No, no, no... this can't be happening... this isn't right..." Mamoru said to himself becoming increasingly more panicked, "I was just with my mother and father... last night... right?" Try as he might though Mamoru simply could not remember what had happened last night, in fact he couldn't recall what had happen yesterday at all. 

"Okay... okay, Mamoru calm down think this through," the young man said with a shaky breath, "alright, maybe whoever kidnapped me was stupid enough to leave my phone on me. Hopping off the bed he looked around the room, his eyes quickly resting to his smartphone lying on the desk, letting out a relieved sigh Mamoru walked over furrowing his brow when he saw he had an unread message.

Good morning, Mamoru! Now, as I imagine you can see, this room is not your own. You probably picked up your phone to call the police, didn't you! "Actually I did, your deductive powers are astonishing, jackass," Well, that simply isn't going to work. For all intents and purposes, you are now dead to the world, records and everything! "Of course it isn't, you wouldn't be stupid enough to leave my phone with me," Mamoru sighed scowling at the lack bars displaying on the phone. Of course, you can get your life back. All you have to do is take that of someone else's! A certain... "Who...? Wait a sec... did this thing just say... take someone else's life, that can't be... right..." You know, the... actually, you can figure that out for yourself. Happy hunting!

Mamoru read the message several times over, hoping to change what the infernal text said. He would seriously have to kill someone. Would it just be him... and this other person trying to kill each other, or were there others. Was this like guy like one of those psychos that got his kicks by watching other people kill each other.

"This is the kinda stuff you see in animes," Mamoru muttered slightly hysterical, "that's just a laugh... my life has turned into some sort of twisted anime plot." Mamoru leaned against the wall next to the desk slumping down it putting his head between his legs. 

"Relax.... relax.... relax...." Mamoru said to himself taking several deep breaths, before bringing his head back up, leaning back against the wall, "freaking out won't do me any good, besides maybe that person will end up getting killed by someone else." Mamoru sighed with this small, extremely hopeful bit of insurance he stood up again.

Taking another more careful look around the room Mamoru discovered several things. First and foremost was that room had no windows. Resting next to the desk was an easel, upon which there was a blank canvas, and further exploration inside the desk revealed several other art supplies such as a sketch book, scissors, and need and thread.

"Hmm, it seems my kidnapper knows quite a bit about my hobbies," the teenager muttered. In the opposite corner of the room there was a fully stocked dresser, and a bathroom which thankfully had soap and shampoo. He had immediately thought to take a shower first, but looking at his messy hair, and blue checkered pajamas in mirror made have second thoughts. Perhaps it would be better if he remained looking disheveled, and made himself look distressed. If his hunch was right, and this was anything like those survival animes there would be other people here too, and likely one gunning for Mamoru himself. 

He wasn't much of an actor, but he didn't really need fake a mental breakdown in this situation, just bringing up the thought that he might have to kill somebody back to the surface was enough to make him green. Taking a deep breath Mamoru exited both the bathroom and the bedroom, only slightly surprised to find the door unlocked, and began shuffling forward into the mansion's hallways, unsure of were to go.

There's something wrong.

Even before she was awake, the young girl was able to tell this much. The air, the atmosphere, even the very structure of the bed felt utterly different, and her senses were screaming out to her for all these reasons, trying to force her into consciousness. They were telling her that she was in danger. That she had to be on the move as soon as possible, or else she'd be killed. Killed.

However, despite this sharp intensity, she kept her eyes closed since that part of her life was long-gone by now. She no longer had to constantly live in fear every single hour of her life, no longer had to keep worrying about survival and no longer had to be constantly ready to wake up at a moment's notice to escape from any assailants. Besides, this wasn't the first time she felt like this - sometimes, due to having left the heater on, or due to nearby rotten food, or such and such, her paranoia kicked in and caused her to jolt upwards in a panic. Though even then, there were always traces of familiarity in the maid cafe room in which she slept...none of which were here.

And by the time Amaya did open up her eyes, she realized that this sickly feeling was absolutely correct this time, at which point her senses kicked in for real and she jumped out from the bed in a panicked rush, fully awake just like that.

No. No, no, no, no... Her eyes swept throughout the room in an instant and absorbed every detail from the ceiling to the walls to the furniture, none of which she recognized, the fact that there were no windows standing out very very much, and even before she understood the situation she was feeling an immense sense of pure, utter dread. It couldn't have been an elaborate prank by her coworkers, since it was practically impossible to move her without waking her up... Then, drugged? Kidnapped? Was it by some kind of creepy fan, or was it done by someone completely different?

