Spell / Trap Fusions

JessicaMuddy

My new idea!
The way they work: You can have 15 S/T Fusions in your Extra Deck (15 monsters + 15 S/T).
The actual fusing process works the same: Play Polymerization, fuse the cards from your hand/ side of the field, then Play the card Face-Down. Then they work like any other Trap/ Spell.

Here are some examples:
ufk7446.png
MQETuI2.png
udscaL7.png

oq6XfZQ.png
(Continuous)

Thing is, since your opponent sees it coming, they would be a complete idiot to overextend into it for you to at least break even. For example, you need to give up 3 cards for Torrential Trigeki (TT + Raigeki + Polymerization), and if you want to break even, at least, you need to clean out 4 monsters at one shot. It will take a while before you can reach there, and then in the process your opponent just zaps it with Night Beam or the like.

Thing is, since your opponent sees it coming, they would be a complete idiot to overextend into it for you to at least break even. For example, you need to give up 3 cards for Torrential Trigeki (TT + Raigeki + Polymerization), and if you want to break even, at least, you need to clean out 4 monsters at one shot. It will take a while before you can reach there, and then in the process your opponent just zaps it with Night Beam or the like.

I want to change it so it isn't like that, by I don't know what to do to balance it. I feel that removing Poly would be a bit too broken.

Also, thoughts on the others?

A similar train of thought applies to the other cards. When you sink 3 specific cards for an investment like this, you'd expect to gain enough or more advantage out of it when it goes off. Bottomless Dark Hole would need to banish at least 3 monsters your opponent controls to break even, and your opponent's not going to walk into that. Whitegeki Breakhole has merit in the form of reusable S/T negation akin to Shi En, but even Shi En would be arguably better due to having a body, being more resilient to destruction, and being a lot less specific of what it takes to Summon him.

Archived