[M:tG] C14 Spoiler Week Recap Thread (ALL)

bury the year

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They couldn't make Dualcaster 1R casting cost? I know they don't want another True Name Nemesis but come on man, I don't know why this rustles my jimmies so much. Also, reef worm is dope as fuck.

I too thought this. It would likely be busted, but having the final piece of the broken 1C cycle would have been nice.

Anyway, Freyalise seems cool, though her -2 is pretty weak. Would have rathered it be a -1. Nixilis getting a walker card is REALLY cool. Like, it makes total sense and I never even though to do that. His +2 is on the weak, but his -2 looks really good. Also like that both of them stick around after they ult. Reef Worm is very cute, and holy crap we got Ajani's bro as a card now. 

Side from that, it looks like the Green deck at the very least is going to have some tribal theme. Hoping its elves since I have an elf deck, but haven't played it in ages and making it a commander deck seems pretty cool. 

The Only Iffy Thing about the Worm might be that it doesn't synergize at all with neither Geralf or Teferi unless there is a Clone Subtheme in that Deck MAYBE.

Yeah Dualscaster can't cost less than 3 unfortunately for balance sake. (BUT it is a chase card as it is so)...also pretty good Feldon Target

Ob is cute and might mean that there is a Siphon Subtheme in Deck plus he makes 5/5 Demons that can be turned into 5 2/2 Zombies by Gisa which is Cool Synergy

Gravesifter Makes me think we are having Tribal Love in our Green Deck which makes me wonder who will be the Green Legend

I had a 9/9 blue Kraken token as the "symbol" of my Thassa Seafood deck but always lamented that the only way to bring it out was via the unusable Kiora.

Incredibly thrilled that Reef worm finally gives me the ability to generate that token.

I and a friend of mine who plays Zegana are both very excited about Reef Worm as well. Me because sac outlet + Parallel Lives = eight 9/9 krakens, her just for the shits and giggles.

Black deck has been supposedly leaked. Details are in spoiler below: I won't put them on the main post until they are officially revealed, so read at your own risk. Also, be nice and spoiler any discussion about them in turn.

[spoiler=Black Deck]Arcane Lighthouse
Land
T: Add 1 to your mana pool.
1, T: Until end of turn, creatures your opponents control lose hexproof and shroud and can't have hexproof or shroud.

Commander's Sphere 3
Artifact
T: Add one mana to your mana pool of any color in your commander's color identity.
Sacrifice ~: Draw a card.
It harmonizes with the essence of its master.

Demon of Wailing Agonies 3BB
Creature - Demon
Flying
Lieutenant - As long as you control your commander, ~ gets +2/+2 and has "Whenever ~ deals combat damage to a player, that player sacrifices a creature."
4/4

Flesh Carver 2B
Creature - Human Wizard
Intimidate
1B, Sacrifice another creature: Put two +1/+1 counters on ~.
When ~ dies, put an X/X black Horror creature token onto the battlefield, where X is the number of +1/+1 counters on ~.
"Just a taste?"
2/2

Malicious Affliction BB
Instant
Morbid - When you cast ~, if a creature has died this turn, you may copy ~ and you may choose a new target for the copy.
Destroy target nonblack creature.
"Such an affliction appears to seek out the pure." - Byro, plague doctor

Necromantic Selection 4BBB
Sorcery
Destroy all creatures, then return a creature put into a graveyard this way to the battlefield under your control. It's a black Zombie in addition to its other colors and types. Exile ~.
It shambles from the cloud of ash and bone dust, undeterred by its own extinction.

Overseer of the Damned 5BB
Creature - Demon
Flying
When ~ enters the battlefield, you may destroy target creature.
Whenever a nontoken creature an opponent controls dies, put a 2/2 black Zombie creature token onto the battlefield tapped.
5/5

Raving Dead 4B
Creature - Zombie
Deathtouch
At the beginning of combat on your turn, choose an opponent at random. ~ attacks that player this combat if able.
Whenever ~ deals combat damage to a player, that player loses half of his or her life, rounded down.
2/6

Spoils of Blood B
Instant
Put an X/X black Horror token onto the battlefield, where X is the number of creatures that died this turn.
"There are always leftovers." - Derecht, flesh carver

Wake the Dead XBB
Instant
Cast ~ only during combat on an opponent's turn.
Return X target creature cards from your graveyard to the battlefield. Sacrifice those creatures at the beginning of the next end step.

Abyssal Persecutor
Æther Snap
Annihilate
Bad Moon
Barren Moor
Black Sun's Zenith
Bloodgift Demon
Bojuka Bog
Burnished Hart
Butcher of Malakir
Charcoal Diamond (new art)
Crypt of Agadeem