Whatever the case, her eyes locked onto the nearby phone, and she lunged for it as if it would disappear in an instant. The following ten minutes involved her dialling in number and number of her coworkers at the cafe, all the numbers she could remember from Yuki to Chihiro to Himiko to even that Kazuo guy, but they all failed. Then, was she in a foreign country? She tried calling Jasmine too on the off-chance that it would work, but it didn't.

Truth be told, her knowledge of phones wasn't very good, and calling was about the extent of how she knew how to operate one since she never really thought they were necessary, but that suspicious letter icon in the top-right corner with a '1' next to it caught her attention. After struggling with the controls for a bit, she finally reached it and got to open it-

*Good morning, Amaya!*

Already, she felt sick. Well, whoever it was, they were wrong about hoping to call the police, since she possessed absolutely no faith in those bastards who only tried to take your homes away from you, taking advantage of you in any way possible. But that didn't change a thing. With each new sentence, she only felt more and more sick, and by the time she got to the line 'For all intents and purposes, you are now dead to the world, records and everything!' she almost felt tempted to smash the device right there and then.

..............................she had tried her very hardest to maintain the life she had gotten by chance, having worked extremely hard for the opportunity to be able to lead a normal life just like everyone else, and not live on the streets like an animal constantly living in fear. Without any family records, birth certificate, or any real identity in the world, it was only through the support and efforts of her newfound friends that she was able to start having such an opportunity.

And yet - what little she'd successfully managed to build up over the past few years, he had the nerve to erase? What little traces of her identity she'd built up, he tore down just like that?

But it was only when she got to the line afterwards that her thoughts truly came to a halt.

'Of course, you can get your life back. All you have to do is take that of someone else's! A certain...' An unfamiliar name was written there. The name of a stranger she had absolutely no connection to, and. She was being ordered to murder this person. Why? Why? WHY? Why would ANYONE do such a cruel, cruel thing?!

Amaya forced herself to remain calm. This building, she needed to learn its structure first. There were always flaws, places which she could crawl through. There had to be an escape route, or at the very least, a way to overturn this thing she was being told to do. There was no way she was going to kill anyone unless absolutely necessary... However, could the same be said for the others? It occurred to her that she may not be the only one here, and if so, then others would likely have similar messages. Were any of them being told to kill her?

There was no question about it. When murder was involved, it was practically a guarantee. Therefore, her life was in danger. Her life was definitely in danger. She needed a weapon, something, anything she could use to defend herself from any potential attacks-

It was then that she realized that she was still in her undergarments. Frowning, she forced herself over to the closet, hoping that there would be some kind of practical outfit in there for her to use...but noooo. It just had to be her maid uniform, didn't it? Not only was it tight and restrictive, but it was also embarrassing and about as far from practical as it got. It seemed she had no choice but to wear it for the duration of this sick game if she wanted to live.

After having put on the maid outfit, dress and stockings and all, Amaya's mind wondered back to a weapon. If not to kill others, then she'd need one to defend herself. But what? What was there in this room that she could possibly use?

No way. He was even able to bring all this along?

This question was answered as soon as she checked the desk drawers hoping to find something, whereupon she came face-to-face with very familiar cooking utensils from the internet maid cafe. There didn't appear to be any actual food in there, but the sauce and flavourings alone were edible enough to keep her alive for a little while, too even though her stomach had gotten used to much better food. There was one portable stove with small gas containers as fuel, along with tools. Spoons, forks, this and that, harmless things. But what stood out the most was a kitchen knife, lying right there with a deadly sharpness. The perfect murder weapon.

But she didn't want to murder anyone. Instead, she took out the metal pan, a fairly painful and blunt weapon that would be best for her defense.

Though at the last minute, she did ultimately take out the knife as well, but only to hide it as she placed it in the most resourceful place she could think of. Through the right side of her underwear, obscured by her skirt but accessible when needed. It was slightly uncomfortable, and if she moved her waist wrongly, she might end up poking herself, but it was better to be safe than sorry.

Now then. Taking a deep breath, she exited the room in silence, somewhat surprised that the door hadn't been locked, and made her way through the hallway with quiet footsteps. She still dind't understand the situation, but she didn't believe for a second that this was nothing but a mere prank, wasn't about to take such a risk.

In order to make it through the coming storm, she'd have to rely on her old senses as much as possible, as rusty as they were right now. Avoid contact with anyone and everyone, and learn everything possible about her surroundings. Tactics and experience that she'd honed over many years, now was the time to start relying them once more for survival.

What am I going to do? Amaya thought to herself, cautiously following the 'breakfast' sign with a pan in her hands to ward off any potential attackers, trying not to make a sound.

Crow rises from the hard floor "Ahh.. my head... huh..." the teen begins to look around the room, old and worn down. "What the hell is this place?" He then decides to check his phone. "D***... no signal... hm? A message..."

A look of distress appeared on Crow's face. "What the... what is this absurdity?!" He began to brain storm what should be done in this moment, ~Surely~ he thought ~no one will go through with this, if I can just find some one... maybe WE can get out of this blood bath. I just gotta start looking.~ 

With this, everyone would think he was a monster... in a fit of sudden rage- he reached for his lighter... gone. "HUH?" he checked again.... again... again. Still nothing. He realized it was dumb to think of such a thing to do. But the thought of someone invading his privacy boiled him. He was ready to get out of here.

For a moment, killing or even being killed didn't sound that bad. But n that thought he smacked himself, "NO!" He turned to a mirror in the bedroom. "YOU WILL NOT BECOME WHAT THEY BELIEVE! You can make it..." He took some deep breaths.

Walking out the room he could tell the place was rather big, he had to find out who was to kill him... and make sure they were on his side. He began to check the rooms, not making much noise. Empty rooms all the way down the hall way.

When he opened a supply closet, there was no one. A rat then scurried across his foot, he screamed hitting the floor with a large THUMP "s***!" He ran back to his room, in fear that these people could  be violent. ~If people are that mean casually~ he thought back to when he was in school. ~then who knows what they would do if they were FORCED~

"I'll hide here for now I suppose..." ditching his original plans. ~I heard japan had high crime ratings, but THIS?! This isn't human... and here I was thinking that anywhere was better then England~ Tears began to roll down his face.

​Because of her early morning schedule, Naoko had left her room considerably earlier than the rest, and was now in what she only could assume to be the dining room. The room was quite large, with a ceiling at least 30 feet up, and the walls were covered in a rich yellow wallpaper. On the end opposite the doorway, there was a dining buffet, adorned with a large mirror. The piece of furniture featured multiple drawers, each filled with fine dinnerware to match what was on the table in the center of the room.

The table had eight seats, and at the seat facing the doorway, Naoko noticed a small place-card with her name on it. Sitting down in the seat, she heard a small *beep* noise, followed by one of 8 lights on the dishes containing breakfast, which were located in the center of the table, lighting up. She did not realize it, but these dishes were rigged so that they could only be opened once each of the 8 residents sat down in their own chair. Turning the place-card over in her hand, she saw that the back contained neatly printed writing, which she muttered to herself:

"Greeting again, Naoko. I see that you found your way to the dining room. Have you met any of your house-mates, yet? Perhaps even that special one? I am sure you will find that they are full of surprises. One of them even has a gun. Of course, such a basic tool would do nothing more than spoil all the fun that we have in mind, so she will find soon enough that there are no bullets within it. Of course, it would be nice if you could keep that little secret to yourself. In any case, you may have already realized that all 8 of you need to be present for you to access the food, so if you arrived early, you won't be able to pig out!"

Naoko frowned at the revelation. "Somebody brought... a gun? How? And... why? Could someone really be that untrusting of people..?" Leaning back against her chair, she yawned at gazed expectantly, waiting for whoever the next arrival would be.

Velia entered the dining room. Her eyes and nose were still red, though she was still able to smiled to the only girl who came early. She walked to the table and noticed the cards which told her seat, right next to that girl. She picked it up and noticed the text, although she didn't read it and just put it in her pocket. She didn't want to read or hear anything from this mad kidnapper, not when she need to confront people and already suffered enough. 

Minutes passed without words, but then Velia had made her mind. She suddenly asked the girl next to her with the most friendly voice she could make.

"Excuse me... What's your name?"

Her voice still trembling... she knew it.

Aaron made his way through the hallway, satisfied that his misstep went unnoticed. He walked close to a door, and couldn't help but overhear-

"your name?"

He froze.

It made total sense. Some psychopath was getting their kicks by setting people against one another. Aaron smiled.

Opening the door, he found two Japanese girls standing around a relatively classy-looking dining table. He decided to ignore his paranoid side's instinct to simply pull the butcher knife from his backpack and go in swinging, instead relying on his guile.

