Halloween Masquerade

Aix

So we're going to have another Halloween Masquerade like last year, so it's time to start planning. Rather than just keeping it up to the mods to decide the specifics, it'd be more productive if you guys spoke up on what you want. So, what suggestions do you have to make this event a success?

If we're going to be doing the monsters thing again, can members who were monsters last year sign up to be monsters this year?

...Uh I dunno, I don't have any good suggestions tbh, apart from this silly one; having this play out similar to the Easter Egg hunt and hide candy around the forum or something, and yeah that sounded s*** in my head and on paper.

...Uh I dunno, I don't have any good suggestions tbh, apart from this silly one; having this play out similar to the Easter Egg hunt and hide candy around the forum or something, and yeah that sounded s*** in my head and on paper.

This could totally be cool though. But with one additional idea that you make it so people have to interact with the monsters to find stuff somehow. No idea how you could hide things well enough though.

Hm....

Going off the trick or treat thing, have it elimination + Russian roulette style?

Like IDK if it's possible to implement, but the "treat" will be with one user (multiple treats, one user per treat), but the "clue" will hint at two possible users, and if you get the right one, you move on, if not, then some thingy or whatever eliminates you from the contest?

Maybe the mods give the monsters a specific piece of info to tell the members as they ask them perhaps?

It could be like the easter one, but perhaps the hints have to be acquired from the monsters? Like a haunted house scavenger hunt.

Anyway. The issue with this idea is that it limits the contest greatly based on the activity of said monsters. Of course, mobile internet browsing exists so I am sure it would be doable.

OH!

Maybe with that idea, give some monsters false information, as the trick?

That sounds hilarious

Anyway. The issue with this idea is that it limits the contest greatly based on the activity of said monsters. Of course, mobile internet browsing exists so I am sure it would be doable.

I remember a rule from last year's event was that you had to be active.

OH!

Maybe with that idea, give some monsters false information, as the trick?

That sounds hilarious although that'll probs end up with some members saying to each other "This monster gave me false info, don't trust them."

Yep, that would be ideal in my opinion.

And even if they maybe came from a right one, but then went onto a wrong one, they wouldn't be able to tell by dead ends, because it should all flow together, so it could be maybe a monster earlier from the line that was the trickster(s).

If we're going to be doing the monsters thing again, can members who were monsters last year sign up to be monsters this year?

You probably can, but obviously would need to find a new identity to assume this year.

We'll discuss this in the mod forum. (Also trying to figure out if Mugen/Aix are playing again this time around.)

Idea is still 15 members + whatever mods want in. If you think we should increase this number, speak up.

As for additional ideas, I vaguely remember the stamp event for Halloween back in 2009 (for those of you who remember). Not sure how that'll work out this time, but could be a scavenger hunt of sorts, like a few of you suggested.

Each "monster" gets a stamp and they hide it in either one of their unlocked posts (preferably not in a really old one; those should've been archived though) or in profile fields. Of course, that would imply said users have some experience with GFXing (essentially, find/make a pic that'll represent you; slap a photo frame around it, upload it somewhere; then hide them somwhere).

In the case of very active members, the amount of posts you'd have to search will prove to be harder than the newer ones.

If you want a really scary Halloween you could bring Coolspy back for the day

Hmm, well not sure on details or anything but similar idea to what Elly said, maybe something where one of the members is a "serial killer" killing off people and leaving clues or something. Or make it an alt like the Masquerade..... It's 2 A.M, I barely know what I'm talking about.

If you want a really scary Halloween you could bring Coolspy back for the day

Hmm, well not sure on details or anything but similar idea to what Elly said, maybe something where one of the members is a "serial killer" killing off people and leaving clues or something. Or make it an alt like the Masquerade..... It's 2 A.M, I barely know what I'm talking about.

We do have a whole YCM killer conspiracy to work with...

You probably can, but obviously would need to find a new identity to assume this year.

We'll discuss this in the mod forum. (Also trying to figure out if Mugen/Aix are playing again this time around.)

I gathered that. Of course the main issue is that we'd have to make another new account which would require us to use a different email from the prev monster account.

And it's not like mods can delete accounts (so a member can use the email they used for that account for a new one) or delete name change history of the prev monster account to save them from making a new account and so it isn't easy to guess who they are.

Nevertheless I do have a couple of ideas for who I would become should I want to do this again.

We actually can delete accounts (though only Supers / YCMaker can); I remember having to request Night to delete someone back in July after they threw a fit with me over warns [they wanted it though].

Or we just change the emails on the old monster accounts to some random stuff so you can reuse the emails you had on those for the new ones, should you decide to play on newer ones.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived