Reduce Senior Member Threshold to 4000 or lower?

So far, noticed that there's only a really small portion of member active from before the spammy sections had their post count removed that managed to reach the Senior Member usergroup.

Without those, in my opinion 5000 is far too unattainable to most members in a reasonable (2-3 years) time to attain,

3000 to 4000 should be a better threshold, I guess.

Though, if it's too low, it might beat the purpose of the usergroup itself, but I'm still not sure.

I guess, discuss?

I've wanted something like this for a while >=D

It can't hurt, but...

I have been here for ONE YEAR and I hit 4000 posts. It honestly depends on the member.

My profile says 2 years, but if you look at my status history I didn't do anything until September 2013. Damn, it's been a little over a year…time flies.

Anyway, I support because 5000 posts is a hella lot to try to get for a lot of people. 

You can't tell me that certain people who are here aren't "devoted" just because they don't have 5000 posts. 

I swear Black and birdie were trying to get this done as well. I honestly don't get why it hasn't been done, there's no real reason to have to make it so high.

If we made post count go up in certain areas, then yes, 5000 would be fair. Hell, I would have like 5000-6000 already.

A senior member is what it is. Senior. If you can manage to hit that high of a post count you deserve to have some sort of way of showing to others that you're not the average member. It also helps new people to know which members have more experience on YCM and can talk to for help.

No supp (Y)

Although giving post count back to certain areas could be good.

There are members who have been active for years with many less posts who have shown very strong dedication compared to members with so many more posts that clearly do not care much about the forum. How many times somebody posts a day should not quantify their value compared to somebody who gives to the community in their own way despite posting less.

Lets also remember the actual definition of "senior."

It did get brought up briefly a few months ago.

And that's when I learned Senior Members had benefits. And then I learned those were very minor upgrades at best.

Because of this, it was briefly suggested removing the usergroup entirely, but decided against it because it was a bragging rights reward. The same logic led to the idea that because the differences were so small, it remained a bragging rights reward that should be difficult to attain without a lot of dedication.

A senior member is what it is. Senior. If you can manage to hit that high of a post count you deserve to have some sort of way of showing to others that you're not the average member. It also helps new people to know which members have more experience on YCM and can talk to for help.

No supp (Y)

Although giving post count back to certain areas could be good.

I know plenty of people here I can talk to who have less than this 5000 post requirement, and I don't think its quite fair to rule them out because they don't post in areas with a lot of post count. 

I mean, if we really want to get critical, this site is a place for YGO s***. Maybe we should make senior membership status revolve around that instead, because that would work. 

Just looking at the people around my post count, I'd say that they aren't average members, and in fact, are extraordinary members.

And about 10 pages of the 14-15 that have 5000 posts are members that aren't even here anymore. How's that for "experience on YCM"?

It did get brought up briefly a few months ago.

And that's when I learned Senior Members had benefits. And then I learned those were very minor upgrades at best.

Because of this, it was briefly suggested removing the usergroup entirely, but decided against it because it was a bragging rights reward. The same logic led to the idea that because the differences were so small, it remained a bragging rights reward that should be difficult to attain without a lot of dedication.

I mean if you can become a mod with less than 4000 (let alone 5000)I really don't f***ing get why you need 5000 for some damn minor upgrades.

You can't tell me that a mod isn't dedicated to the site. Well, at least, anymore.

I did all my posts legit. So the spammy section isn't all the senior members.

I don't really see the point of changing something that was never broken.

It's broken now =/

The site's not near as active as it used to be. It's difficult to rack up posts. I know people who have been here for 3 or more years who don't have 5000 posts yet.

Dedication being required is one thing, but 3500/4000 posts is still a LOT of dedication.

I honestly don't understand why the Senior Member thing has ever been an issue. It's not that I disagree with the notion of lowering the requirement, it's that I just don't see why it's so desirable. The differences in the groups amounts to slightly larger upload limits, a few more pics in your signature, more frequent name changes, and profile customization (okay, THAT would be desirable). And for some reason, the ability to give a maximum of 15 Likes, when regular members have a limit of 16.

I have reduced the requirement to 4000 for the time being.

I did all my posts legit. So the spammy section isn't all the senior members.

I don't really see the point of changing something that was never broken.

At what point did you become a mod, though?
Because at least 4000 posts had to have been "LOCKED"
xD

It's not broken, just a lot less plausible and realistic than before.

Just because some can do it doesn't mean everyone can. And becoming a senior member because you post here a lot in ways that have nothing to do with the purpose of the site? Seems like bullshit to me. The whole thing is stupid, really. Over like 80% of our "senior members" don't even post anymore, why should they have that and not us? 

And like Black is saying, this site is a lot less active. It can take DAYS to get a reply in a thread that you can reply to, as opposed to how it might've been back in the day, to where threads were almost like active conversations.

I swear, more actual content is in the spam section than any other part of the site, lets just enable post count there.

I know what you're thinking, I do.

Yet the people that actually spam the spam section ARE active members and ARE seniors.

Goose, Rod, Maki, Thar, Lunar, Aix and just about every other damn semi-active and active member. I would go to just about all of these to have a real conversation with, and maybe even get help from a few.

So maybe, let's just enable spam section post count.

xP

Dammit Evil just nullified everything xD

Ahh, so you have to make a post in order for the change to take effect. That explains why a bunch of people with 5000+ are still "Members", and why the above poster just NOW got the change. (I made the change like 15 minutes ago)

Which is actually damn cool because now we can actually distinguish people who are ACTUALLY active here.

Awesome.

Hmm?

I dont really get it, i thought u became a senior when you got your 6th star?

5,000 posts is alot, i check this site alot and try to be helpful but even getting this 4th star has taken time.

I think its fair though, if you really support this alot then 5,000 posts would take time but i think its fair.

Also when you do achieve it i think it would feel alot more of an achievement.

PS: how many posts for my next star?

Hmm?

I dont really get it, i thought u became a senior when you got your 6th star?

5,000 posts is alot, i check this site alot and try to be helpful but even getting this 4th star has taken time.

I think its fair though, if you really support this alot then 5,000 posts would take time but i think its fair.

Also when you do achieve it i think it would feel alot more of an achievement.

PS: how many posts for my next star?

Well now I guess senior happens at 4000, 6th star at 5000.

Your next star is at 1000 iirc, and then its until 5000 from there. Quite a jump.

Trust me, it feels like an achievement at 4000. 3000 posts since something last happened, iirc.

So, 5000 posts marking 6 stars sounds cool enough.

It's already been settled, though. (this issue, that is) >=D

Since the Senior (or Legendary Member) requirement's been dropped to 4000; making a 10k mark for VIP isn't completely far-fetched, but it'll prove relatively difficult to attain now.

Not sure what evilfusion (or the other mods) will say about it though. (I don't even know what sorts of privileges we'd give you guys for making it that far)

If you do get one, 7th star much?

Archived