"Hello. My name is Thomas Adams," Aaron said in mildly accented Japanese. "Who are you?"

Naoko watched with curious eyes as a girl, seemingly a few years younger than herself. Although she was far from an expert on the matter, it was obvious that the girl had been crying, or perhaps had some really bad allergies. Either way she was going to need a friend. Naoko patiently waited as the girl stuffed the place-card into her pocket, and continued waiting, somewhat awkwardly, as the girl sat in silence beside her.

"Excuse me... What's your name?"

The feeble voice came so suddenly that Naoko was startled out of her wits, nearly jumping out of the seat. With so much pressure all of a sudden, her mind scrambled, trying to figure out the answer to the young girl's question. Glancing down at the place-card in front of her, she calmed down, astonished that she had forgotten her own name. "Tsukina. Naoko Tsukina. And you?" She fumbled in her single pocket, pulling out the digital camera, as a boy entered the room and interrupted her introduction.

"Hello. My name is Thomas Adams, who are you?"

Naoko bit her lip, as the accent the boy used seemed slightly fake, and to her (albeit cloudy) memory, there was not any "Adams" on any of the place-cards. "Tsu...kina..."

As the new boy came in and introduced himself, his voice suddenly sent a chill down Velia's spine. She lived with her dad's men long enough to tell the different between ordinary people and those who've killed someone, not to mention that obviously fake name. She decided to avoid this person and to not letting her guard down while he is around. She breathed deeply before replied to both of them.

"Nice to meet both of you, I'm... Velia, just Velia."

Avoiding her last name that might cause troubles in this situation, Velia introduced herself with a calmer and better tone of voice than before. She then ignored the boy and turned to the girl she talked to from the start.

"Naoko Tsukina-san? then can I call you Naoko?"

Aaron blinked twice, processing this. "Tsukina and Velia?" He repeated. "Did I say that correctly? I must apologize, my grasp of the language isn't perfect. I probably have a very bad accent." He regarded Velia with a raised eyebrow.

He hoped his warm demeanor and calm smile would defuse the barriers they had up. After all, if the text message was to be believed, death would happen here today. Speaking of . . .

"Let me guess . . . you got a message, as well?" Aaron allowed his calm smile to flip into the quote-unquote adorable frown that had attracted unwanted attention at school. "Don't worry, Tsukina, Velia, I'm not that desperate. Even if I were, I'm supposed to be going after someone named 'Yuu'."

Aaron inwardly enjoyed this- telling someone just enough of the truth to make the lies believable. The situation could stand improving, but there was no immediate fix.

"Nice to meet both of you, I'm... Velia, just Velia... Naoko Tsukina-san? then can I call you Naoko?"

Naoko nodded quickly, twice in a row. "Yes, that works great!" Raising the camera so that it was pointed at Velia, she snapped a quick picture, and as the image appeared on the screen she pulled out a small stylus, writing *Velia - Friend" before turning it to the boy, "Gonna have to get one of you, too!" clicking the button again. After the image of the boy appeared, she paused briefly, chuckling to herself as she wrote "not!Thomas". Stashing the camera back in her pocket she looked up at the two.

"I'm supposed to be going after someone named 'Yuu'."

Naoko was taken aback by his straightforwardness, and stuttered for a while, before forming a response. "I... don't remember mine... but I am sure it isn't either of you" What she said was not untrue, and even if she had remembered it, it was not one of the names she had yet encountered.

As she finished opening the door just wide enough to for her to peer out of, Saori raised her gun, holding it in the Weaver stance just like Hiroaki taught her. She pushed the door further open and aimed down one direction from the hallway, before quickly turning to the other. No-one seemed to be in sight, so Saori took the chance to see if there was still a bullet in the chamber... only to find that the entire gun was clean of ammunition.

'Wait... I'm sure I had...' Saori immediately fished out and examined the spare magazines she kept in her knapsack, only to find they were empty too, 'Well that's highly improbable; they were full just before I left. Right, first thing I'm gonna have to do is try to find some more bullets.'

Trying her best to hide her genuine concern, Saori holstered the now useless gun back to its hiding spot and moved forward, eventually finding the dining room which she had curiously entered. There were two other girls and a boy already there, but Saori paid them no mind. Instead, she went straight for one of the drawers, and examined every square inch of the drawer she had approached. She doubted that there were gonna be any bullets in the dining room because that'd be a poor place to put them, but even so, she wanted look into each and every item and determine its potential worth... even if it wouldn't have been used immediately.

Crow awoke again remembering the situation. He had cried himself to sleep. His stomach grumbled. "Man... I'm starving..." He hadn't eaten at all yesterday.

He looked around, "Nothing to eat in here..." He began to look towards the door. "Well... every house has a kitchen I suppose." Hungry, he stepped from his room. He remembered the rat incidence and did not want a repeat. So he walked the opposite direction.

Soon enough... he had found the dining room. To his shock people were already their. Looking at the plates, he could tell he wasn't allowed to eat. This had him dissapointed. He was scared to approach the others, they could've been violent.

To his surprise... the looked pretty normal. That's when he saw him... a foreigner like him, he looked so confidant. Right then Crow ran to him without thinking. "Hey I'm Crow... I just got here and I was wondering your name..." 

He held out his right hand. Scratching the back of his head with his left. Eyes Squinted with a forced grin.~IDIOT! You rushed it~gulp

When Yuu entered the dining room, several others had already taken place around the table. Unfortunately, he spotted table cards, with names written on them. 'Oh, poor game master. He didn't trust us to find the names out by ourselves. Well, at least we're having an open hunt now, with everybody starting at the same level.'

He took at seat at the table, next to the only guy in the room, before he started to talk: "Am I right that we are all meeting under the same circumstates? You all recieved a text message that assigns you to kill someone in order to complete this game? And one of them had the name Yuu written on it and now I should be afraid of him or her."

He shrugged his shoulders, "Well, I am not, since I am almost entirely sure I could outsmart whoever my killer might be. Truth be told, I wanted to give you a fake name first, but those table cards make this unnessesary, since everyone could guess my name once all have shown up. Nonetheless, I am Yuu Fukui and I am, in the original meaning of that word, a genius. And what are your credits for this game?"

Although he noticed the breakfast on the table, he wasn't that much hungry, since the anticipation for the game got most of his appetite. Instead, he eyed his current compeditors closely, memorizing their look as much as he could in the given time, if anyone of them would come up with disguises or something, what was unlike but still something to be reckoned with.

Aaron raised an eyebrow and chuckled, not bringing up anything beyond what had already been made clear. "I'm Thomas," he said, offering a hand to Yuu.

"Because of the fact that we're all trapped here together, the first order of business should be to make absolutely sure of any possible exits before we resort to murdering one another," he said, his expression remaining in a light frown. "As such, if you have anything available that could breach one of the walls or doors, you should make it known to the group now."

With that, Aaron stood with his hands at his sides. In the best case scenario, someone had a way out besides what their kidnapper had made available. In the worst, he confirmed that no one had any highly deadly weapons immediately available. Regardless, it was a win-win.

Crow looked down at the ground. ~Told you, you rushed it~ Crow sighed. "Well I haven't seen any windows..." ~Shut up you don't know ANYTHING! You are just gonna make it worst. What possible way could~ at that moment he remembered seeing a type of entry at the top of the supply closet. Possibly to the attic.

"I saw the way to the attic!" He blurted. He then covered his mouth. ~WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU!!! YOU DON'T KNOW IF THAT'S WERE IT LEADS, YOU DIDN'T GO IN!!! Even if you did what could possibly be in the attic~ Crow then walked towards a chair, using his own body weight, broke the leg off. He then noticed the names. The chair was for some named Amaya, he was to sit opposite of her.

He looked at the others. Clearing his throat, he began to speak. "I simply brought it up because in the opening, could lead to blunt items." ~You saved yourself slightly I suppose, do it again and none of these people will even LOOK at you~ Crow let out a deep breath.

Naoko looked nervously between the boy and the one he claimed to have been ordered to kill. Should she say something? Was she supposed to be keeping this a secret? She really was not sure how to proceed. So many people had some in so quickly, and she wasn't sure if any of them intended to follow the directions they had been given - maybe one of them was already plotting to kill her! Glancing toward Velia, she could tell that the younger girl was still quite uncomfortable with the situation as a whole. and, though it was far from easy for Naoko, she could at least try to pretend it was. "Nobody is going to be killing anybody! This is all some twisted idea thought up by somebody who must be laughing at us now. If we don't kill anyone, what are they going to do? We can try to find a way out, but let's at least take a breather and eat something first. We aren't even all here yet, so we should let everyone be present before making any large decisions."

Of course, her mental voice was filled with far more indecision, What if I am the first to kill someone... I haven't even met the person yet, but... Do I trust myself to do the right thing? Her inner plea was matched by a momentary nervous frown as she checked everyone else's faces to see how well they were coping.

Aaron quickly regained his light, dream-like smile. "Well, if we need to sweep the house, everyone should be prepared." He quickly turned down the suggestion to eat- the named places would quickly expose his lie, and he most definitely did not want that. Besides, having been raised the way he was, he could easily go a week without eating. Food was decidedly a non-issue.

"If you all don't mind, I'll check up on the front door. I'm . . . not hungry." He left the dining room.

"This won't end well," he muttered to himself in English. "I mean, goddamn it, I'm in Japan ten minutes and I'm in a poorly-written horror movie."

He pulled an eleven-inch butcher knife from his backpack and held it in front of him. Aaron Jeffrey Todd would not be caught off-guard twice.

"Damn it" Crow muttered in English. No one even so much as a second glance at him. ~Wow... way to go, seems in japan breaking things makes invisible. Face it... your nothing...~ Crow began to the door. On his way... taking a fork that lay on the table, placing it in his pocket, with no one noticing.

"Hey, THOMAS! WAIT UP!" Crow called out in english. He ran to Aaron. "You're american right? I uh... I like your eyes. They're cool as hell." Crow forced a smile, hoping to get one in return. ~If I try to be friendly, perhaps we will be friends~ Crow let out a sigh once more, keeping his smile. ~Wouldn't get my hopes up~

As Mamoru shuffled through the hallways of the mansion, he began to hear the faint whisper of voices before stumbling upon the source of the voices. Still unsure of whether he should join them or not the young man peaked in through a crack in the door to discover several others about the same age as himself. 

Stepping back before he was noticed Mamoru took moment to bring his primary objective, to the forefront of his mind. To kill another innocent person. The more Mamoru thought about it the heavier it weighed upon his heart, and his mind. Making a loud sniffling noise Mamoru again walked forward this time to enter the room, though before he could push the door open it flung forward a very tall, dark clothed teenager walked out almost knocking the much smaller Mamoru over. Soon after Mamoru was almost run over by another young man running out the door talking in some confusing language.

"S-sorry," Mamoru whimpered as the boy walked away, and while he couldn't be sure Mamoru had thought he'd seen a scare on the first boy's arm.

Finally making his way into the room Mamoru was internally pleased to find that the room was a dining hall, though on the outside he looked very much like a nervous wreck, and it would be quite debatable about how much of said nervousness was faked.

Ignoring the other persons in the room for the time being he brushed passed them to the table noticing the place cards arranged with each person's name on it. Taking note that none of the other "players" had taken a seat near him Mamoru took the chance to slip the card off the table. As he slipped it off he noticed the edge of writing within it, but rather than risk further mental breakdown he chose to scrunch it between his fist instead.

Perhaps, he thought to himself, it would be a better idea to give a fake name rather than my real one. The only person who could call me out on it, provided that person had not seen my card would be the person who was meant to kill me.

Pushing out his chair Mamoru sat down his hands in his lap the place card scrunched between them.  

Plate. Plate. Plate. Wine glass. Wine glass. It was all that Saori kept finding within this drawer, but she set all of those aside and kept mindlessly searching anyway, as if she was expecting to see something different inside. Of course, she could've purposefully smashed the plates and glasses and then pick up the pieces for later use, but that would only draw everyone else's attention. If that was what she wanted, Saori would've tried to bring the drawer down on her target instead; at the very least it would've broken all the plates and glasses at once, if not crush the target's bones in the process. But Saori would need help from someone else.

Nonetheless, Saori continued to scour the drawer, managing to ignore what everyone else was saying until all of a sudden...

"Nobody is going to be killing anyone!" this caught Saori's attention, causing her to turn to the girl who said it (Naoko). However, as she listened into what she had to say, Saori came to the conclusion that this girl was nothing more than an idealistic fool. Saori could potentially regret what she said next, but she said it anyway.

"You clearly have no idea how dire this situation is, do you?" she asked the girl in a brooding manner, "We don't know who this person is, we don't know how much thought he's put into this plan of his, and we certainly don't know what exactly he's capable of. All any one of us can assume is that he holds all the cards, and that he can change his mind any time he wants and we'd be the least bit aware of it. If I were you, I'd treat this whole thing a lot more seriously..."

Soari then returned to searching the drawer, to see if she could find... oh, God only knew, a candle.

Archived